Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 02:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christina Olivares Blacker going to HRTV  (Read 916 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/74996/olivares-blacker-to-return-to-hrtv

Olivares Blacker to Return to HRTV

Racing channel HRTV has reached an agreement with Christina Olivares Blacker to join the network, beginning Dec. 26, opening day at Santa Anita Park.

Additionally HRTV has reached a deal with Kurt Hoover, making the longtime horseracing TV personality a full-time member of the network's  announcing team, also effective Dec. 26. While Hoover has been involved with HRTV since its inception, his contributions have been limited to the live Santa Anita meetings.

Olivares Blacker rejoins HRTV, where her career in horseracing began in 2004. As a senior in college, she served as a weekend reporter and features producer. During her initial stint at HRTV, she played a key role in the network's development and was a driving force behind the shows "Target Louisville" and "Pursuit of the Cup."

On the evening of Dec. 9 she said farewell to viewers on the racing channel TVG, where she had worked. A versatile on-air presence, she is expected to fill a variety of roles with HRTV, including reporter, host, and analyst.

"I'm thrilled to be rejoining the stellar team at HRTV," Olivares Blacker said. "I look forward to working with them and contributing to the broadcasts."

The daughter of jockey Frank Olivares, she graduated from the USC Annenberg School for Communications with a degree in broadcast journalism and entertainment communications. 

In 2006-12, she moved to TVG as a full-time on-camera reporter. In her six years at the network, Olivares Blacker parlayed that position in to a variety of roles, expanding her familiarity with racing connections throughout the country. In March, 2012, Olivares Blacker stepped on to the network stage with NBC Sports serving as a reporter for the Florida Derby (gr. I) broadcast. She married Thoroughbred trainer Dan Blacker in July. The couple resides near Santa Anita Park, home base for HRTV.

Kurt Hoover has been with HRTV since 2002, and remains one of the sport's most respected voices in Southern California. He has filled a myriad of roles with HRTV, serving as host, analyst, and reporter for its live racing coverage, and will continue in that capacity. The full-time role at HRTV's Arcadia, Calif. studio, solidifies his roots. Hoover began his broadcasting career at Santa Anita in 1986 where he was a key member of the Eclipse Award-winning Santa Anita broadcast team.

Additionally, Hoover has contributed to several original HRTV shows, including: "The Edge," "Race Day America," and "Against the Odds." In addition to his decade-long work with HRTV, Hoover also worked with ESPN from 2003-05, where he covered the Triple Crown and other key races.
Report to moderator   Logged
SandyLoam

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

With (full-building) DirectTV, I don't get HRTV. Besides the fact TVG's on-air people are getting lamer by the day, it's selection of tracks makes it seem as if it is on the outside looking in on the better racing days. They even delay Hawthorne when it's the best track they've got that day. Plus, I don't get it in high-definition!

Question: Anybody had experience with HRTV's online streaming? Is the definition good? What very little I've seen of the network, it seems to stick to the subject. Might be worth the subscription price.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

Great to see Kurt Hoover finally getting a full-time deal on HRTV. He deserves it.

I think her and Joanne Jones are the best on HRTV.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

Was she there today or is tvg blocking her?
Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »

Got a tweet from HRTV that said she can't start until Jan 1 due to contract issue with TVG.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »

New Year's Day will be her debut.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »

Today she debuts on HRTV
Pages: [1]   Go Up