Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 10:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebeachsomewhere first lifetime start  (Read 3019 times)
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »

You will be waiting a long time head shake
Even if SBSW didn't drop into the 2 hole after the leader brushed. He would have either brushed or grinded and gone even faster. That race was very impressive.
Report to moderator   Logged
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »

You're really comparing Cam to Admiral's Express? That's the best way I've ever heard to have all your opinions disregarded. It's just so wrong I don't know where to begin. Cam Fella went as fast as he needed to go to win. If he were racing today without a hubrail and with the modern bikes, he'd go faster. Long after he had retired they brought him out on Jug Day and and he spun around there in about 56 seconds when he was about 20 years old or something. Admiral's Express is a nice hard-knocking horse but Cam is an all-time great.
They both had a same desire to slowly discourage their competition with that never say die attitude...you know its not as crazy as one might think to compare the Pacing Machine and the Grey Gladiator.....they both got the job done without the flash and flare of other stars mentioned and sometimes it wasnt pretty medal
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

6 hour trip with Billy O I'm sure  there wasn't a dull moment...he has a great memory & is a great "story" teller laughing guy
Does he like to talk or what!!....he remembers not only certain races but word for word conversations with trainers as they handed him the lines....great teller of tales true or not beer
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2013, 12:56:08 PM »

They both had a same desire to slowly discourage their competition with that never say die attitude...you know its not as crazy as one might think to compare the Pacing Machine and the Grey Gladiator.....they both got the job done without the flash and flare of other stars mentioned and sometimes it wasnt pretty medal

I have nothing but admiration for Admiral's Express. It seemed like he kept going forever. I'd only be slightly surprised if I picked up a program for Northville and saw him at 3-5 on the M/L in their open.  Cheesy  But he's no Cam Fella. Cam Fella was a great, great horse. Don't let that "slow" TT mark of his fool you. He won all those races in a row against the best that there was at the time. A horse like Mr. Dalrae who was pretty damn great in his own right couldn't start him pacing.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »

I have nothing but admiration for Admiral's Express. It seemed like he kept going forever. I'd only be slightly surprised if I picked up a program for Northville and saw him at 3-5 on the M/L in their open.  Cheesy  But he's no Cam Fella. Cam Fella was a great, great horse. Don't let that "slow" TT mark of his fool you. He won all those races in a row against the best that there was at the time. A horse like Mr. Dalrae who was pretty damn great in his own right couldn't start him pacing.

Claiming King,
Do you remember the hype when Cam Fella raced against Its Fritz ?
Fritz took the lead at Meadowlands and opened up a quick 4 or 5 and Cam Fella came back for the win.
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »

Claiming King,
Do you remember the hype when Cam Fella raced against Its Fritz ?
Fritz took the lead at Meadowlands and opened up a quick 4 or 5 and Cam Fella came back for the win.

Yeah, that was a great race. Fritz blew right by him at the top of the stretch and Cam just kept coming back at him. The two races Cam put together at Sportsman's in the summer of 1983 were something to see too.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »

Can someone please post a more impressive first lifetime start at grand river than the Beach? I thought not.

Most of us wouldn't know, since the place is way under the radar, and generally, good horses don't MAKE their first start at Grand River.   head shake

But if you think his first start compares to Warrawee Needy's, I have a nice span from Brooklyn to Manhattan to sell you.

Jerome B

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »

Bret Hanover and Albatross were before my time.

They were both better than Cam Fella. Of course Cam had Pat Crowe so he gets plenty of points for that. But Frank Ervin was a pathetic driver which puts Bret all alone.
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »

I was there following Cam right from his purchase from Doug right to his last win over Monkey Wrench at Greenwood on retirement day and even his farewell tour years later.....he was maybe the greatest ever to be bred....that day at the Jug when Pat turned him on his retirement tour and he paced a last 1/4 in 27 and change with the crowd on their feet was the greatest moment in his whole career at twenty years old and after battling cancer the year before...he was a legend in the breeding shed also.....I think the mare Eternal Camnation had all of Cams guts and determination....Looking back as the sport is slowly leaving us Im glad I got to witness all those great moments.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »

Cam Fella had guts, and ball.  Wink
burton

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »

Cam Fella was the greatest ridgling of all time.
Jerome B

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

Cam Fella was the greatest ridgling of all time.

Had the best teeth too
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »

Ehh, they were nuthin' to Crowe about.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »

Had the best teeth too
HuhHuh
Jerome B

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »

HuhHuh

Something I read somewhere.  trotter
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »

Not a bad sire considering his Lancearmstrongian condition.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »

Had the best teeth too
A number of people actually put some thought and analysis into their answers on this thread.  The drive-by farg-you responses from people who've complained (correctly, I think) about the crushing dumbitude of many threads on the board lately is... disappointing, to say the least.
Jerome B

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »

A number of people actually put some thought and analysis into their answers on this thread.  The drive-by farg-you responses from people who've complained (correctly, I think) about the crushing dumbitude of many threads on the board lately is... disappointing, to say the least.

Must be the rats fighting with each other
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2013, 03:27:55 PM »

Had the best teeth too
If you didnt keep your head up around him he would have no qualms about sinking them teeth into the middle of your back...he was a real rouge trotter
Jerome B

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2013, 03:29:30 PM »

If you didnt keep your head up around him he would have no qualms about sinking them teeth into the middle of your back...he was a real rouge trotter

Imagine Buddy Gilmour driving him. He would have won 50 in a row. Crowe was a big time anchor
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »

Most of us wouldn't know, since the place is way under the radar, and generally, good horses don't MAKE their first start at Grand River.   head shake

But if you think his first start compares to Warrawee Needy's, I have a nice span from Brooklyn to Manhattan to sell you.

duh it was the battle of waterloo elims  the final goes for 250,000  which way did they go george    warawee needy couldn;t hold sbsw's oat pail

may the horse be with you
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »

So how many other really top horses have made their first starts at Grand River?   Can you name, say, 20?

stone162

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »

So how many other really top horses have made their first starts at Grand River?   Can you name, say, 20?

My guess is 0
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »

Sammy has not been forthcoming with a response.  What a shock.  head shake
Oh Canada

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »

The only way a top horse would make a first start a Elmira would be for The Battle elims and Im sure those days are gone after March of 13....not gonna happen again......I remember a 2yold colt of Teagues going in 52 flat in his first start at Georgian in an OSS Elim....he was never the same again,he still races in Delaware in the cheap claimers...ruined him flat out head shake
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: