Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 04:31:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best All Time Harness Announcer !!!!!  (Read 5177 times)
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »

Larry.....Good Peeps..... thumbs up

thoughts and prayers....

Great job the other night at the Mecca !!!!  races 3 and 4 ,,,,,,    he was rapping about the snow...!!    great mind !!
Report to moderator   Logged

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
APPRENTICE

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

LETS CUT...LARRY SOME SLACK,,

HE HAS BROUGHT A SMILE  TO MY FACE  AND YOURS ,,EVEN WHEN U OR I  WAS LOSIN THE RACE...

HIZ ADLIBING....IS LARRY LEDERMAN...NO ONE ELSE...

JAMES WITHERITE,,AT CHESTER IS ALWAYS VERY GOOD,,,VERY VERY GOOD..
TheRedMile

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »

john bothe
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »

john bothe

Zooming byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  (Degenerate gambler.)

Lederman's schtick gets tiresome and I've only heard him as a guest.
I wouldn't have wanted to hear that day in day out.

I'm glad his health fight continues and I hope he wins this battle.

All pulling for Larry's health!

If you've never heard this before you'll love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qitkh6u3wCc

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

Jack Lee !!!!
 thumbs up

Jack E Lee was the greatest trophy trophy
I think Larry Lederman is great too trophy trophy
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »

Jack E Lee was the greatest trophy trophy
I think Larry Lederman is great too trophy trophy
thumbs up
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2013, 12:26:04 AM »

LARRY DOESNT REALIZE 1 THING,,,,,THE HORSES ARE THE STARS OF THE SHOW ,,,,NOT THE ANNOUNCER
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »

Simply a matter of taste.  I like beef, Leno, brunettes, rocky road, coke classic and classic rock.  You like seafood, Kimmel, blondes, strawberry, pepsi, and jazz.

Everyone's entitled to his opinion. 

Best and favorite can be different.  I only know what I like and don't like.

OLDIES:
Max Brewer is my clear cut choice.  Simply superb.  RIP
Carl Becker "pacers are coming from everywhere!"
Phil Georgeff made Washington Park come alive for me.
Gil Levine was funny as hell.  You could tell when he bet, sometimes.  "...so much to do...so little time..."
Tony Salvaro great voice but boring as hell.  Same call every race, just the names changed.  And he insisted on using his crystal ball way too much calling horses "set to go three wide" who were clearly struggling to stay with their cover.
Roger Huston.  I know he still calls, I just don't know why.

CURRENT
James W.  Awesome voice.  Clear, accurate, concise calls.  Paints a portrait with words.
Scott Ehrlich  Excellent race caller.  Sharp handicapper.  Loves to hear himself talk.
Sam McKee love listening to him.
Ken W. a little too "free form" for my taste.
Larry L.  I like the schtick.  I can see why some do not.
Salive no longer exists.  Pompano doesn't count.
MarcoBlo

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »

The meadowlands announcers are real good but it would be nice to get a fresh young voice for the grand re opening. James from Chester would be a perfect fit.
Bus Driver

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »

The meadowlands announcers are real good but it would be nice to get a fresh young voice for the grand re opening. James from Chester would be a perfect fit.

I dont normally get involved in these announcer things, but I was curious as to how  and why you feel that way. Warkentin and Sam are perfect for that facility. Witherite calls races at a track where it doesnt take a lot. I dont see him in their class. I dont feel his style would work there. Maybe bringing Bothe makes some sense. But James wouldnt fit in at all. When I think of James, I think Maywood. would work well The Swedish and French stuff would not go over well in Jersey. It doesnt go over very well now in Philly
MarcoBlo

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

I dont normally get involved in these announcer things, but I was curious as to how  and why you feel that way. Warkentin and Sam are perfect for that facility. Witherite calls races at a track where it doesnt take a lot. I dont see him in their class. I dont feel his style would work there. Maybe bringing Bothe makes some sense. But James wouldnt fit in at all. When I think of James, I think Maywood. would work well The Swedish and French stuff would not go over well in Jersey. It doesnt go over very well now in Philly

Are you kidding? He is a huge fan favorite and huge with the horsemen in Philly. Have you heard bothe at Indiana? He sounds like a 80 year old drunk calling 2 horses every 10 seconds. James is calls a clear, concise, and correct race with a modern twist. It's time for the sport to get out of the dark ages!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2013, 08:22:28 PM »

Are you kidding? He is a huge fan favorite and huge with the horsemen in Philly. Have you heard bothe at Indiana? He sounds like a 80 year old drunk calling 2 horses every 10 seconds. James is calls a clear, concise, and correct race with a modern twist. It's time for the sport to get out of the dark ages!

Well said!

I agree we need some new blood.
Bus Driver

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »

bothe is awesome
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

Well said!

I agree we need some new blood.
PULL A TOOTH YOU WANT BLOOD
Bus Driver

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:07 PM »

PULL A TOOTH YOU WANT BLOOD

Very well said sir
HHTremor

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »

Here is a video I found of the first horse I owned and trained. This was a $3,000 claiming race but Greg Young made it sound like The Meadowlands Pace !!

Greg Young Northfield Park June 1987

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:08:28 PM by HHTremor » Report to moderator   Logged
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »

Sam McKee, one of the truly good guys in harness racing is the man at the Meadowlands.  Nothing against Ken Warkenton but he gets things wrong a little too often.  Excellent voice though.

As for Bothe,apparently you don't know what happened between him & M1 but he actually sued M1 for giving him an easy place to gamble & M1 settled with him "for an undisclosed settlement".  Bringing him back, EVER, would be a slap in the face to Meadowlands Complex & to McKee & Warkenton.

Sam is one of my favorite people that I have ever met in the sport.  He is also one of the friendliest & most knowledgeable.  The honor of calling the 1st race at the new M1 should be his.

Ed Gorman (is he still alive?) would be the only other possibility - "Didit go..."

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »

Here is a video I found of the first horse I owned and trained. This was a $3,000 claiming race but Greg Young made it sound like The Meadowlands Pace !!

Greg Young Northfield Park June 1987

Wow!  I got chills.  I liked Greg too.  Especially his calls when Peter's Dragon was racing.
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »

After all the discussion, Jack is still the best there ever was !!!
 thumbs up thumbs up
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »

After all the discussion, Jack is still the best there ever was !!!
 thumbs up thumbs up

beer beer beer

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

Lenny Calderone has done an excellent job wherever he's been.  I remember him in Michigan years ago.
GeorgeB

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »

Tom Durkin
Ed Gorman
Jack Lee
John Bothe
Larry Lederman

(not necessarily in order)
APPRENTICE

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »

CHESTER GUY1

BIGM GUY2

FREEHOLD GUY3

EX MOHAWK,GUY,,NOW RETIRED4
GeorgeB

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

Sam McKee, one of the truly good guys in harness racing is the man at the Meadowlands.  Nothing against Ken Warkenton but he gets things wrong a little too often.  Excellent voice though.

As for Bothe,apparently you don't know what happened between him & M1 but he actually sued M1 for giving him an easy place to gamble & M1 settled with him "for an undisclosed settlement".  Bringing him back, EVER, would be a slap in the face to Meadowlands Complex & to McKee & Warkenton.

Sam is one of my favorite people that I have ever met in the sport.  He is also one of the friendliest & most knowledgeable.  The honor of calling the 1st race at the new M1 should be his.

Ed Gorman (is he still alive?) would be the only other possibility - "Didit go..."

I think Ed passed away many years ago, not sure when or why.
GeorgeB

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »

Here's what a real announcer sounds like. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yffKYTGHE8o

(btw, watch the powerful gait of the 2nd place finisher...and just imagine if the 1st place finisher didnt exist how celebrated this 2nd place finisher might have been, he would have won a lot more races)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: