Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 06:48:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Around and around we go  (Read 5777 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:36 PM »

GREAT..posted TODAY ? A week later.  

Lack of prompt information breeds circulation of mis-information.  

I'm not required to spend any money outside of MY little world....are you...do you pay your neighbours electric bill....?  That was feeble...at best.

Because someone TOLD you that a friend of a friend said that the pony died of other causes...that were never disclosed, and the pony was not in barn A (which is blatantly not true) this person, whom you do not know personally HAD to have been correct.  

That's great...if it fits into your scenario....

And WHO was it that was the friend of a friend again ?  I'd like to give them a ring, and get their first hand information...just to ease my po me little mind you see.

And WHO was it that you talked to at the clinic that confirmed the horse did NOT de of EHV-1! Because I would LOVE TO talk to them as well, FIRST hand, just to ease my "PO" lil brain....

And finally...you don't rank high enough to make my list of New Years Resolutions....happy new year !!!

Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »

This update has been up all day, as well as linked on the home page here:

That's certainly inconvenient.  head shake

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »

All I can say tomorrow starts a new year.  My wish is that on January 10th I can take my horses out of Stickney and either put them out at a farm or bring them to another track where they are allowed to train and run.  Something tells me my wish is not going to come true. Wishing all true horsemen and horsewomen a happy and HEALTHY new year.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »

I'm not required to spend any money outside of MY little world

You seem to think Hawthorne is, and State taxpayers are. Why not you? The problem is YOURS.

Because someone TOLD you that a friend of a friend said that the pony died of other causes

Two posters to this forum passed along such information, as well as the association vet.

And WHO was it that was the friend of a friend again ?  I'd like to give them a ring, and get their first hand information...just to ease my po me little mind you see.

Your theory blaming a horse that was supposedly sickly all summer and finally died comes from your friend who had the first five sick horses of this outbreak, so pardon me if I don't blindly accept it.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »

You blindly excepted Cory and his friend of a friend....
And you have a way of "adding" words that are convenient to you...

I never said the pony was sick ALL SUMMER....who said that, your friend, that you don't actually know ? 

WHO was the second poster again ?  That's not very CLEAR in your posts...we assume there is a mystery poster, as you claim, yet we NEVER quite get that posters name....(work on that for a little while , if you could...thx)
And WHO was it again that YOU spoke to at the clinic ?  I missed that again as well...

Of course, it could be called...selective "quoting", but you never seem to actually answer information questions....like where you get yours directly...or where your friends of friends that you've never met get theirs.

You wanna quote ? 

Give me something legit to quote.  I've used names.  Including my own.  You NEVER seem to have sources....curious, that...
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 12:26:49 AM »

All of this controversy might be paying off. Some major handicappers are starting to include Hawthorne on their sheets. I have it on good authority (my brother's neighbor's cousin's mailman's sister's college roommate) that Cliffy wil start selling Hawthorne picks this weekend. I think we are all going to win sum cash. Does anyone want to go partners?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 12:29:59 AM »

You seem to think Hawthorne is, and State taxpayers are. Why not you? The problem is YOURS.

Two posters to this forum passed along such information, as well as the association vet.

Your theory blaming a horse that was supposedly sickly all summer and finally died comes from your friend who had the first five sick horses of this outbreak, so pardon me if I don't blindly accept it.

Geez h happy freckling new year to u too !
G do u think u could take some time and read how absolutely heartless u may sound Huh?
This is exactly how any one who reads ol twisted sister he has egg all over his face and his plan back fires turns into a complete and total little pissy hemmeee!
There is know blind posters here your agenda  is as clear as prep h on your skid remark u blame the horsemen yet the inconstancy of Hawthornes vet clearly shows where the incompetence issue should and will be focused on!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:41 AM »

You blindly excepted Cory and his friend of a friend....

We had a long discussion of this at the time with several people chiming in, and your theory was roundly debunked. It's all here, still on the forum, but I'm not going to "jump" for you to go back and bring it all back again when you are clearly too lazy to look it up yourself. Your theory that the pony was the EHV source is not supported by anything but your imagination, and was debunked by several other posters and published sources.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 12:35:52 AM »

All of this controversy might be paying off. Some major handicappers are starting to include Hawthorne on their sheets. I have it on good authority (my brother's neighbor's cousin's mailman's sister's college roommate) that Cliffy wil start selling Hawthorne picks this weekend. I think we are all going to win sum cash. Does anyone want to go partners?

Good you recognize how weak and unsupported by any fact Equiforce's theory is, too ...

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »

While there will always be speculation and controversy on the start of this virus there are still several things are all too clear.

(1) Hawthorne will continue with business as usual regardless of any deadly virus becoming spread all over. I'm not blaming them its what they are there to do. And altho it is not their place to insure that only healthy horses be allowed to run, they could have been a bit more proactive in policing quarantine barns. If a deadly disease was being spread among the general public there in the grandstand would they still maintain their cavalier attitude?
   (2) To the horsemen who have treated this virus in such a lax manner I hope owners who have horses with them have been made aware that the assumption their horses are in capable hands may be far from the truth.
   (3) The participation on the ITHA left a lot to be desired apparently so let this lack of leadership guide your vote the next time there is an election.
   (4) Admittedly the state vets who handled this entire situation were way in over their heads and obviously could use some extensive courses in entomology. Hopefully their protocol will be totally revamped should this ever rear its ugly head again.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »

Only a few heroic "true" horsemen and their trusty vets stood tall and did what needed to be done.  thumbs up

But that was not enough.  thumbs down

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 11:51:53 PM »

When someone sits at a computer day after day, arguing with anyone and everyone that they can spark up, calls ME lazy, I guess I will have to consider the source. 
And I've scrolled back, yet am not able to find ALOT of "debunking" (I'm sure that's not an actual word, I'm just using it for effect)

You blindly followed a stranger....who said a friend, who didn't want to give their name had a similar opinion as you....that's all that is really required in "Terryworld".  There have been exactly a couple of posts from you that weren't derogatory, accusatory...and they were directed at a complete stranger, that just happened to share your opinion, who knows someone at Midwest....REALLY, how funny is that ? 
Is your new found friend, who you don't know, or will never meet, one of the horsemen who weren't following protocol ?  Did he even HAVE any horses at Hawthorne ?  YOU HAVE NO IDEA....it could have been my hot walker posting to you...yet...you blindly jumped on that "I love you for agreeing with me" bandwagon.   

I LOVE that you think you can upset me with your little comments, like, I'm Lazy...because I'm one of those women who knows their value and worth and I also know that I do more in an hour that you probably do in a day...so, keep those little rag tag comments coming.....
It shows just how insecure you are....

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »

yada yada

And I've scrolled back, yet am not able to find ALOT of "debunking" (I'm sure that's not an actual word, I'm just using it for effect)

Debunked.

A member of the Midwest thoroughbred organization told me that the pony horse died at a clinic in late summer from pneumonia complications

After further inquiry I was informed that the pony was at the Kendall road clinic when it died.  I was also asked not to name the person who told me so they could avoid the drama involved with this forum.   I try to be factual when posting any information I receive to avoid starting rumors and name calling.

This was reported in the long story in DRF about HAW EHV-1 in late November. I specifically asked Dr. Seabaugh about the dead-pony narrative that many had been referencing. He refuted it with the pneumonia diagnosis. Doubters will believe what they want to believe, but this EHV-1 "origin story" was punctured quite some time ago.

To update this post: I looked back at the on-line version of the story (http://www.drf.com/news/hawthorne-latest-herpesvirus-outbreak-has-horsemen-alert) and found that the reference to the dead pony had been edited out. Don't know if it made the print version, either. In any case, the subject did arise during an interview with Dr. Seabaugh, Hawthorne's association vet. And to repeat: He confirmed the death but said pneumonia was the cause.

The timeline is a bit too long for that pony to have brought in that EHV1.  He shipped in here in May & was sick right away.   None of the other horses became ill with the herpes virus until the first test results were positive.  Wasn't that October 16?  That should mean those horses that contracted the virus were exposed somehow to the virus probably sometime during the first week in October.  As we all know EHV1 is highly contagious & cannot survive long without a host.  It is highly unlikely if not possible that it would have survived without a host for 4-5 months.

more yada yada yada

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:50 PM »

Well, dr. S's word must be gold now as well.....swing and a miss...thanks for doing my legwork Terry, I sort of knew you would, if I refused....
And you brought nothing new to the table but that someone, allegedly a friend of Cory, allegedly from Midwest (jim's new boss) who didn't want to be named ? Said that the horse that died at "KENDALL ROAD" according to Cory's friend....didn't die at the track....but was he transported FROM the track, and just never made it back ?  Does that mean that the barn wasn't contaminated at that point....because he died somewhere else....

AND IF THE PONY WAS SICK IN MAY....WHY WOULD THEY WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER TO TAKE HIM TO THE CLINIC....

Can you say....debunked....the horse was sick in oct. and died in oct. whether at Hawthorne or Kendall Road...he could certainly have contaminated a barn...

NEXT.....
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »

The pony died at a large emergency clinic. The vets there diagnosed him with pneumonia. If there was any hint of EHV, they would have immediately gone into quarantine mode. To state otherwise is ludicrous.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

Well, dr. S's word must be gold now as well

Not simply his word, but his and that of two others.

1) The person from Midwest via Cory (who has zero blemishes on his info accuracy record here, unlike you),
2) Your fellow backsider Babyruffy who reports the horse as sickly since May, AND
3) The association vet Dr. S.

Not to mention, the staff at the clinic. Also not to mention, there were no reports of any other Midwest horses at Haw coming down with anything resembling herpes at Haw during the summer, or any of the horses they ran from Haw at AP spreading anything around AP.

And then on the other hand, we have you, a person who had zero actual knowledge of, or contact with, the horse, zero evidence whatsoever to refute the official cause of death, and a strong motivation to divert attention from your friend whose five horses first actually DID get sick with herpes, repeating the the story constantly as if the simple repetition would make it true.

head shake

thanks for doing my legwork Terry, I sort of knew you would, if I refused....

In other words, you were indeed too lazy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:20:31 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »

My "friends " horses only became infected because he moved into a barn that was already infected...unless they picked up the virus between Arlington and hAwthorne.

@jrstark...sooo... Now you are implying that you have privy information to the necropsy report....that never took place ?  The horse showed signs of respiratory distress....maybe you should look up respiratory distress/EHV-1...they MAY Not have thought to look towards EHV-1...but it's NOT impossible..

And TERRY...Babyruffy said that there was a pony sick in MAY...THIs other pony died in October....DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME...Cory's great friend didn't get this horse to the clinic for 6 months...GEEZ...that is ONE TOUGH PONY.

Oh, and I'm not lazy, I've just got better things to do than sit here quoting all day...as does everyone it seems...BUT YOU. 

But the lazy thing was entertaining for a moment...I wish I had the  time to be lazy..but I have a family, and a life.  So, I leave the mundane BS for those who live for it....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »

My "friends " horses only became infected because he moved into a barn that was already infected...unless they picked up the virus between Arlington and hAwthorne.

How is it that only your friend's horses got sick there in Barn A?

And TERRY...Babyruffy said that there was a pony sick in MAY...THIs other pony died in October

Same pony according to what Babyruffy wrote. And as for the date of the death, Cory's connection reported "late summer", not October.

....DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME...Cory's great friend didn't get this horse to the clinic for 6 months...GEEZ...that is ONE TOUGH PONY.

May to late summer is not six months. And do you take every horse that gets sick to the clinic? Or does your vet work on them in the barn and try to get them healthy there?

Oh, and I'm not lazy

Yes, you are. Too lazy to go back and re-read the posts that cut the legs out from under your several times discredited theory. Lazy, and pigheaded.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »

Too funny...WAY too funny...is someone acting like a 6 year old.......

I can GUARANTEE you this...if MIDWEST had a horse sick in May until "late summer" , it would have made it to the clinic LONG before "late summer".  To suggest otherwise would be...in the words of a recent poster....ludicrous.

And Babyruffy SAID it was the same pony.  Well, since it was only Midwest that was stabled at Hawthorne in May....did Babyruffy EVER tell you how they hapened upon this information ?

Are you seeing the pattern here....if someone completely agrees with you...their words are gold....forget the fact that they don't provide where they get the info, or say that wellllllll, the person that told me doesn't want their name known.....or the fact that you don't know even what their position is on the track....random individuals, stroke your need to shield any ugliness that is directed at your precious Hawthorne, without any proof of their words....and you jump on it like stink on stickney.....

Otherwise...everyone else are idiots.  Yeah....run with that, Terry...

Your insults aren't even very creative...I really think you can do better than lazy....try....Im up for a challenge...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »

Ohhh, and Jimmy D, isn't my friend.  I've talked to him, very frankly about this situation as he has me....but we aren't friends.  He is a fellow trainer.  He is an extremely good horseman, and I respect him immensely in that way, as I hope he does for me as well. 
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »

We could wish you showed some respect to the veterinarian profession. You are accusing any number of vets of either malpractice or outright malfeasance in covering up a fatal, communicative disease.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 11:14:22 PM »

Too funny...WAY too funny...is someone acting like a 6 year old.......

If that's your characterization of continuing to insist your theory about a horse you never saw is correct in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, then yes, you are.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:16:17 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »

We could wish you showed some respect to the veterinarian profession. You are accusing any number of vets of either malpractice or outright malfeasance in covering up a fatal, communicative disease.

I think we established long ago that the only vet who really knows anything is her own ... even if he has passed on various misinformation to her.

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »

Kind of like Terry does when he accuses horsemen of spreading the virus around the backside with absolutely zero proof?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »

Isn't this pony scenario about accusing other horsemen?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: