Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 04:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Around and around we go  (Read 5217 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

While the rainwater horse is not Dead, he is still the latest positive.  It's actually irrelevant if he is positive, neurological or deceased at this point.  ( not to say that we aren't all extremely happy that mr. Rainwaters horse looks to survive). It's just that this isn't about whether someone was given information that was exaggerated, which plenty of us have been given exaggerated info.  We had heard that his horse had died as well....

It's about the terrible circumstances that we, as horsemen are in....the owners, trainers...horsemen...

Chartwell would not or did not deliberately start a thread that wasn't true.  There were reports all over about the Rainwater horse being positive...which turned out to be 100% true....the only places it HASN'T been reported are, through our local horsemen's association and Hawthorne Race Course.

The Stidham positives reset the clock....why the change in PROTOCOL, AGAIN ?  NOW, they aren't even reporting them at all....

I think THAT'S the point...

WHY go after the victims here....REAL horsemen wouldn't be attacking concerned, caring owners and trainers...
Report to moderator   Logged
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »

fYI HV yes I am an owner and I have all or part of six thoroughbreds stuck in jail.  I have a rather large investment in both them and Illinois racing.  I trust my sources and time will tell who is right or wrong.  Others are in the same position as me.  Let me tell you this sucks.  Not what anyone bargained for.  We all want out.  What any decent horse person wants is this virus to end and no more horses put down.  The rest is just bullshit.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »

WHY go after the victims here....REAL horsemen wouldn't be attacking concerned, caring owners and trainers...

Hawthorne and the State are also victims. A horseman brought this virus onto the backside. A horseman or his help tracked it out of Barn A.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »

I'm really tired of the "REAL horsemen" crap.

Inaccurate information is just that; it is IRRESPONSIBLE to post it, and just because someone is a "REAL horseman" doesn't give them a free pass from making absolute certain that they are posting the truth -- especially with something as inflammatory as "another dead horse"!

Indeed, if I posted that I heard that the last few positives were due solely to "trainer incompetence", all of you real horsemen would be all over me like white on rice.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

Read the post above yours HV. Terry has been saying basically that for weeks now. he has no idea how the virus got out of barn A, yet he continues to blame horsemen or their help.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »

Tough sh** HV if the term "real horseman" offends you.  We have a huge investment in this industry, not a habit...
If you want to drink the kool-aid...go ahead, but what was done here at Hawthorne was WRONG.  ON MANY LEVELS.

If I cared who I offend, I would never have posted in the first place.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »

Terry has been saying basically that for weeks now. he has no idea how the virus got out of barn A, yet he continues to blame horsemen or their help.

And whether he's right or not -- it's pretty insulting to the horsemen, right?

Now you know how I feel about all of the blame being laid at Hawthorne's doorstep. It's bullshit. Hell, with the level of irresponsible rumor and gossip I've read here, I'm surprised some horseman hasn't yet alleged that Hawthorne created the virus.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »

Tough sh** HV if the term "real horseman" offends you.  We have a huge investment in this industry, not a habit...

Oh, you are SO full of shit, and you KNOW it: a good half of the trainers on every backside in this country have the "habit" themselves. (Or maybe you don't call your fellow trainers that are also busted-out gamblers "real horsemen"?)

Anyway, spare me, please: the light shining from your halo is blinding me from reading my DRF, that I bought with the last of my rent money. Of course, your hands have never touched a filthy disgusting mutuel ticket!  Roll Eyes

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

And whether he's right or not -- it's pretty insulting to the horsemen, right?

Now you know how I feel about all of the blame being laid at Hawthorne's doorstep. It's bullshit.

No one has any idea how the virus got from one horse to another, or from one barn to another, but that doesn't stop various posters here from blaming Hawthorne and the State at every turn. We do know, however, that Hawthorne owns zero horses, so the chances of them bringing in the virus, or spreading it around, are pretty slim.

Hawthorne doesn't own any horses, they own a racetrack. The horsemen own the horses, and the primary responsibility for the health and care lies with them.  

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

Hawthorne doesn't own any horses, they own a racetrack. The horsemen own the horses, and the primary responsibility for the health and care lies with them.  

Yes, but if you are a trainer and you have owners demanding answers and threatening to take horses away from you...doesn't blaming Hawthorne make much more sense?  dunno
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »

Yes, but if you are a trainer and you have owners demanding answers and threatening to take horses away from you...doesn't blaming Hawthorne make much more sense?  dunno

You don't have to be a trainer, it's just human nature to blame someone else for every trouble to come along. Look at all the screaming and finger pointing over weather-caused natural disasters.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 10:15:13 PM »

You don't have to be a trainer, it's just human nature to blame someone else for every trouble to come along. Look at all the screaming and finger pointing over weather-caused natural disasters.

So, is that what it takes to be a member of the Brotherhood of Real Horsemen?

Blame Hawthorne for everything, even though it's pretty damn obvious that some unknown Real Horseman brought an infected horse onto the Hawthorne backstretch and started this whole unfortunate disaster?

Really?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Sorry dude, I don't gamble
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »

Hawthorne, rented the backside out during the off season where a horse suspiciously died....was it intentional...most definitely NOT.  Did it happen.....yes.  As it affected the horsemen this meet...yes..
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

Hawthorne, rented the backside out during the off season where a horse suspiciously died

This theory has been debunked from numerous sources. Look for a new one.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

Sorry dude, I don't gamble

NEVER made a bet, eh?   beard

Good for you, but...trying to draw a line between the noble Real Horsemen and so-called degenerate gamblers isn't one of your better ideas. Plenty of horsemen bet, regularly and liberally, and you know it.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »

Fact: OUR owners aren't ditching....
Fact : I sure don't blame myself for making every effort to protect my horses from this contamination.  I'm only human...(excuse me, temporarily while I remove my Halo. Smiley....I did what I could....
Fact: I don't hold any particular entity responsible for an act of God, like a "weather caused disaster" , but I do hold a business, for their failure to take a deadly virus, that THEY probably unintentionally let in....RESPONSIBLE for NOT doing anything in their power to eradicate the deadly virus....which in MY HONEST OPINION as you all like to use that term, THEY DID NOT...
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »

Fact : I sure don't blame myself for making every effort to protect my horses from this contamination.

You took responsibility for your own little world, and that's commendable. But meanwhile, what you've been blaming others for all along is your expectation that they should have gone far above and beyond, by spending (or losing) all sorts of additional money, hiring additional people, influencing and/or controlling the actions of others even if they were opposed, and etc.

I'm only human...(excuse me, temporarily while I remove my Halo. Smiley....I did what I could....

She did what she could. It was enough.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

Oh, and because Cory said it wasn't the pony, I guess that's a fact...why don't you ask Jimmy D, as I have...what HIS opinion is...being moved into the same barn and shut down for 2 months..

You two are so out of gas...it's a joke to watch....you see and hear what you want to see and here.  

I only wish  that all of us HORSEMEN, gambling or not, could live in your little world where the Hawthorne world is johnny depp like and made of marshmallows...la la la...BUT IT'S NOT.  We have to live through this atrocity.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »

Yeah, we didn't lose any money....we spent and spent...and would again...in a second...so, don't go there...why should we be the only ones responsible for a virus we didn't bring in or fail to contain....
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »

I only wish  that all of us HORSEMEN, gambling or not, could live in your little world where the Hawthorne world is johnny depp like and made of marshmallows...la la la...BUT IT'S NOT.  We have to live through this atrocity.

And, having sized up:

a) the local horsemen, or

b) Hawthorne

...as the source of "All That Ails Us Po' Horsemen", you chose: Hawthorne.

We get that. And we are not surprised by it.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »

Oh, and because Cory said it wasn't the pony, I guess that's a fact

Cory had the info from a member of the ownership group, and the association vet said said so as well. I think there was someone else who chimed in with info contrary to your theory, too.

...why don't you ask Jimmy D, as I have...what HIS opinion is

As opposed to the facts from the vet clinic that examined the dead horse?

...being moved into the same barn and shut down for 2 months..

Didn't we also determine that the dead pony came from a barn other than A?

You two are so out of gas...it's a joke to watch....you see and hear what you want to see and here.

As opposed to you, who keep repeating the same misinformation, inaccuracies, and debunked stories and theories time and again.

By the way, I thought you weren't addressing me any more. Happy New Year with that resolution.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »

Yeah, we didn't lose any money....we spent and spent...and would again...in a second...so, don't go there...why should we be the only ones responsible for a virus we didn't bring in or fail to contain....

How much money did you spend outside your own little world?

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »

There were reports all over about the Rainwater horse being positive...which turned out to be 100% true....the only places it HASN'T been reported are, through our local horsemen's association and Hawthorne Race Course.

This update has been up all day, as well as linked on the home page here:
http://itharacing.com/weeklywhinnies/detail/detaillist/Mjgw

The rumors were probably confusing the two horses, the Rainwater and the Stidham ones. That's why posters ask for proof, not just what someone heard.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »

Both Chartwell and HB&T have vigorously set forth their views .  

Whose view most closely resembles your own view ?

My vote goes to:     Chartwell
Mine too !
HBT has failed on this issue .

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: