Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 06:13:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dale hiteman  (Read 2407 times)
darth vader

« on: November 15, 2005, 10:30:22 PM »

is it just me or is this  guy the worst driver out here he over reacts when a  horse breaks in front of him and he seems very  indecisive when he trys to go to the front he seems like he is lost out there
Report to moderator   Logged
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 11:24:33 PM »

How about the drive tonight where he pulls and drops in third behind a burnt $100 horse and gets pushed back through the field and comes on in the stretch to get third.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:10:59 PM »

yes....Hiteman's pathetic...thats for sure....by next month no one will put him down...he's got no clue out there......I guess next month he'll have to take his 7000 wins or so to Cleveland or maybe Raceway Park has some owners who would employ his services.....he's definitely not good enough anymore to drive alongside the Widgers, Ross Leonards, Gary Raths, Dean Magees, etc etc..
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:20:44 PM »

yes....Hiteman's pathetic...thats for sure....by next month no one will put him down...he's got no clue out there......I guess next month he'll have to take his 7000 wins or so to Cleveland or maybe Raceway Park has some owners who would employ his services.....he's definitely not good enough anymore to drive alongside the Widgers, Ross Leonards, Gary Raths, Dean Magees, etc etc..
Joe B, when you put it that way, he is plenty good enough.  I'm giving Dale another reprieve, because maybe his "style" was compromised by the former "roadblock system" who lost their leader.  I think many get frustrated with DH when he offers value at the window, warms his horse up like Albatross, then proceeds not to pull at the right time, stay locked in too long, and shuffles himself out of higher finishes.  I'd be thrilled to have the guy hand me the lines in the paddock; I know I can jog my "steed" back to the barn because he's not too tired.  I'd love nothing more than to see DH and BH start rolling over what's left of the driver colony.  TC
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 11:24:16 PM »

TC, are you saying you like hiteman now?
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 01:54:58 AM »

Rodney Allums Jr. had some horse tonight in the third, but the extreme track bias - and the horse's inability to make the turns - doomed him.

Let's see Allums Jr. improve and so some damage. The prices will be there if he does.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 08:58:26 AM »

TC,

For us troll based TomWendt wanna be do know nothings, please explain the "roadblock system"

Also speaking of Rod Jr., one has to appreciate the talents of Morgan and the difference in results when Morgan drove D Milan Raider last friday at Maywood?
Nothing against JR.
Keep plugging.
I'm talking from a handicppers perspective.

Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 04:16:28 PM »

Dale hiteman  calling 911
dispatcher : emergency responce what is your emergency
Hiteman: please help I can't get out
Dispatcher: sir what do you mean
Hiteman : I droped in for a ground saving trip and" I'm locked in at the rail and can't get out"!!
Dispatcher: Sir I need you to remain calm, Why can't you get out?
dean maggee and nick clegg are out driving me .Help is onthe way im sending an emergency responce unit to you now.
talking head

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 05:11:02 PM »

Ideal Towne:

I  bet you can't wait for Dale to take a vacation so you can start cashing
some big tickets, you ACE handicapper!
  YEAH  RIGHT
TC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 06:42:17 PM »

TC,

For us troll based TomWendt wanna be do know nothings, please explain the "roadblock system"

Also speaking of Rod Jr., one has to appreciate the talents of Morgan and the difference in results when Morgan drove D Milan Raider last friday at Maywood?
Nothing against JR.
Keep plugging.
I'm talking from a handicppers perspective.

The "roadblock" system is where bug driver "A" (M) pays drivers "B" and  "C" to float out at the 3/8"ths and clog up the second tier ( in return for $$$), or stop on the unrealistic front in the face of a threat to a "boat race".  See, it was happening here all too often.  Perhaps on your next visit to the track, have a refreshment in the racing office, and when you see someone like Doc, ask him if the theory holds water.  You "folks" seem to respect HIS opinion so much and I know the roadblock scenario is a topic of discussion in the Ivory Tower.  I see it, Dan sees it, Doc sees it and Farmer Phil sees it, so we're either all hitting the same Chinaman's pipe, or... TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 06:50:06 PM »

Hello TC,
I have never once said a positive or negative word about Narotsky.
I've heard these thoughts before and have had such episodes pointed out to me.
I've reviewed races and still see reasonable explanations for moves made.
Granted, I don't see every race.
It seems too impausible for me.
I do have a problem with Morgan having 2 and sometimes 3 trainers in a race.
But, I don't think it's as some people say it is. A little too WWF for me.
Too many other people doing this for a liveilihood that could gum up the works with a pull here or a tuck or leave there.
And not enough money to go around.
My question for people who belive this is, why do you still play the game with your hard earned cash?
On the other hand.....
I just get angry at the thought of a Mike Arnold actually down as trainer for QuickPulse Mindale.
BIG FAN

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 07:03:57 PM »

I think Dale still is great.I had him drive one for me last night and he did a good job.He listens to the trainer and he I am sure knows how to read a program.I agree with TC when he hands back the lines after the race you know the horses was not cut in half..Keep it up Buckeye...I have watched you and put you down on horses for almost 25 years!

PS Outside the track he is a nice person and a real family man!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 07:11:06 PM »

burton, please, what other LOGICAL conclusion can we draw from the fact that ONE guy, a powerful guy, would want to have three horses in any race running as separate entities ?  You claim to be a fan of the sport, didn't a Gordon Norris teach you anything.  You don't take $500 K out of the windows at Hazel any other way than putting 5 horses you secretly own or train in the same race.  Of course, that's how you wind up on 'Nightline', with Ted Koppel grilling your sport.  Oye vay dude, it's not asking you to take that big a leap of faith here, just a small one with a little common sense thrown in.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 10:40:31 AM »

Is it common sense to think that the horses just tried to win?
The locking in  hanging out, etc; sems like a reach.
Especially with the low purses, horse quality etc;
These aren't 200,000 trot races.

don't get me wrong!
I am against the hidden ownership trainers etc;
BIG FAN

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 03:12:41 PM »

Quietly Dale has had a great few days!Keep up the good work Buckeye!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:15:46 PM »

And  two wins at Maywood on Friday.
20 years ago Hiteman may have been the most aggressive driver at Maywood.
Al Culess

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 12:12:44 AM »

Do posters on BTW have a little influence on the outcome of races? A few days ago Mr. Hiteman was taken to the wood shed on here getting shuffled and riding the rail. Tonight he wins 3 races and a close 2nd. This is not the first time i've seen this happen. It seems every time a driver is taken to task on this forum he has a big night in the next few days.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 09:04:35 AM »

Coincidence I'm sure.
The guy has won over 5,000 races (not sure about exact number?)
good barns still put him on their horses.
The guy hasn't forgotten how to drive.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 09:10:21 AM »

burton, I know you're gonna have a "field day" with this one, but could Hiteman doing better be the result of a clear, devil-less, roadblock free pathway now ?  True, he's been much more aggressive of late, but now that the #1 driver has moved on, he's winning with mostly horses he always drives and yet is finishing better and whatever his move, it's paying off.  I told Howie that Hiteman is a "million dollar driver" in that the stock he drives and the value he lays you can build your bankroll fast.  The way things are now, with his UDR creeping up, you can be profitable playing Hiteman now.  Your thoughts...TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 09:21:05 AM »

Bottom line for me is that there are more opportunities for the drivers without Morgan.
Some people will step up.
Nothing to do with roadblocks.
You see it everytime a Campbell gets hurt, Oullette leaves, Ledford leaves etc.
Hiteman knows how to drive.
He's not pulling with every horse he drives because unlike some of these other drivers, he knows half of these cheapies will be nowhere at the finish.
Maybe not ideal for the handicapper at times, but consistent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: