Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 10:35:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth About Ira Smolin And His Winning Pk5 Ticket That Ira Is Silent About!  (Read 3732 times)
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2012, 02:24:40 AM »

Might be the case, but there's nothing you can do about it. Whining won't overturn it.

Very few times, actually. Particularly in Illinois.

"Most times"? B.S.

As a starter, tell us the backgrounds of the stews who were in the booth at Balmoral on Wednesday.

Ok, one at a time. Whining might be the only thing one can do about it, but IF enough people complain, then there IS something that can be done and that is to have the stewards removed by the IRB.

Actually a LOT more times than you might think. PARTICULARLY IN ILLINOIS. I am one of those. And the Racing Board hates it when someone appeals. Because they KNOW that if the person takes it far enough and can afford a decent lawyer, the IRB has an excellent chance of LOSING.

The people in the stewards stand are a joke. John Eddy is a bustout horseman whose father basically paid his way into the officials office allegedly. His father was veryclose to Phil Langley. He ALSO drove horses for R Bob Phillips. And also is rumored to own horses with a driver that drives for R bob Phillips so I am told. He used to get beat up by his girlfriend Annette Lawrence regularly while stabled at QCD.
One only has to look at Ben Wessels to see that he is a joke. His french poodle toupee is so funny looking, one cannot keep a straight face. He also was in the show horse business with less than stellar success, so I am told.

I have no idea who the other person was in the booth as I have had no dealings since Corley died. And everyone knew he was a drunk. But the decisions are from Eddy and Wessels.
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2012, 02:49:47 AM »

Actually a LOT more times than you might think. PARTICULARLY IN ILLINOIS. I am one of those. And the Racing Board hates it when someone appeals. Because they KNOW that if the person takes it far enough and can afford a decent lawyer, the IRB has an excellent chance of LOSING.

Losing an appeal over whether or not a horse should have been DQ'ed but wasn't? I don't believe that. Those get denied all the time.

The people in the stewards stand are a joke. John Eddy is a bustout horseman whose father basically paid his way into the officials office allegedly. His father was veryclose to Phil Langley. He ALSO drove horses for R Bob Phillips. And also is rumored to own horses with a driver that drives for R bob Phillips so I am told. He used to get beat up by his girlfriend Annette Lawrence regularly while stabled at QCD.

Former horseman. Former driver. You sure wouldn't want any of THAT in a steward, no sir. And lots of allegedlys and o/t scurrilous gossip. Good case against his qualifications there, counselor.

One only has to look at Ben Wessels to see that he is a joke. His french poodle toupee is so funny looking, one cannot keep a straight face.

Well, there we go - bad toupee = proof positive that he's an incompetent steward.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »

Losing an appeal over whether or not a horse should have been DQ'ed but wasn't? I don't believe that. Those get denied all the time.

Former horseman. Former driver. You sure wouldn't want any of THAT in a steward, no sir. And lots of allegedlys and o/t scurrilous gossip. Good case against his qualifications there, counselor.

Well, there we go - bad toupee = proof positive that he's an incompetent steward.

IF one doesn't LOOK like a professional, he isn't taken as a professional. And I was NOT talking about an appeal over a DQ. But there have been stewards that were "let go" because of too many complaints about bad decisions over inquiries. And where there's smoke-MOST times there's fire.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »

IF one doesn't LOOK like a professional, he isn't taken as a professional.

Particularly for stewards, who are seen SO OFTEN by the people (bettors) impacted by their decisions.

And I was NOT talking about an appeal over a DQ.

The issue was the non-DQ of the winner of the 3rd, and whether or not that was wrong. That's when you brought up appeals and getting decisons overturned.

But there have been stewards that were "let go" because of too many complaints about bad decisions over inquiries. And where there's smoke-MOST times there's fire.

So have any of the current stews been "let go"?

Gotta run sn, way past my bedtime, it's been a slice. I see swoo in the house so there should be plenty of entertainment for tomorrow!

supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2012, 03:10:11 AM »

The stewards are seen EVERY racing night in the clubhouse at Balmoral getting their free dinner.

I was talking about the GENERAL decisions of the stewards, NOT a particular dq.

knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2012, 03:38:15 AM »

Before Wednesday night you had a 95% chance of talking to Ben Wessels if you call the stewards room.

They would almost always answer the phone and defend their decisions.

They use to reply back to my emails.

But after I embarrassed Ben by posting one and displayed his knack for making up words he stopped replying.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2012, 03:41:16 AM »

HEY IRA!

Your son was FINED $2,500.00 for LYING UNDER OATH!

Now you want the IRB to believe you handicapped your picks and had no inside information?
 laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Just CASH THE DAMN TICKET AND STOP WHINING!
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:56 AM »

Swooey did. Go back and read the very first post in this thread. It's his theories I'm ridiculing.

6 pages and over 1500 views in 2 days for just one of my threads after my return and this is the thanks I get? rat

If me and Luc left tomorrow this place would have tumbleweeds and dust bunnies! nyah
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:56 AM »

6 pages and over 1500 views in 2 days for just one of my threads after my return and this is the thanks I get? rat

If me and Luc left tomorrow this place would have tumbleweeds and dust bunnies! nyah
laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy Glad to see that you hold yourself in such high esteem ... You maybe the only one that does.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
IRA

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2012, 08:40:03 AM »

sweooey thanks for your help!! beer
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »

He called the horse's name exactly twice before they hit the stretch. In both cases he was running through the entire running order at those points, just like is done by every announcer at every track. To NOT have mentioned the horse at that point would have been strange. Then he missed the horse making the big wide move from the back and only caught it when the horse had almost drawn even with the leaders. That's the way I saw it.

When Miller pulled off the rail, there were suddenly three horses locked in. Why make the point that the 32-1 shot was locked in without saying it about the others? You guys are making too much of what I'm saying, which is simply that, for whatever reason, Dom was watching that horse more than a caller would normally watch what appeared to be a rank outsider. That's all. I don't think it has anything to do with Ira or the Pick-5. My guess would be that there was talk on the backstretch and/or grandstand that Wingard's horse was live. That isn't hard to believe at a track where the same 100 guys are there every night and rumors and innuendo spreads quickly.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »

doh

What are you talking about, it's high praise. Why do you think people were clamoring for your return? That's right, to ridicule your whack theories!

If me and Luc left tomorrow this place would have tumbleweeds and dust bunnies!

If Luc left and dust bunnies replaced him, the forum IQ would increase 10000000000000%. Fact.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:37:35 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »

When Miller pulled off the rail, there were suddenly three horses locked in. Why make the point that the 32-1 shot was locked in without saying it about the others?

He's just mentioning where the horse is in relation to the rest of the pack.

You guys are making too much of what I'm saying, which is simply that, for whatever reason, Dom was watching that horse more than a caller would normally watch what appeared to be a rank outsider. That's all.

Well, I disagree. IMHO he was merely mentioning the horse and his current position as part of the standard 2nd run through of the race.

My guess would be that there was talk on the backstretch and/or grandstand that Wingard's horse was live. That isn't hard to believe at a track where the same 100 guys are there every night and rumors and innuendo spreads quickly.

I'd agree that's probably the case, but so far no one has said so.

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »

doh

What are you talking about, it's high praise. Why do you think people were clamoring for your return? That's right, to ridicule your whack theories!

If Luc left and dust bunnies replaced him, the forum IQ would increase 10000000000000%. Fact.
Suffice it to say HBT, oftentimes the way one posts or even speaks does not in any way manner or form correlate to their respective IQs.  You and others only, guess, speculate and conjecture as such based upon what you read. 
You would be surprised at the how wrong you are on that one laddie.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »

Suffice it to say HBT, oftentimes the way one posts or even speaks does not in any way manner or form correlate to their respective IQs.  You and others only, guess, speculate and conjecture as such based upon what you read. 
You would be surprised at the how wrong you are on that one laddie.

I said "the forum IQ".

APPRENTICE

« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »

doh

WHATS A DUST BUNNY,,???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:54:39 AM by LUCPARK » Report to moderator   Logged
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2012, 09:50:25 AM »

I said "the forum IQ".
 bang head bang head  Never mind my previous post.  laughing guy laughing guy
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »

Does anyone remember that there was a gimmick that paid real bad with another almost impossible to bet horse that I believe these people were called in for? Anybody remember the horses name?Huh???The horse disappeared after that race only to never duplicate that winning race again. They just happened to handicap that horse to and it all got swept under the rug.  thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: