Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 05:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big early bird bets left holding the bag on St. Elmo Hero!  (Read 1492 times)
diamond

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »

Several people made early bird bets on St. Elmo Hero! Even with his late scratch his crappy entry mate went off as the 9-5* favorite because there was no way to cancel their tickets. That is one big disadvantage on betting on an entry. Forget about the 2 for 1 advantage LOL! Tough break! bang head
Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »

That was appalling... Bell Valley Bill was at best a 20-1 shot against that bunch. Shoulda run him for purse-only and refunded the dough.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »

ARE YOU NEW,,,

THIS IS BALMORAL  WE TALKIN ABOUT ,,YIMMSTER.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:14:36 PM by LUCPARK » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »

Sorry, I'm a t-bred guy.  Cheesy
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

I CANVELLED MY BETS AT OTB,,,,,,THEN BET ALS TO WIN BUT NO TIME FOR EXOTICS,,,,,,,,BALMORAL NEVER DOES THE RIGHT THING
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »

it was low class indeed by balmoral,, no way bill would be under 25-1 without  elmo... should have cancelled all bets on the one like someone posted but obviously bmp could care less... i had some exacta boxes with carpenters horse(by the way shold be very tight next week)  with the one i sat in disbelief that i had a 9-5 horse in the exacta  that had absolutely no chance at alll bang head.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »

is there a precedent for this notion to make the other half of the entry a no-bet after a scratch?

i cant see how that is the "right thing to do"
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »

is there a precedent for this notion to make the other half of the entry a no-bet after a scratch?

i cant see how that is the "right thing to do"

Someone has got to have the authority to step in.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

Someone has got to have the authority to step in.

but why? why is that the right thing to do? doesnt make any sense to me.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »

but why? why is that the right thing to do? doesnt make any sense to me.

Just get rid of the entries. Don't allow the same barn or owner 2 horses in the same race.
Stakes are different if they earn a spot in the finals.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »

In an age where people bet through all different ways, this has to rate up there with

THE MOST CROOKED HARNESS EVENTS OF 2012

I often bet my pic 4's early & when at the track bet & then leave.....I was totally duped & pretty upset....

I hope others will join me in a Boycott of Balmoral Park for tonight.......These people make a complete mockery of the sport & someone should be held accountable.

Where is Swooey when you need him
Mr_Ed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »

In the best interest of the betting public, Barnard should have scratched both.

The whole scenario is low-rent at best.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

In an age where people bet through all different ways, this has to rate up there with

THE MOST CROOKED HARNESS EVENTS OF 2012

I often bet my pic 4's early & when at the track bet & then leave.....I was totally duped & pretty upset....

I hope others will join me in a Boycott of Balmoral Park for tonight.......These people make a complete mockery of the sport & someone should be held accountable.

Where is Swooey when you need him

let me ask you a question. When you made these wagers, were you under the assumption that if Elmo were to be scratched, but the other half of the entry raced, that you would be refunded all wagers?
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »

let me ask you a question. When you made these wagers, were you under the assumption that if Elmo were to be scratched, but the other half of the entry raced, that you would be refunded all wagers?

To answer the question no  but there is a big BUT

this scratch had to take place minutes prior to the race...I had made my bets at OTB only 1 race prior to the pic 4 so it had to happen just minutes before the race & sure I was not the only one in shock to see no SEH...

I have seen hoses in NY run for purse only which should have happened in this case but Chi Town crooked judges needed some x tra x mas cash obviously.

Same thing with late driver changes- its a slippery slope

This absolutely WREAKS cheese cheese cheese cheese thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
Mr_Ed

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

Why ***-trap the wager?

You wanna create a handicapping perspective that the best part of the entry could be scratched?

When I'm playing Pinochle, and my partner loses connection, or has to leave, I want a sub of close to equal value..............or I stop playing until the game is cancelled.
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 01:16:54 PM »

...then there's all the folks watching the banks of tv's at the otb's w/o the sound on....

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »

To my knowledge, in harness racing, there is no precedent to what you guys wanted to have happen - have the other entry mate run for purse money only.

im not sure what the sour grapes is here...you knew the rules, knew the possibilies but you bet anyway.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »

To my knowledge, in harness racing, there is no precedent to what you guys wanted to have happen - have the other entry mate run for purse money only.

im not sure what the sour grapes is here...you knew the rules, knew the possibilies but you bet anyway.

I have seen it in NY - granted t breds but that is still a precedent to me.....
The other part of the entry could have been scratched as that is done quite a bit in the t breds when the better half is out.

To me it is the timing...when did this scratch occur...5 minutes before post time.... thats criminal no matter how you may feel.

TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »

I have seen it in NY - granted t breds but that is still a precedent to me.....
The other part of the entry could have been scratched as that is done quite a bit in the t breds when the better half is out.

To me it is the timing...when did this scratch occur...5 minutes before post time.... thats criminal no matter how you may feel.

cant speak to tbreds. unfortunately, late scratches are a part of the game. even 5mtp. when they are part of an entry, you know the risks going in...
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »

cant speak to tbreds. unfortunately, late scratches are a part of the game. even 5mtp. when they are part of an entry, you know the risks going in...

I guess we can agree to disagree

same with late driver changes- total crap
If the change isnt made prior to race 1, the horse should be scratched....unless very unusual circumstance like an accident that injures drivers.

To me..getting the shuffle, breaking stride...those are the inherent risks of betting
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »

If this isnt really suspicous I dont know what is what a way it to set up a major score.

Put an entry in one of the pick 3 races

One horse that looks like a 3-5 shot and one that looks like a not shot 35-1 shot

Scratch the 3-5 shot late knowning the public was using the favorite the whole time and use some other horse that you know is 2nd best and could win easily because the chalk was going to be scratched. Chaaaaaaa- Ching!!!!!!!!

Plus its easy when you know the fact that Illinois is totaly clueless and dont care anyway.
Mr_Ed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

Well, I guess the thinking is..............If Elmo was lame or sick, peeps would have lost anyway.
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

WATS FUNNY ABOUT DA HOLE TING,,,THEY FART AROUN FOR EVER WEN WAITEN FOR THE P4 AN P5 BETS,,,DELAY DA RACES FOR

15-20 MINS,,,,THEN THEY SCRATCH THIS HORSE AND GIVE YOU 2 MINUTS TO CHANGE,,,WHICH I DID BETTEN ONLINE,,,
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »

ARE YOU NEW,,,

THIS IS BALMORAL  WE TALKIN ABOUT ,,YIMMSTER.
like the screwy stuff that happens at northfield --- management would first half to care.

The entry was 3-5 and thru a combination of some money probably being cancelled and money going in late on other live horses --- he snuck up to 9-5.

I made a good bet / bad bet

played $10 across on the winner --- but instead of playing an exacta, i played a small tri and missed a fairly easy gimmick...
IRA

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »

this whole thing sucked   dude  but many times t-breds are scratched at the gate !! in this case , the proper thing was to flash across the screen over and over that the horse is scrtched but the entry goes !!  the horse was 2/5!!   i might even have sent them back to the paddock.  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC!!!  HELLO!!! head shake head shake head shake head shake
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: