Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 06:07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ADW Illegal in Illinois January 1st  (Read 6049 times)
Mary Ann

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »

The latest from Bloodhorse:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/75104/adw-illegal-in-illinois-effective-jan-1
Report to moderator   Logged
Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »

This state never ceases to amaze me.....
farquarks

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

Nothing too surprising here. Our Governor and legislature seem determined to eliminate what's left of the horse racing/breeding industry in Illinois. Their actions and inactions speak very clearly to their indifference for the future of facing/breeding in this state. Sad.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »

Had all the horsemen and tracks agreed on how a renewal of the legislation was going to read and who was going to get what, or were they still fighting about it and maybe that helped hold things up? Just a couple months ago there were still some issues.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »

I believe this was a straight extension of the existing law, no changes.
Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 08:52:11 AM »

It was a straight renewal and there was no issue with the actual applications either according to the audio feed of the IRB meeting yesterday.

As usual the idiots in Springfield have other things on their minds.....
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

well thas kinda stinks.

looks like i wont be betting, i really have no interest in driving to the OTb anymore.
oh well...time for a new sport to follow..
or maybe i'll just move to colorado and get high and climb the mountains all weekend long

Certified Derbytologist
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »

It was a straight renewal and there was no issue with the actual applications either according to the audio feed of the IRB meeting yesterday.

Thx.

As usual the idiots in Springfield have other things on their minds.....

They're still arguing over pension reform, aren't they?

Battled, Tired

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

The IRB meeting was an interesting listen with topics including what happened to the Elk Grove Village OTB, the ADW issue and a lengthy report on the virus from the State Vet and Jim Miller.  You can get to it from the IRB website if this link below doesn't work.  FYI -- the virus discussion is about half way through the file.

http://multimedia.illinois.gov/irb/IRB-2012-Dec.mp3
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »

Without ADW you can forget about seeing Hawthorne racing on TVG.  Hopefully this gets resolved before they re-open.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »

The IRB meeting was an interesting listen with topics including what happened to the Elk Grove Village OTB, the ADW issue and a lengthy report on the virus from the State Vet and Jim Miller.  You can get to it from the IRB website if this link below doesn't work.  FYI -- the virus discussion is about half way through the file.

http://multimedia.illinois.gov/irb/IRB-2012-Dec.mp3
Love the part where Duke Johnston stammers and BSs his way through the reasons the Elk Grove spot should be able to stay open.It would be funny if he wasn't in charge of a business.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 10:43:17 PM »

Love the part where Duke Johnston stammers and BSs his way through the reasons the Elk Grove spot should be able to stay open.It would be funny if he wasn't in charge of a business.

I stopped in that place once and will never be there again. By far the worst OTB I have ever been. Not a single positive thing about the place.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »

Listened to whole thing.   It does not do much to instill confidence. Seems like " Seat of the Pants Flying " on every level , top to bottom.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:58 PM »

Listened to whole thing.   It does not do much to instill confidence. Seems like " Seat of the Pants Flying " on every level , top to bottom.
That is a spot on analysis.No one is willing to admit their selfishness and incompetence.There was laughter at things that were not funny and a lot of pontificating on things not important it seemed to me.It was just a theatre of the absurd and a huge waste of time.
Trainer Rusty

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »

hawthorne should have been on top of this.  people aren't running out to otbs now on a holiday.   they're used to playing from the computer.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »

hawthorne should have been on top of this.  people aren't running out to otbs now on a holiday.   they're used to playing from the computer.

There's no such thing as host track with ADW. It's an issue for every track.

Chris Szulc

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

I stopped in that place once and will never be there again. By far the worst OTB I have ever been. Not a single positive thing about the place.

Ever been to Quad City Downs? Man, is that place sad!!!
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

There's no such thing as host track with ADW. It's an issue for every track.

Not entirely true. I believe Fairmount is/was the host track for TVG in Illinois and received a percentage of all Illinois wagers through TVG. Not sure exactly how it works but there was an issue in 2009 when Fairmount was trying to secure dates and ADW receipts.
Livingthedream

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »

Scav, I agree with you. The one bright spot is if you are hungry the pizza is really good. But the service is in line with the employees and their attitudes of the place. TERRIBLE.

Szulc......... It's been a while
Chris Szulc

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »

Szulc......... It's been a while

Yes, it has. Coming back to Chicago tonight. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

Not entirely true. I believe Fairmount is/was the host track for TVG in Illinois and received a percentage of all Illinois wagers through TVG. Not sure exactly how it works but there was an issue in 2009 when Fairmount was trying to secure dates and ADW receipts.
You're right, Pal B. 

Originally, Fairmount was tied to TVG, Arlington with Twin Spires, and Hawthorne and Maywood/Balmoral with Youbet.

Currently, Fairmount is still TVG, Arlington is still TS, Hawthorne is Expressbet, and Maywood and Balmoral is Betzotic.

The Illinois track that was being bet gets the standard 3% or whatever simulcast fee.  The ADW platform associated with each track pays a fee to it's respective track and horsemen if the bet was made on their platform.

For example, if someone bets Hawthorne on TVG, Hawthorne and it's horsemen split the 3%.  Fairmount and it's horsemen also get a taste, which depending on their contract can be much more than Hawthorne gets.

As has been noted, horsemen, tracks and the IRB were in agreement on the extension.  Apparently the legislators just forgot to call it for a vote.

Only in Illinois....

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »

As has been noted, horsemen, tracks and the IRB were in agreement on the extension.  Apparently the legislators just forgot to call it for a vote.

I'm sure the track's lobbyists brought the usual Envelope Stuffed With Cash to cover the matter, but the IRB is filled with a bunch of noobs who likely didn't know what to do with the illegal boodle.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »

You're right, Pal B.  

By "no host track" for ADW I meant not by any specific time of the year like regular simulcasts, which would seem to be implicit in Trainer Rusty's original assertion that "hawthorne should have been on top of this". It's the track running while this is happening. Every track should have been on top of it, because they will all be affected.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

I'm sure the track's lobbyists brought the usual Envelope Stuffed With Cash to cover the matter, but the IRB is filled with a bunch of noobs who likely didn't know what to do with the illegal boodle.

The IRB doesn't have anything to do with the legislature renewing the law. The IRB did its job. Madigan and his boys were busy with something else.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »

The IRB doesn't have anything to do with the legislature renewing the law. The IRB did its job. Madigan and his boys were busy with something else.

Aha, I stand corrected.

Sounds like somebody missed making a payment, then.   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: