Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 09:32:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Requires It's Own Thread! Dave McCaffery..I APOLOGIZE!  (Read 557 times)
knowitall

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

To Dave McCaffery,

I apologize for not seeing your interview and paraphrasing what you said based on the memories of the old men and regulars I sit with everynight.

They couldn't wait to tell me about your interview and tell me you defended the drivers saying they would never cheat the public.

I said at the beginning of the thread that I missed the interview and that I was trusting the guys who watched it.

Was I set up? No.  These guys are usually pretty sharp but they blew this one big time and I should have waited to see the video myself.

So I again apologize for that part of my thread.

But I have to say that the rest of my comments were still dead on. These interviews have not lived up to the hype.

You also stuck your neck out and these drivers are not helping you look good either.

Josh Sutton was suspended for cutting the legs of horses that he drove for Darcy Pletcher when those horses were being claimed off Darcy.

So if the intent is to give potheads like Sutton a venue to strike back at the people who want to hold him accountable then these interviews are never going to be anything more than what I said they were going to be in my first thread.

SPIN
Report to moderator   Logged

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »

None of your fans are giving you a  thumbs up for apologizing.    sarcasm
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »

But I have to say that the rest of my comments were still dead on. These interviews have not lived up to the hype.

You also stuck your neck out and these drivers are not helping you look good either.

thumbs up Steve, the first half of your post was great!

The second half, not so much.

How many interviews have you seen?

The drivers are their own men, with their own thoughts, and that's what fans deserve to hear.

This is not an initiative to make Dave look good.  Dave does an outstanding job and needs no help from anyone to look good.

It's simply something we think gamblers are entitled to.  How can you possibly find fault with that?

Sorry, NJC, there I go again Grin

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »

Kudos to Swoodall for his apology!   He adds a lot to the harness discussion.   Pick and choose what's credible, but at least he admits if or when he's wrong.   thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:00 AM »

That was an apology ?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 01:49:52 AM »

thumbs up Steve, the first half of your post was great!

The second half, not so much.

How many interviews have you seen?

The drivers are their own men, with their own thoughts, and that's what fans deserve to hear.

This is not an initiative to make Dave look good.  Dave does an outstanding job and needs no help from anyone to look good.

It's simply something we think gamblers are entitled to.  How can you possibly find fault with that?

Sorry, NJC, there I go again Grin

If I had seen the interview first before posting then I would deserve a pounding for being severely biased and not paying attention.

But I admit I still deserve a fair amount of grief for getting the information second hand. doh

Kellytuc was right. In this case I had an opportunity to wait for the video to be posted and then judge for myself.

This is not an excuse but the main reason I trusted what they told me is they have a decent track record and are not anti-Illinois racing.

It was bound to happen one day. Usually the info is 3rd hand from the backstretch but always ends being true.

I ask one of them tonight "How could you watch the interview and screw it up that bad?"

His answer was simple "I don't know. It sounded like McCaffery was making up excuses for the drivers."

Bernie

The reason I had to add the second half was simple too.

You guys know the history of the drivers you are dealing with. There are only a few you can trust to give you an interview muchless an honest answer.

If Tetrick and several other drivers who headed east were still here, I could understand your high expectations with these interviews.

But that is clearly not the case and you knew the arrests records, drug histories, rehab stints and suspensions of today's driving colony.

So what am I suppose to do? Wait til you fall flat on your face with this before I said you were doomed to fail from the start?

Your own comments were so ridiculous that you served me and every other old timer your own head on a silver platter.

No matter what happens from this day forward these interviews will never become anything more than damage control.

Smolin will never fess up to playing traffic cop or racing against horses he owns.

Oosting will never say "Unity Road raced bad because everytime I milkshake him I get caught so tonight it was hay and oats."

Warren will never say "I broke on the 3/5 favorite because it's what I do all the time, don't you pay attention?"

Affrunti will never say "I pre-raced Duncan Price's horse that's why I stood in the winners circle so you would know I got away with it."

These are the faces of Illinois racing. So why should I or anybody else expect them to change their old habits for you?

They obviously have no fear of the stewards or the IRB. Josh Sutton even disrespected you. Par for the course with him.

Like I said, You and McCaffery used very strong language to hype these interviews. So you invited trouble.

Stick to Marcus' circle of friends and you will get the most cooperation in your interviews.

Cross over to the dark side and Watch Out! The moment you attempt to derail their spin the interview will be over and they won't return.    

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: