Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 12:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITHA election  (Read 1939 times)
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »

well if you read the front page of barn to wire you see who won the presidential race. Not really surprising considering granitz hasnt been the most liked person on the backside over the years but i still voted for him cuz obviously things need to change around here but props to him for running &trying. guess its 3 more years of the same o same o
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »

well if you read the front page of barn to wire you see who won the presidential race. Not really surprising considering granitz hasnt been the most liked person on the backside over the years but i still voted for him cuz obviously things need to change around here but props to him for running &trying. guess its 3 more years of the same o same o

Seems like a pretty lop-sided result in favor of the incumbents. Must not be nearly as many horsemen unhappy with the ITHA leadership as it might seem from some of the noise in the little corner of the universe represented by this forum.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

yes they were all thrilled at the start of arlington this past meet and thrilled at hawthorne how theyve stepped up sarcasm. as i said and as i heard granitz isnt the most liked guy on the backside, its a shame someone else didnt run against campbell. You would think for someone making almost what a 100k a year holding that position that he would produce better results

Seems like a pretty lop-sided result in favor of the incumbents. Must not be nearly as many horsemen unhappy with the ITHA leadership as it might seem from some of the noise in the little corner of the universe represented by this forum.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »

for the fairmount people: LANNY BROOKS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »

I think the vote total has more to do with the by-law changes that make it almost impossible for any challenger to beat an incumbent.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

I think the vote total has more to do with the by-law changes that make it almost impossible for any challenger to beat an incumbent.

Details, please.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »

Thank you Beobob...I wonder if the know it all is aware of the by-law changes....I voted for Anthony, so did my owners.  Dales ballot, "got lost " in the mail.  Asked for a replacement...it will probably get here next week. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

Thank you Beobob...I wonder if the know it all is aware of the by-law changes

I know I'm not aware, as I'm not in the ITHA anymore, which is if course why I asked Bob. And I can feel comfortable asking in public because I don't pretend to know everything, or think I know everything, or claim to be always correct. That "know all" describes someone else quite a bit better, actually.

....I voted for Anthony, so did my owners.

And your side lost. Go figure.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »

My "side" didn't lose...just so you know...ALL OF THE HORSEMAN LOST....

And that's a FACT.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 12:50:17 AM »

Illinois never can get an election right. Denise...you need to be the President.  Wink
zimms1948

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:11 AM »

yes they were all thrilled at the start of arlington this past meet and thrilled at hawthorne how theyve stepped up sarcasm. as i said and as i heard granitz isnt the most liked guy on the backside, its a shame someone else didnt run against campbell. You would think for someone making almost what a 100k a year holding that position that he would produce better results

Check your facts. No 100,000. Gives up most of his time to try to keep the racetracks doing what they should be doing willingly so we can all survive.
zimms1948

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »

Thank you Baobab...I wonder if the know it all is aware of the by-law changes....I voted for Anthony, so did my owners.  Dales ballot, "got lost " in the mail.  Asked for a replacement...it will probably get here next week. 

How is the race Track Chaplaincy doing under Tony G? Has all but disappeared from public awareness.
Tony gets the volunteers in to help and then they become owners. He also leaves for FL. for 5 months and everything grinds to a halt.
The chaplain he hired took Sundays off, wouldn't stay for the races and I only saw him walk the backside once in the years he was there.
Budget should be reviewed to see if one of the biggest racing cities in the US could have a better chaplaincy presence.
Let's put words into actions. any individuals with comments on how things are running at the track should step up and help.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »

My "side" didn't lose...just so you know...ALL OF THE HORSEMAN LOST....

And that's a FACT.

Roll Eyes

I'm beginning to see a pattern here, though ... the racetrack is stupid, the vets are stupid, the State is stupid, the other horsemen are ALL stupid and not real horsemen well maybe not my buddies, and now those other voters are stupid, too.

ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »

G3, just curious, where did you get $100,000?
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

i said making ALMOST 100k a year, i heard the number is in the 80's to be more exact. Maybe someone can disclose the exact number of what the salary is?
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »

LOL i was with ya all the way till ya got to the horsemen even tho you were being sarcastic anyways. I think some of the horsemen have been stupid, others have been arrogant/dont give a fu*k.

Roll Eyes

I'm beginning to see a pattern here, though ... the racetrack is stupid, the vets are stupid, the State is stupid, the other horsemen are ALL stupid and not real horsemen well maybe not my buddies, and now those other voters are stupid, too.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

Mary B, where was the ITHA from the start since the herpes brokeout at hawthorne? they came out late, halfhearted, and basically piss-poor attempts to cover their a$$ IMO

Check your facts. No 100,000. Gives up most of his time to try to keep the racetracks doing what they should be doing willingly so we can all survive.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »

LOL i was with ya all the way till ya got to the horsemen even tho you were being sarcastic anyways. I think some of the horsemen have been stupid, others have been arrogant/dont give a fu*k.

Those latter are the ones covered under the "not real horsemen" clause.

Chris Szulc

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »

I'm not sure but I think the actual number that Campbell is given as salary is not disclosed to the general public or the general ITHA membership (I could be wrong, I am just a passive member). The by-laws I have accessible only say the salary is determined by the Board of Directors and no specific amount is given. I have heard it is quite high too, compared to the work he actually gets done (read: very little).
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »

I'm not sure but I think the actual number that Campbell is given as salary is not disclosed to the general public or the general ITHA membership (I could be wrong, I am just a passive member). The by-laws I have accessible only say the salary is determined by the Board of Directors and no specific amount is given. I have heard it is quite high too, compared to the work he actually gets done (read: very little).

What's recently changed in those by-laws that would make it impossible to defeat an incumbent?

Chris Szulc

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »

What's recently changed in those by-laws that would make it impossible to defeat an incumbent?

That's what beobob said, and I am as interested as you are in hearing his response. I have not look deeply into changes lately.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »

That's what beobob said, and I am as interested as you are in hearing his response. I have not look deeply into changes lately.

Right, I understand, I thought you might know since beobob hadn't replied.

The bylaws are online at the site but you need a login.

Chris Szulc

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »

The ones uploaded are from January 2009, and I'm not sure myself what changes beobob is mentioning (If they are newer than what is online) so will wait for his reply.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

They recently passed rules that prohibited electioneering by anyone (or group - especially race tracks) that might benefit a candidate (you will recall posts being deleted on BTW that were deemed "electioneering"). That coupled with the prohibition of electioneering by mail leaves a challenger with the 300 words allowed in the ballot package, a few minutes at the ITHA general meeting in October, and personal contact or phone calls.  Since the challenger does not have a list of who got ballots how would he know who to contact, and even if he did know who to call where would he get their phone numbers?  The incumbent must have access to all of that because many, if not all of us got phones calls from Mike.  Many wondered where he got our numbers from.

Incumbents have the perc's of office, and that is not unreasonable.  But if the incumbent gets to use his office to communicate with the members whether by phone or ITHA "updates" that can be used to both extoll accomplishments as well as to lay out an agenda for the future, while the challenger gets 300 words and a couple minutes at a sparsely attended meeting, that is unreasonable.  I'm sure many of you noticed that the virus conference call ended with a veiled commercial touting Mike's accomplishments.

The horsemen are the losers in this process because there is no debate, no weighing of competing ideas or visions.  Chris Block was allowed to promote Mike's candidacy in the ballot mailing we received, yet influential members in our industry were told they had to stand down and not be involved in our election.

If you couple the election rules with the new by-law that removes the 2 term limit for President... I don't think that is healthy for our organization.  I know the argument will be, if they're not happy with the job the president is doing, they would have voted him out... That's true but many of our members are involved only peripherally, and if they get an endorsement in their ballot packet from Mr. Illinois Racing for a candidate, most will vote for him or her.  Those who want to be informed can't, because we don't know what the other candidate wants to do, or how he'd do it, 300 words doesn't cut it.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »

It certainly seems as though the phone numbers should be available to all candidates if they are available to incumbents. Or, at least the list of members with home towns, if Mike was looking them up.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: