Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 01:12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O.T. RIGHT TO WORK!  (Read 1625 times)
newmanhead

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »

Very good. Michigan will now be a right to work state. The unions will not be able to protect workers who are not willing, or qualified to work.  trophy
Report to moderator   Logged
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »

However Obama will now take care of everyone since the Uinons are dead
TheRedMile

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »

Very good. Michigan will now be a right to work state. The unions will not be able to protect workers who are not willing, or qualified to work.  trophy

another ill informed poster
yes let those non union people work for walmart part ime with  no health ins and let the state you live in pick up the tab for medicaid and food stamps
yes lets have everyone work for companies like the hostess co
blame the unions for everything while the owners siphoned monies from their pension funds
better yet let em play in the nhl
where revenues to be divided with players are up better than 20% yet owners want the players to take a 25% pay cut
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »

I wonder why it is so any people think its so great for OTHER people to work for free. Rich get richer? While unions have certainly had their moments of over reach, without them, companies would want people to work for 5$ an hour if they could get away with it. Terrible.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »

I wonder why it is so any people think its so great for OTHER people to work for free. Rich get richer? While unions have certainly had their moments of over reach, without them, companies would want people to work for 5$ an hour if they could get away with it. Terrible.

These guys are brainwashed by Rupert Murdoch to believe it's all the power of the unions that elects Democrats, so they cheer any setback for unions, but as the last election proves these dazed and confused goofs are utterly clueless as to what the real constituency of the D party has become.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:15:08 PM »

However Obama will now take care of everyone since the Uinons are dead

More truth in that than you might think, since the Federal government and you the US taxpayer has to pick up the costs of pension plans for all these companies (like the airlines) that go bust to break their unions and get out from under their pension obligations.

Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »

I was leaving Walmart about an hour ago and as I walked out I saw the BA of the union from my previous employer walking in. The same BA who was calling for a Walmart boycott just a few weeks ago. They can slam the non union people for free riding, but the union people do the same thing when they shop non-union. Oh the hypocrisy!
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:32:27 AM »

Ask the people of Long Island how they feel about unions.  People were kept in the dark for an extra week or two because crews from other states who were brought in to help were told they had to wait for a "union" crew to look at the job first.  In some cases they were flat out turned away because they were non-union.

How does the union brass, or anyone with any sense for that matter, justify keeping children and the lederly in the dark without heat and gasoline all for the union cause?

In an emergency the union showed their true colors....them first the customers second.

TheRedMile

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »

Ask the people of Long Island how they feel about unions.  People were kept in the dark for an extra week or two because crews from other states who were brought in to help were told they had to wait for a "union" crew to look at the job first.  In some cases they were flat out turned away because they were non-union.

How does the union brass, or anyone with any sense for that matter, justify keeping children and the lederly in the dark without heat and gasoline all for the union cause?

In an emergency the union showed their true colors....them first the customers second.

keep on drinking the kool aid the union bashers provide
those stories were refuted
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »

Drug smoking idiot republiCONS are all that live here.

I don't understand how you people became so ignorant but have enough intelligence to operate a computer/smartphone.

Protecting slackers is NOT the issue with the unions or the reason for this bill.

Busting the union is the goal by placing financial pressure on them. The nonunion workers will benefit from union negotiated benefits.

Without having to pay the dues that are the foundation of the union's ability to represent it's members.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. May your children be fully employed and dirt poor at the same time.

Welcome to the United States of China!  RIP
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 09:48:51 AM »

another ill informed poster
yes let those non union people work for walmart part ime with  no health ins and let the state you live in pick up the tab for medicaid and food stamps
yes lets have everyone work for companies like the hostess co
blame the unions for everything while the owners siphoned monies from their pension funds
better yet let em play in the nhl
where revenues to be divided with players are up better than 20% yet owners want the players to take a 25% pay cut

Amen brother. bowing trophy
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »

Yeah, Newsday is a real anti-union paper:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/fla-utility-union-delayed-crews-for-lipa-1.4205898
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »

I guess this TV station from Alabma is lying as well:

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

This stuff happens quite frequently so why you take such offense to it is tough to comprehend.  It's the way "business" is done in america.  If you think the only guys ripping off America are rich white rrepublican bankers you're nuts.  They are ripping off America but they have many acomplices.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

This stuff happens quite frequently so why you take such offense to it is tough to comprehend.  It's the way "business" is done in america.  If you think the only guys ripping off America are rich white rrepublican bankers you're nuts.  They are ripping off America but they have many acomplices.

Alabama? sneaky  Are you friggin kidding me? doh

The same state that railroaded former Democratic Governor Don Siegelman to jail? sneaky

The same state where METH is more popular than voting against your own economic best interest? doh

State I.Q. average is 32. screwy
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »

I don't understand how you people became so ignorant but have enough intelligence to operate a computer/smartphone.

Protecting slackers is NOT the issue with the unions or the reason for this bill.

Busting the union is the goal by placing financial pressure on them. The nonunion workers will benefit from union negotiated benefits.

Without having to pay the dues that are the foundation of the union's ability to represent it's members.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. May your children be fully employed and dirt poor at the same time.

You're last two lines make plenty of sense.  With the debt rising daily we are just pummeling our kids and with us constantly being bailed out by China we will eventually be their colony.  However you have a one sided view of everything in feeling that only one party is right on everything.  That type of slavish affection is certainly not healthy.  I believe both parties have some good ideas but I also believe the majority in both parties are only looking out for themselves and how much money they can rape the American taxpayer for.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

Alabama? sneaky  Are you friggin kidding me? doh

The same state that railroaded former Democratic Governor Don Siegelman to jail? sneaky

The same state where METH is more popular than voting against your own economic best interest? doh

State I.Q. average is 32. screwy

So if somebody from Alabama says something it doesn't count?  You show your ignorance when you make this type of statement.    You also completely ignored the story from Newsday but of course that would mean you'd look foolish again.
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »

Didn't the Democrats run as the party of choice? Being a union supporter, do you only purchase union made on every purchase you make? Isn't this similar to asking the rich to support the poor and giving them a free ride?

SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »

Step away from the KoolAid and read an unbiased assessment of that lie:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/sandyunion.asp
TheRedMile

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

i am not a newsday digital subscriber
Sallyjo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 10:46:08 AM »

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2028469934001/why-right-to-work-is-good-for-michigan

try it! Unions have beenaround for years, try something different!
TheRedMile

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »

try reading the " whole story " from your link below  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

i take offense at anything that is portrayed incorrectly whether it is for or against unions or big business

there is no union / association more crooked than the us senate or congress and those  who finance them

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »

Damn those independent fact checkers.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »

i am not a newsday digital subscriber

They talk about forcing guys to sign a union deal before work can begin.  If you can honestly say that in a time of disaster and emergency that you think putting union brotherhood BEFORE the basic needs of children and elderly then you are just not human.
TheRedMile

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2028469934001/why-right-to-work-is-good-for-michigan

try it! Unions have beenaround for years, try something different!

not a surprise fox thinks it is a good idea

wal mart is a great example for non union employment
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:56:39 AM by NIATROSS » Report to moderator   Logged
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »

So Newsday is a paper with a conservative angle?  Step back from the Kool Aid.  Even the most hardend right winger would have to take Newsday's word over Snopes...whatever that is.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:56:20 AM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: