Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 12:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 23453 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #425 on: January 05, 2013, 09:28:12 PM »

EHV-1 causes abortions. Kentucky has broodmares to protect.
Report to moderator   Logged
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 05, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »

I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory. Let's roll with this!

That is a really good one!  And I must admit I am not creative enough to have come up with it.  But it is the middle of winter in Illinois, and I'm gonna roll with it, also.  lolol

Seriously, though, I just hope it is contracting and stops spreading soon.  There is not a creature alive that deserves an illness that takes the mind, body and then kills you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:34:03 PM by dano-themano » Report to moderator   Logged
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »

Its no surprise that Kentucky has changed its policy in regards to allowing Ill horses onto the track. As we ALL know (besides Terry) this virus has been mishandled from the onset. The constant change of protocol has done nothing to aid in the eradication. I have also wondered if the total environment was given consideration when seeking advice. The cramped barn area with virtually little to no ventilation and the horrid air quality I feel certainly hasn't been any help in the fight.

As you state, Ky now requires a "permission to enter" form be completed for ANY Illinois origination.  I read this on the Bloodhorse link here a day or two ago and when I spread the word, NOBODY believed me and they all acted like I was off my rocker.  On my request, LB took the initiative to call the Ky Ag Dept and they confirmed what I had been trying to tell everyone.

Ky is not going to screw around, I guarantee you.  I hope this is the extent of the restrictions, as they certainly could just ban all of us.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 05, 2013, 11:18:50 PM »

Have been traveling for a few days....just wanted to clear something up.

To jrstark :  Dale claimed She's on her way on Oct. 26th.  There should be a large CL next to that claim. 
ALSO, private owner transfers are NEVER listed on PP's , they do however note, previously trained by such and such, if there was no claim involved.
Thank you or taking an interest in my stable. 
If there is anything else that you don't understand, feel free to ask....
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2013, 12:38:34 AM »

Its no surprise that Kentucky has changed its policy in regards to allowing Ill horses onto the track. As we ALL know (besides Terry) this virus has been mishandled from the onset.

Oh,  I know it's been mishandled, all right ... by irresponsible horsemen. And that's exactly why Kentucky (and other tracks) is taking this action against Illinois horses and horsemen that have been racing in Illinois, whether or not they've been away from Hawthorne for a long time or whatever.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

Since Illinois horses are effectively not being allowed to race anywhere except Hawthorne when racing resumes on the track that is being "repaired" now while our horses are going crazy in their beautiful air conditioned spacious stalls I wonder if Illinois racing has finally found a way to lower itself to its lowest level.  Effectively over 80 percent of the decent Midwest stallions are off limits to Illinois horses absent jumping through whatever hoops Kentucky and other states decide to apply to Illinois horses. My guess is that other states will follow Kentucky's lead.  Effectively having a thoroughbred racehorse in Illinois is a liability not an asset. Come to think of it, it is like living in Illinois where the state is broke and out Governors normally end up with free room and board in federal housing! Perhaps instead of trying to make a living in this industry we should all jump on the unemployment bandwagon?
I love free speech.
ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »

Illinois has been requiring an entry permit from out of state horses for years now.  Who can blame KY coming into foaling season for being cautious?  They are not denying broodmares except those prospects still stabled at Haw.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

Since Illinois horses are effectively not being allowed to race anywhere except Hawthorne when racing resumes on the track that is being "repaired" now

This reminds me to ask, are they actually working on the track? I know some thought it was all a ruse.

Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2013, 01:53:39 PM »

A tractor was going around the track this morning-but it does not look to me like they are doing any serious work to the track at all. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »

A tractor was going around the track this morning-but it does not look to me like they are doing any serious work to the track at all. 

Have they added any sand to it or anything? I was told there were indeed horseman complaints about the track toward the end of the meet, as far as it being far too hard, and too many injuries including in the mornings.

Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »

I have not seen them add any more dirt.  I know that is a big job.  They used to have to do that after the harness meet for the thoroughbreds.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »

My assistant, who lives on the grounds has not seen any work being done besides the normal, everyday harrowing.
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:13 PM »

With Jim Miller gone perhaps Marcus can use his connections to find someone to ask what actually is being done to the racetrack? Personally other than the crack security force I'm not sure who is left to ask. Meanwhile the stuck horses can't even be properly exercised. Is it possible Hawthorne planned on Jim Miller doing the track inspection and any necessary repair and now can't find anyone to do the job? dunno
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:01 AM »

My assistant, who lives on the grounds has not seen any work being done besides the normal, everyday harrowing.

I must be ignorant.  Are you a trainer too?  I thought your husband was the trainer.  Are you saying that Dale's assistant is also your assistant, like in common property?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #439 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »

Aren't you married Dan?   nyah

Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »

Actually, Equiforce has had a TRAINERS license...
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »

During a conversation today with a vet whose opinion I greatly respect the use of NSAIDS became a part of the exchange. The use of Bute or Banamine would mask any fever for upwards of four days making it very difficult to detect anything amiss. There are some trainers who use these as a daily regimen and some who only use as a pre work or pre race med. None the less it would make tracking horses becoming ill if they are given a medication that would mask the illness.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »

I must be ignorant.  Are you a trainer too?  I thought your husband was the trainer.  Are you saying that Dale's assistant is also your assistant, like in common property?

She is a licensed trainer.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

So is Saturday still the day? I wonder how many trailers will be loaded up and leaving. Or will the vast majority just stay for the spring meet and not leave in the meantime?
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »

There are many horses that have already left for farms.  I believe this is part of what has prompted the new Ky Ag Dept regulations we now face.  If you don't know, a vet must request permission to enter Kentucky for ANY horse travel originating in Illinois.  It is at least a two day process, if not three.  So, this may preclude us from entering extra races and if all does not go perfectly, it can also keep us out of a race in the book.  I fully understand the reasoning.  But, this just really sucks.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »

There are many horses that have already left for farms.  I believe this is part of what has prompted the new Ky Ag Dept regulations we now face.  If you don't know, a vet must request permission to enter Kentucky for ANY horse travel originating in Illinois.  It is at least a two day process, if not three.  So, this may preclude us from entering extra races and if all does not go perfectly, it can also keep us out of a race in the book.  I fully understand the reasoning.  But, this just really sucks.

For the record, Turfway is AWFUL about publishing entries. No morning line still for Friday, and no entries shown for Saturday. They are the worst.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »

Aren't you married Dan?   nyah

I just read this remark again and every time I laugh like crazy.  That is so funny!  And so true.
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »

Can someone on site verify whether or not they are actually working on the track more than the normal daily routine?
Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

I have been onsite daily and have not seen any extra trackwork being done.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »

How is winter in Stickney, horse people?  I see Granitz has managed to have a few horses at Tampa, but do not see too many other familiar names from here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: