Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 04:46:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 22918 times)
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »

I think this is why they insist on the 28 days without new symptoms, because that covers the incubation period for any horses that might have been exposed.

I couldn't blame any horseman or track for being worried about horses that have been at Hawthorne. It doesn't seem like the horsemen have been real good about immediately reporting symptoms.
I cannot see too many tracks begging for Hawthorne based horses to come to their tracks.It might be time to weatherize the stalls and order more bedding straw to get through the winter.
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2012, 04:01:57 PM »

I cannot see too many tracks begging for Hawthorne based horses to come to their tracks.

Horses do not have to stay at racetracks. What I said was there are a lot of horsemen who just want to get their horses out. There are quite a few stuck there that would simply be out on the farm.

It might be time to weatherize the stalls and order more bedding straw to get through the winter.

What stalls need weatherizing?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »

Another positive........Bradlee Rainwater
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »

Another positive........Bradlee Rainwater

What barn is he in, and with whom?

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »

Replace IL Dir, of Ag. , and can Dr. Ernest before the viral battle becomes the 100 Years War.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »

Barn 6, and seriously Terry, how did it benefit you to know who was in the barn with the last fatality ? 
Just more stupid questions asked by the genius.

Fast: thx for posting.  I've become slightly discouraged from giving info due to, ummm constant attacks with ridiculous questions that lead nowhere.

Thx to my friend as well for the informative text....   Smiley. You know who you are...

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »

Barn 6

Thank you. And I'm still curious who else is in that barn. If you don't know, maybe the poster of whom I asked the question might know.

, and seriously Terry, how did it benefit you to know who was in the barn with the last fatality ?  
Just more stupid questions asked by the genius.

What are you, about six years old, that you find it necessary to strike out with name-calling and insults over a simple question? There's no shame in answering "I don't know" to a question you don't know, or even not answering at all if you don't know. It's no personal insult to you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:04:49 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2012, 01:02:16 AM »

Thanks for the laugh of the night. 

I don't know who is in the barn, yet don't even see how that really matters at this point.  Hawthorne is like one big shed row at this point.

And when I make an obvious comment that can be considered an insult...I do it right up front, to that person directly...I don't do it in a snide little, I'm insulting you but don't have the nerve to be outright Smiley sort of way.   

Isn't insinuating that I am six years old just a mite on the hypocritical side if your argument is that I name called ? 

You don't intimidate or impress me in the least. 

I started the information stream for horsemen and stay by my opinion that you are not in that category.
Strike back at me as often as you like, this isn't my first rodeo.  I'm confident I can hold my own.

And unless you have anything significant to add to this thread, regarding the EHV1 virus, perhaps something from your many, reliable sources, what is the real purpose in your constant antagonism and interrogations ?  I think we all know the answer to that...
I've said what I would like to say, directly to you.  I will no longer engage in conversation with you.
You just don't bring anything to the table.  Enjoy your evening. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2012, 01:56:25 AM »

I don't know who is in the barn, yet don't even see how that really matters at this point.

At least you admit the problem is you don't see it. That's fine. I wasn't asking for your benefit.

Isn't insinuating that I am six years old just a mite on the hypocritical side if your argument is that I name called ?

No, you act like a six year old because you react with name-calling, insults, and diversion every time there's a question you don't understand or don't know the answer to, that you feel that somehow threatens your self-appointed role of backside BWOC and special expert on the virus outbreak.

And unless you have anything significant to add to this thread, regarding the EHV1 virus, perhaps something from your many, reliable sources, what is the real purpose in your constant antagonism and interrogations ?

Some of my many reliable sources (as well as many out of the blue PM's) have made it quite clear that they appreciate someone trying to keep the discussion to the level of actual facts and keep a lid on your excesses, misinformation, and distortions, as well as acting as a counterweight to your bullying behavior toward others on the forum (including other backsiders) who might disagree with your version of the facts or post something you don't agree with. They've also made it clear they haven't appreciated your public sneering at, and denigrations of the "small outfits" or horsemen who won't jump on your bandwagon, as well as the bad-mouthing of local barns and horsemen (sometimes by name), not to mention the ITHA, State, and even Hawthorne officials and employees. It seems you aren't quite the heroic crusading white knight of the backside you imagine yourself to be.

I will no longer engage in conversation with you.

Right.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:58:23 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2012, 04:19:11 AM »

when would this reset the date issue ?
SIXRULER

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2012, 04:50:04 AM »

Will this be reafirmed by Hawthorne by new management ?
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:46 AM »

The ITHA doesnt like being "sneered" at publicly? LOL Too f'n bad for them and who really gives a sh1t what they think? When did they actually start caring and throw their hat into the ring? Oh yeah i forgot well after it started not right at the outset. Gloves, bleach, and information packets to hand out how far into this? Apparently theyre more concerned with how theyre publicly percieved on a internet forum as opposed to doing their actual jobs which they have not done all year..........pretty much sums them up.

The state, hawthorne officials and employees?  Ok first of all if youre job title includes being employed by the state  then you better be able to handle the public perception and criticism that comes with it because everyone knows Illinois is very F'D up and is probaly the most corrupt state in the entire country. Hawthorne officials and employees dont like it either? Well they havent been doing their job properly4years, if they were the place wouldnt continue to decline and be run into the ground as its been the last decade +. Oh damn i guess i forgot bout them too and how theyre making money hand over fist and havent had to make any cuts over the years such as shutting down the clubhouse etc etc, theyve been absolutely thriving. They should keep hiring and retaining people who conduct business non related to their job on the clock and who physically assault people while also on the clock........lol well arlington hired that guy so what does that say bout them too and Illinois racing in general and people wonder why its F'D and been goin down the sh1tter for years now. Wonder why Jim Miller is leaving, possibly to jump off the sinking ship that is your beloved hawthorne terry? Bottom line bout the previously mentioned is they have all been less than satisfactory in the way this current crisis has been handled, and to be fair the horseman as a whole have been to.

What horsemen dont like it? The one who she was in the barn with and observed his carelessness with her own two eyes on a daily  basis, or the same one who any1who was attending training could still see that he was training his horses with the rest of the population despite there being a special set time for his horses to train after regular training hours, should we really care whether he likes it or not terry when he disregards safety protocol and the well being of the horses including his own?

I am thankful she spoke up, had she not some issues would have probaly continued to have gone neglected like the security or lack there of that she had mentioned. My "sources" terry on the backstretch and in the Ill racing community have said since the start that the track and the state "doesnt have a clue" as to how they're handling things
and that hawthorne in this current crisis and in general is run like a "complete and total joke" and this is coming from people who have been around here a very long time and whos opinions i respect. My sources as yours did shall remain anonymous.

You call equiforce a six year old because of name calling and insults, yet you turn right around in the very same post and resort to the same thing. You havent seen a horse die from this terry have you? I believe the bennets have. It was described to me as being like a "three day funeral". I never got the impression she wanted to be recognized as a "heroic crusading white knight" but maybe you want to be one of those for hawthorne since youll defend them to the end no matter the cirumstances, lol and hell even when youre many states away and arent on the ground here. Maybe theyll hire you to replace jim miller

At least you admit the problem is you don't see it. That's fine. I wasn't asking for your benefit.

No, you act like a six year old because you react with name-calling, insults, and diversion every time there's a question you don't understand or don't know the answer to, that you feel that somehow threatens your self-appointed role of backside BWOC and special expert on the virus outbreak.

Some of my many reliable sources (as well as many out of the blue PM's) have made it quite clear that they appreciate someone trying to keep the discussion to the level of actual facts and keep a lid on your excesses, misinformation, and distortions, as well as acting as a counterweight to your bullying behavior toward others on the forum (including other backsiders) who might disagree with your version of the facts or post something you don't agree with. They've also made it clear they haven't appreciated your public sneering at, and denigrations of the "small outfits" or horsemen who won't jump on your bandwagon, as well as the bad-mouthing of local barns and horsemen (sometimes by name), not to mention the ITHA, State, and even Hawthorne officials and employees. It seems you aren't quite the heroic crusading white knight of the backside you imagine yourself to be.

Right.

ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »

g3, just curious, what  exactly did you expect the ITHA  to have done differently?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »

The ITHA doesnt like being "sneered" at publicly?

That's not what I wrote.

I said some of my correspondents didn't like the way she's sneered and and denigrated the "small outfits" and local horsemen. Some correspondents did not like her treatment of the ITHA an its officers, or the State vet, or some Hawthorne employees.

As to what these organizations themselves think, I really don't know. Next time read what's actually written and save yourself typing out War and Peace.

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »

I find it quite funny that with all of Terry's "many reliable sources" he has to come on here and ask for answers. I also find it rather ironic that he seems to have appointed himself the defender of the local horseman when he himself has blamed the horsemen for spreading this virus more than anyone else. If as Terry has stated several hundred times, the horsemen are responsible for spreading the virus all across the backside, then Equiforce has every right to call them out on it. I haven't read a single instance of bullying by her on here in all of this. If she sees trainers or grooms or vets not following the, AHEM...."Protocols" she has every right to call them out. She has every right to hold Hawthorne and the Dept. of Ag. the state vet, etc. feet to the fire. She has every right to voice her opinion here, and it is greatly appreciated. I think everyone here realizes this is a forum where opinion as well as fact is stated. Everyone knows to take whatever they read here and follow up on it however they see fit.

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Terry's many "out of the blue PM's" This has everything to do with his need for attention as well as his desire to be the smartest guy in the room. IMHO of course.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:41:39 AM by thoroughbred » Report to moderator   Logged
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »

Horses do not have to stay at racetracks. What I said was there are a lot of horsemen who just want to get their horses out. There are quite a few stuck there that would simply be out on the farm.

What stalls need weatherizing?
I just meant more bedding for winter.Was not talking remodeling.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »

You hit the nail on the head thoroughbred! E. has never positioned herself in a "savior" limelight. She has only come forth with information that she has understood to be correct. This has been a huge benefit to us as a way of keeping a finger on the pulse of the situation. If we were to believe all the releases from management I fear many many more horses would have shipped up there and gotten exposed. As far as naming names "KUDDOS" to her!  We horsemen NEED to police those who treat this virus in a cavalier manner. These trainers deserved to be called out because they are placing everyone elses horses in jeopardy as well as their own. There has been nothing she has posted on here about the state vets,management or ITHA that hasnt pretty well summed up the opinion of the vast majority of owners and trainers observing the handling of this virus. The smarmy attitudes on here just amazes me.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »

You hit the nail on the head thoroughbred! E. has never positioned herself in a "savior" limelight.

Sure she has.

jimk

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

I don't think she has portrayed herself a saviour. A saviour would be saying I have a cure, I can end this thing. I have been very interested in what she has to say because she has boots on the ground and gives a firsthand account as she sees it. I find her to be very protective of the horses, not the business. If I owned racehorses and I don't, I would want somebody that dedicated, looking-out for my best interest.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »

I don't think she has portrayed herself a saviour.

And of course I never used the word savior in the first place, but rather the phrase "heroic crusading white knight of the backside". But never let the fact that someone didn't actually say something stop anyone from ranting on about it.

jimk

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »

Oh I thought that was you who said "sure she has" in reference to sporthorse's post. Anyway I don't think it qualifies as a rant. I don't do keyboard aerobics.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »

Oh I thought that was you who said "sure she has" in reference to sporthorse's post.

Sure enough, that was my response to her rant about something that was never posted.

Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:11 PM »

Hawthorne Track to Be Closed January 1-14

Hawthorne Track to Close for Training, January 1-14

Upon recommendation from the ITHA Track Committee, Hawthorne and the ITHA have agreed to close the Hawthorne racing surface for training from January 1 -14. During this time period, track maintenance crews will be able to inspect the surface base to ensure its consistency while refreshing the top portion of the racing surface.

For these two weeks, horsemen are asked to walk their horses only, no shedrowing in the barns while keeping barn doors open to eliminate any possible spread of virus.

When the track reopens for training on January 15, training hours will be 7:00-11:00 AM, Monday- Saturday, while remaining closed on Sundays in January. Beginning February 1, the track will open 7 days a week with the above training hours remaining in place through the spring meet.

“The horsemen approached us asking for considering in closing the track for a couple weeks to get a good, in depth look at the surface,” stated Hawthorne President Tim Carey. “While both the horsemen, and ourselves believe there is nothing wrong with the track, we haven’t had that extended period to be able to get a full inspection of the surface. We agree that now is a good opportunity as horses have been racing for the past ten and a half months in Illinois and a two week break may suit them well.”

« Back to

First Post: 1:20 PM Track Condition: Fast

Press Releases

Media Guide

Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

Equiforce...thank you so much for your first-hand information.  I posted much earlier to please disregard the nonsense.  All this does is detract from the subject.  

I found this very interesting today........This is a note that was posted at Hawthorne

Hawthorne Track to Close for Training, January 1-14

Upon recommendation from the ITHA Track Committee, Hawthorne and the ITHA have agreed
to close the Hawthorne racing surface for training from January 1-14.  During this time period, track
maintenance crews will be able to inspect the surface base to ensure its consistency while refreshing the
top portion of the racing surface.

For these two weeks, horsemen are asked to walk their horses only, no shedrowing in the barns
while keeping barn doors open to eliminate any possible spread of virus.

When the track reopens for training on January 15, training hours will be 7:00-11:00 AM,
Monday-Saturday, while remaining closed on Sundays in January.  Beginning February 1, the track will
open 7 days a week with the above training hours remaining in place through the spring meet.

"The horsemen approached us asking for considering in closing the track for a couple weeks to
get a good, in depth look at the surface," stated Hawthorne President Tim Carey.  "While both the horsemen, and ourselves believe there is nothing wrong with the track, we haven't had that extended
period to be able to get a full inspection of the surface.  We agree that now is a good opportunity as
horses have been racing for the past ten and a half months in Illinois and a two week break may suit them well."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »

Equiforce...thank you so much for your first-hand information.  I posted much earlier to please disregard the nonsense.  All this does is detract from the subject.  

Not to mention, don't START the nonsense, a la her shrewish response to the simple question of what barn the latest positive came from.

On that subject, I take it this Barn 6 was a barn that hadn't previously had problems? Much like Stidham's barn before that, and Robertson's barn before that? The continuing appearance of new positives in new barns kind of puts the lie to the claim made by some in this thread that every horse on the backside had already been exposed to the virus, not to mention leaning on that faulty assumption as an excuse not to make every possible effort not to expose other trainers' horses to our own sick ones.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: