Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 08:05:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 24383 times)
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »

i dont know what to believe as far as to the amount of horses still coming in if any at all and what i said wasnt directed towards anything in particular it was just a general statement. i was just trying to get you to open up your mind a little bit and not have the narrow view that you have on this. J.M. is well liked by many around here but hes also viewed by many as a yes man. he is employed and paid by hawthorne, do you sincerely believe hed come out and say anything negative against them publicly ?
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »

Absolutely no one is blaming whoever brought this in....it most definitely wasn't planned, and I'm sure they don't feel good about it.  It wasn't their fault !!!  How it was handled afterwards by others has been the issue right along.  It is important to have an idea on where this virus has been, and where it might go...epidemiology 101..

If you're interested in where it has been, wouldn't it be seem important to follow leads about possibly coming from New York and somehow got to Hawthorne, rather than pointing fingers at a fellow trainer in the fashion of, "It might have been in Barn A, but then it definitely WAS in Barn A!"

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

i dont know what to believe as far as to the amount of horses still coming in if any at all and what i said wasnt directed towards anything in particular it was just a general statement. i was just trying to get you to open up your mind a little bit and not have the narrow view that you have on this.

Dude ... I'm the one who's spent the entire thread(s) trying to point out reasonable alternatives.

Sure anything is possible. But just because it is possible doesn't mean it happened.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »

When it looks like a rose and smells like a rose, more likely than not...it's a rose..LOL.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »

So, you know that the pony never went down...

I can't prove that aliens do not walk among us.

We've read no evidence here to support the pony "going down". Do you have some knowledge that it did?

The only people who apparently did see the actual symptoms are the association vet, probably someone from Midwest Thoroughbreds, maybe their own vet, and someone at the clinic. These people came up with pneumonia. I didn't see neurological symptoms on your list of pneumonia symptoms, and they came up with pneumonia. So now its your opinion all these people who actually DID see the pony (as opposed to you) would have totally misdiagnosed a pony showing the same kind of neurological symptoms that the horses at Hawthorne have displayed?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »

Jim M is a really great guy.  I don't know of anyone that doesn't like him, truly.  It's just his nature.
He also has a job, and superiors to answer to.  Why should he jeopardise himself, even if he WANTED to if he were to know that it really wouldn't make a difference.  I think if ALOT of people were in his position, they would do the same.

Well, good point, and why should we take anyone's word at face value? You certainly have your own axe to grind, with your horse going down, and now being stuck here instead of at Tampa. So you don't feel inclined to take Jim's word at face value, and I don't feel inclined to take yours without a pinch of salt. Join the club of the human race. It's not personal.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »

I'm enjoying my time in the club of the human race as you put it...thanks...I'm sorry that your application was obviously lost in the mail, just like my husbands ITHA ballot packet...

And as clever as you think you are to attempt to twist my words again by saying that I don't take Jim m's word at face value, I must correct you.  AGAIN...

Omitting info, is not lying.  I believe that frontside has not been as vocal with details during this virus as they could have been.  That by no means, even by the stretch of your very limited imagination, insinuates that Jim M. Has lied...

Have a good night, you've managed to bore me completely in 300 words or less...

Hagen sie einen guten tag.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »

When it looks like a rose and smells like a rose, more likely than not...it's a rose..LOL.

Or in the case of theories that were iffy to begin with and paling in the light of additional evidence, it smells more like a stinky dead fish.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »

blah blah blah blah, just more personal attack

Omitting info, is not lying.

That's nice, and debatable, but what I actually said was "taking someone's word at face value". And I would also question if "omitting info" is what you meant during the course of these threads when you openly sneered at some of the things written by Jim in some of the ITHA updates, like whether or not meetings with horsemen were held, and so on.

Have a good night, you've managed to bore me completely in 300 words or less...

Apparently not really, or you wouldn't have come back to argue some more.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:53:37 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:37 PM »

Didn't come back...it's called a smartphone...it comes with me, to entertain me during the day...and you are once again FULL OF....ROSES... BECAUSE you won't find a post from me that says anything negative about Jim M.  If you could...you would have quoted, re-quoted,analyzed, compared, the list goes on....just because Terry said someone said something.....doesn't mean they did...that much as been made abundantly clear !! 
You can question....what omitting info really means ALL day long...like you question probably why the sun rises and sets...but I think that would be considered "speculation"...and we ALL know, Terry goes on Facts only...
You cant anger me.  No matter how much you try to push me, you just don't have that power.  Almost every time you post, you show that you are biased, arrogant, without a doubt, more intelligent than the rest of us...
If you want sarcasm...I majored in sarcasm...

Have at it Terry...you must feel extremely satisfied that you have been instrumental in helping the horsemen get through this tragic situation....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

Didn't come back...it's called a smartphone

Ah.

you won't find a post from me that says anything negative about Jim M.

I didn't say that you did, I said you sneered at a number of the claims/news items made in the ITHA updates he wrote as though they weren't true.

blah blah blah more OT nonsense

dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:55 AM »

Slightly off-topic, but who knows???

Earlier this year we had a couple of ponies and a racehorse come down with similar symptoms and perish, at FP.  I have made an effort to find out if testing was done and have not been given any information.  The barn remains roped off with yellow crime-scene tape.  Maybe there is no association, but it certainly makes a person ask.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »

Slightly off-topic, but who knows???

Earlier this year we had a couple of ponies and a racehorse come down with similar symptoms and perish, at FP.  I have made an effort to find out if testing was done and have not been given any information.  The barn remains roped off with yellow crime-scene tape.  Maybe there is no association, but it certainly makes a person ask.

Was that back in the spring? I vaguely remember a couple ponies dying around the same time and I thought it was right at the beginning of the meet.
Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:25 AM »

The timeline is a bit too long for that pony to have brought in that EHV1.  He shipped in here in May & was sick right away.   None of the other horses became ill with the herpes virus until the first test results were positive.  Wasn't that October 16?  That should mean those horses that contracted the virus were exposed somehow to the virus probably sometime during the first week in October.  As we all know EHV1 is highly contagious & cannot survive long without a host.  It is highly unlikely if not possible that it would have survived without a host for 4-5 months.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »

Just to be clear, are you reporting that "the Hawthorne pony" that passed had been sick all summer, and then finally succumbed at some later date?

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »

Ray Paulick has an interview with Dr. Dawn Folker-Calderon:
http://www.paulickreport.com/features/the-breeders-cup-forum/the-breeders-cup-forum-coping-with-ehv-1/
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »

Decent article.....Answers some questions but raises even more
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »

The quarantine "might've" claimed Coragail Cat.
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/magnafortuna/2012/12/12/trainer-michele-boyce-equine-herpes-situation-scary-and-depressing-but-taxi-continues-to-do-well/
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »

Sporthorse,

Why does the state vet. say in the Paulick article say the the claiming can't be stopped?  When will the state @ Haw. wake up and stop allowing new horses to ship in?  Very well stated responses from M. Boyce.   RIP Coragil Cat.

Sod
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

If you stop claiming, everyone will try to run for a nickel. What she said was there wasn't enough space to set up a separate barn for claimed horses.
Chris Szulc

« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

If you stop claiming, everyone will try to run for a nickel. What she said was there wasn't enough space to set up a separate barn for claimed horses.

What's to stop rules being placed that you can't drop like that to steal races? Someone mentioned that in the closed thread, thought it was a good idea (Cory Patton?)....can't run for less than last claim price. That prevents bottom-barrel droppers.

It's still anything but a true quarantine. Can't see how they're still letting horses IN?! That amazes me, even if it's not many (in fact the Overnights specifically "advertise" that horses are still allowed to ship in....YAY!)

Sad story about Coragil Cat. Liked that horse; he had a good career. What an awful ending. Sad
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »

What's to stop rules being placed that you can't drop like that to steal races?

The State vet was quoted in the Paulick interview as saying she looked into the claiming rules, and couldn't change them.

Now, what you could do, I guess, is just run all starter allowances.

Chris Szulc

« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »

The State vet was quoted in the Paulick interview as saying she looked into the claiming rules, and couldn't change them.

Now, what you could do, I guess, is just run all starter allowances.

I'm sure the IRB has ability to make emergency, temporary rules, no?

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »

What's to stop rules being placed that you can't drop like that to steal races? Someone mentioned that in the closed thread, thought it was a good idea (Cory Patton?)....can't run for less than last claim price. That prevents bottom-barrel droppers.

Easy in theory, complicated in practice. What about a horse who has been off the board in every start? What about winners in conditioned claimers? Layoffs? Horses coming out of allowance races? Statebred vs. open? Higher dollar claimers that aren't filling? Grass horses that run cheaper on dirt? Then once you do start making exceptions for the hard cases, everyone else wants one too.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

I'm sure the IRB has ability to make emergency, temporary rules, no?

I don't know what the process would be. Could be a tremendous amount red tape as far as public notice, etc.

The proper person to ask would be the State vet.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: