Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 03:55:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 23768 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:13 AM »

Let's keep this thread clear of attacks and rumors.
Report to moderator   Logged
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:52 AM »

So it is ok to let Terry say that "most other trainers" believe that this came from "some horses" from NY, when he doesn't have conversations with "most trainers" every day, first hand, but I can't defend myself from his constant twisting of not just mine, but everyone's words....wow, are we in China ? 
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:55:43 AM »

Who is responsible for the decision to continue to allow new horses to ship into Hawthorne? If we are going to quarantine, let's quarantine. Someone must have the authority to say NO, you can't come in here.

Who is it, the ITHA, Hawthorne, the state, the IRB? At least they could throw us that bone to show that they understand the magnitude of the problem.  

Let the virus run its course in the current population, but why introduce new horses to the population to be exposed?  This makes no sense to me both for the health of the new horse coming in as well as the potential to have to start another 28 day countdown.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »

Jrstark has obviously made it impossible for me to post in the last thread.  That's fine.  If anyone would like to have updates, just email me...

Land of the free, home of the brave...welcome to America...where you can confirm facts, through trainer/victims, then double check with vets...and be cut off for telling the truth...
I don't hate the ITHA...by No means.  The girls in there are awesome and helpful...it's the lack of horseman leadership I don't care for...
For someone who doesn't care for rumors and will cut off a posted because they don't like wht they say...you sure had no problem saying what I like or don't like...you are a hypocrite

Terry makes this site a complete joke...and you obviously back him up...whatever helps you sleep at night...
Maybe it's time for the real media....
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:59:12 AM »

So it is ok to let Terry say that "most other trainers" believe that this came from "some horses" from NY, when he doesn't have conversations with "most trainers" every day, first hand, but I can't defend myself from his constant twisting of not just mine, but everyone's words....wow, are we in China ? 

So you couldn't even make it ONE POST?

doh

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »

Who is responsible for the decision to continue to allow new horses to ship into Hawthorne? If we are going to quarantine, let's quarantine. Someone must have the authority to say NO, you can't come in here.

The State vet is ultimately responsible. You could try asking her.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »

Beobob,
I was cut off from further posts from my original thread.  Because I was explaining for the 1000th time what I've said and not said,
My words have been twisted by terry so many times...and I try to defend myself, and am notified I can't post any longer on the thread.
Email if you would like updates, or friend Dale on FB.  Dale Bennett Stables.

When they get communist on you...it's time to get out of dodge.  
I know that Terry helped set up this BTW program, so it's obvious that he didn't appreciate being called out on his BS quotes.

So, this s my LAST post....when he ran Pam off and now I can't post on a thread I started....there is definitely something wrong with this forum...I suddenly feel chinese...best of luck to everyone.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:12:20 AM »

Sorry...one last post..to jrstark...constantly referring to whinnies...SCROLL BACK...I USED THAT TERM ONCE....terry buttmeister used it multiple times....

What a compete joke.

Hitting a little too close to home....the attorneys will figure out who is whinnying and who is whining.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:58:38 AM »

Nice !

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:42:20 AM »

Janine. I have known both you and Terry along time.  While I understand your position I truly believe that censoring Denise is 100% wrong.  While everything she has said might not be 100% factual I would ask who is in a better position to report from the backside from a trainer's perspective than the Bennet's who are living this nightmare each and every day.  This forum is filled with personal attacks, misinformation, rumors and speculation.  Forums should be about posting you opinion and giving out information. While many people get way to personal about it, I just take it for what it is and try to gather as much good information as I can.

People like Dale and Denise are essential if Illinois racing is to survive.  While I don't agree with everything they say I think we all benefit from their insight. Just one mans opinion.
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »

Well said. I agree.
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »

This forum is a joke, adios
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »

I locked the old thread and started a new one. How is that censoring? I probably should have closed it for technical reasons anyway, it is 53 pages long.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »

We love Equiforce ......we love Equiforce ......keep the updates coming......forget the haters
JoeB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Terry and Janine in cahoots again??  Shocking!!  JoeB
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

Kinda like HV & AM.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »

Jrstark has obviously made it impossible for me to post in the last thread.  That's fine.  If anyone would like to have updates, just email me...

Denise, jrstark is not censoring you...she locked the thread albeit siding with Terry on her last post commenting about your opinions. I guess she forgot to call Terry on the lie he posted just a few minutes prior about Brivolta's horse. Don't wast your breath arguing with an idiot that has nothing better to do than argue with people on the computer while never having the nerve to say the same things face to face. You know I have a special word for that type of person.  Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »

Kinda like HV & AM.

oye vey.....i don't have time to be 'in cahoots' with anyone.....but if it makes you happy thinking that...you have yourself a party Smiley

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

Seems to me Terry is talking out both sides of his mouth. He is constantly blaming the spread on the irresponsibility of the horsemen and then he turns around and says that no one knows for sure how the virus is spread and then he states this in the other thread.

" And so much for the medical evidence that horses can be latent carriers all their lives and just start spontaneously shedding the virus in times of stress."

So how can someone who lives and dies with facts, blame this on the horsemen?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »

I know that Terry helped set up this BTW program

Wrong ... one last time.  head shake

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »

And also wrong.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

Janine. I have known both you and Terry along time.  While I understand your position I truly believe that censoring Denise is 100% wrong.

No one censored Denise or anyone else.

Janine simply closed the old thread that had gotten nasty, and then opened this new one with the admonition to behave and stick to actual information.

Denise was able to post uncensored in this new thread.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:56:33 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

Denise was able to post uncensored in this new thread.

Is that opinion or fact? (Forgot...he has me on ignore  laughing guy)
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »

This forum is a joke, adios

You're quitting because the moderator closed a thread that got too nasty, and then told people to behave, an action she's taken a hundred times before?

No one got banned or any kind of personal warning, to my knowledge. All that happened is that old thread was closed and we were all told, "Let's keep this thread clear of attacks and rumors." And that's intolerable to you?

Update after opening my personal email this morning: It turns out someone DID get a personal warning ...  Grin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:46:47 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

beobob

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »

I believe that Equiforce should be forgiven for her frustration both with her snipers here as well as the collective individuals, organizations, and businesses that have appeared to have given more lip service to this problem than action.  Now before you lift that sentence out, the sense that I got from most of Equiforce's posts was that while Hawthorne, the state, and the ITHA might have posted guidelines and procedures that could/would help control the situation at hand, these ended up being treated as suggestions by most horsemen.  That has been Terry's point, the horsemen aren't following these quidelines.

This is where leadership is needed.  The govt doesn't pass laws and then hope they are followed, they make sure they are followed with penalties if they are not.  A union negotiates for all members and then makes sure the membership and management toes the line, they don't have every worker making their own deal.  From Equiforce's posts it is apparent that she felt they were left to fend for themselves.

We see evidence of the hands off approach taken with the allowing of new horses entering the infected population.  We can argue all day about the stupidity, greed, etc of anyone who would ship their horse here, but the fact they are allowed to says to me that all three, the state, ITHA, and Hawthorne are not serious about this situation and we are all on our own.

Perception is realty for most, and it appears to be the perception of most of the people posting here on the grounds at Hawthorne that there does not appear to be a concentrated effort with forced compliance in place.  While it is my responsibility to do everything possible to ensure the health of my horses, it is all for naught if the other horses mine come in contact with are not.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:05:55 PM by beobob » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: