Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 10:12:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 22879 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »

And THAT is the bottom line Beobob.   

You ave such a WAY with words...I hear there is a position open upstairs
Report to moderator   Logged
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »

Wink
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »

As an owner (albeit a very small one) I think I'm pretty much done with Hawthorne--at least once I can get out of there.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »

An owner is an owner faster....
Whether you own 1 or 15....your opinion is not only valid but represents the "every day" owner...(like myself).  Until the last 2 weeks, I only owned 1-3/4 horses.    Now it's only up to 3-3/4... But, I am a small scale owner. 

Your opinion is very, very important.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »

Equiforce, I'm curious. Exactly when did She's On Her Way transfer into your barn?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »

She's been in our barn since one of our owners claimed her a couple of months ago.  He had some unforeseen circumstances and as a result, we purchased her after her last race.  I like her.  She didn't run very well today, but I'm looking forward to a good 2013 with her Smiley
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »

So that would be the Oct. 26 claim?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2012, 02:04:59 AM »

Yes.  That was actually my anniversary....so I guess ultimately, I got her for my anniversary.....lol....just didn't know it at the time......( that she was gonna end up mine)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:43 AM »

Correction, that was when our owner claimed her.  I purchased her privately, last week.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »

OK, thanks for the information on the clock.  That sounds like they have restarted it with the recent positive. 

There has been conflicting information posted on the viability of the virus without an animal carrier posted here.  One says "hours" and the other "many days".  So, which is it?  If it is the longer then equipment should not travel from track to track.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »

OK, thanks for the information on the clock.  That sounds like they have restarted it with the recent positive.

Based on what Janine wrote in the other thread, I wouldn't even bet on that:

"The Rainwater horse is NOT dead, he is doing well. He's positive, but nobody seems to know if he is even neurologic."

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »

The lapse in following a strict protocol is going to bite the horsemen in so many ways its disgusting. With not restarting the clock any other track in the country will be sure to keep their gates locked to Hawthorne horses even after the quarantine has been lifted. Maybe by fall the horses will be able to run elsewhere at this rate.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: December 31, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »

The lapse in following a strict protocol is going to bite the horsemen in so many ways its disgusting. With not restarting the clock any other track in the country will be sure to keep their gates locked to Hawthorne horses even after the quarantine has been lifted. Maybe by fall the horses will be able to run elsewhere at this rate.

I would bet a lot of money that FP will allow them in at least two weeks before their meet starts. Becker, Manley, Hellman...pretty sure FP will want and need their horses.
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: December 31, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »

I would bet a lot of money that FP will allow them in at least two weeks before their meet starts. Becker, Manley, Hellman...pretty sure FP will want and need their horses.

Yes, you can count on it.  But we will be in a bad way if a positive shows up at FP.  I don't even want to think about it.  At the present, there has been no known activity.  So if it shows up, it will likely be caused by the potential premature end to the quarantine. 

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »

Yes, you can count on it.  But we will be in a bad way if a positive shows up at FP.  I don't even want to think about it.  At the present, there has been no known activity.  So if it shows up, it will likely be caused by the potential premature end to the quarantine. 

You'll get no argument from me. I don't think any of those guys would ring them back though until they felt confident their horses were clean. Of course they can't guarantee anything though
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »

An owner is an owner faster....
Whether you own 1 or 15....your opinion is not only valid but represents the "every day" owner...(like myself).  Until the last 2 weeks, I only owned 1-3/4 horses.    Now it's only up to 3-3/4... But, I am a small scale owner. 

Your opinion is very, very important.
Owners are the back bone of the industry no matter how many horses or what percentage of a horse.
Quite honestly even the two dollar bettor has a interest in our horses even if they are investing in a net for one minute.
Hawthornes delima is there people in positions obviously way over whelmed and not qualified to be in. Feel bad for all the horses and horsemen .
Hope next year is much better .

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: January 01, 2013, 01:19:58 AM »

Equiforce, I'm curious. Exactly when did She's On Her Way transfer into your barn?

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
So that would be the Oct. 26 claim?

WHAT IS YOUR POINT???
Livingthedream

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »

Am I missing something. I thought that the other tracks were not taking horses from Hawthorne. Rivelli has one entered at Gulfstream to run on 1/4 in the 7th race... Richiesthunderingal. Last race at Hawthorne was 10/10.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

Am I missing something. I thought that the other tracks were not taking horses from Hawthorne. Rivelli has one entered at Gulfstream to run on 1/4 in the 7th race... Richiesthunderingal. Last race at Hawthorne was 10/10.

Since 10/10 was before the first horse got sick, and well before the stop order on allowing them out, maybe he shipped that horse right after the race?

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: January 01, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
WHAT IS YOUR POINT???

Guessing that maybe 10/26 focus is to prompt us to Question the Timeline ?

Approx:
 10/14 Horses sick

10/24 Quarantine imposed because of spread to another barn

10/26 Claim

11/16  Another Sick Horse lost

Significance , if any, ?

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #395 on: January 01, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »

Actually I was wondering if it was before or after she said they were going to claim because everyone else was. Another trainer claimed the horse 10/26, Sunday's program didn't list private transfers.
Livingthedream

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: January 01, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

Since 10/10 was before the first horse got sick, and well before the stop order on allowing them out, maybe he shipped that horse right after the race?

I here you Terry, but in speaking with a credible racing official at Gulfstream in early November regarding the possibilities of getting one of my horses down there to run in the claiming crown, was told that Gulfstream would not accept any Hawthorne horses until Hawthorne lifts the Quarantine.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: January 01, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »

I here you Terry, but in speaking with a credible racing official at Gulfstream in early November regarding the possibilities of getting one of my horses down there to run in the claiming crown, was told that Gulfstream would not accept any Hawthorne horses until Hawthorne lifts the Quarantine.

Well, I'm just saying that if the horse was already out of Hawthorne and down to Florida before the outbreak here, and he could prove it, and the horse must have been symptom free all this time, maybe they cut him some slack. Or maybe it's just the old case of some animals are more equal than others. In any case, it would be Gulfstream who could tell you the answer.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »

Janine has the following linked from the home page regarding rules for Fairmount accepting Hawthorne horses:

http://ilhbpa.com/fairmount-park-policy-for-horses-that-have-raced-at-hawthorne/ 

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »

Janine has the following linked from the home page regarding rules for Fairmount accepting Hawthorne horses:

http://ilhbpa.com/fairmount-park-policy-for-horses-that-have-raced-at-hawthorne/ 

I wonder how long this will be the policy. At some point they will have to let horses come directly from Hawthorne. So will that be 28 days after the quarantine ends? I wish they had addressed when horses will be allowed to transfer directly back.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: