Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 09:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine information thread  (Read 22207 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »

The virus has been reported (in veternary publications) to survive for up to a couple of weeks in the environment, outside a host animal.  So, if a van or trailer became contaminated and was not properly disinfected, several hours would not be anywhere close to sufficient to be safe.  So if vans/trailers are going from Hawthorne to FP and are not completely disinfected, that would indeed be a risk.

Not to mention the huge cloud of soiled and infected straw trailing behind them and infecting all horses along the route.
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: December 26, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »

Confirmation:
Monday morning they euthanized another one of Stidhams.  It has been confirmed by the State vet.  Didn't want to share this information on Christmas.

What barn is Mr. Stidham in? Who does he share with?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »

I don't really see what it matters who Stidham shares a barn with considering the constant moving around of this virus.  But to the best of my personal knowledge, that would be Boyce and Block. 
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: December 26, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »

Those trainers who had horses located at another place during the Hawthorne meet are sure lucky.  Maybe they were able to claim horses at other tracks or picked up some new horses from their owners or just picked up new owners.  I see Granitz is alive and running at Tampa.

EquiForce, do you have the opportunity to do this at Tampa.  I assume Dale and Gerald are related, could something be worked out there?  It would do you a world of good to just get out of Chicago.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »

I don't really see what it matters who Stidham shares a barn with considering the constant moving around of this virus.

It doesn't really "matter". I simply wanted to know if this was a barn that hadn't previously experienced problems.

But to the best of my personal knowledge, that would be Boyce and Block. 

Thank you. That pretty well answers my question.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: December 26, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »

Dan,
Yes, Gerald (GB) is Dales dad.   We have actually sent the clients that would have gone wth us to Tampa (non-Hawthorne related) to GB. it's not economical to maintain 2 stables, if we are only Keeping a few in Tampa.  Dale didn't feel that he could leave his stable and re-locate with a few during such a questionable time.  We will go down for the OBS sale and to visit family in Jan. but it wills a relatively short trip. 
And you are so right, it would do a WORLD of good to get out of here...for everyone.   Trying to explain to our almost 3 year old this morning why the sun rarely comes out in Chicago this time of year...that was fun....lol
Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: December 26, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

What has this latest fatality done to the quarantine calendar?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: December 26, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »

Well, I checked both the ITHA site and the Hawthorne site and neither have mentioned the newest fatality.  The last posting from each site was 12/19/12. 

When they update their sites, they will probably change the date. 
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: December 26, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »

One would think that if a horse was put down on Monday that by Wednesday evening Hawthorne would have posted something on their website or the ITHA might update its members. Quite frankly this entire situation is pathetic.  Information is power. Information creates knowledge. Lack of information in this case is just plain wrong.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: December 26, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »

Well, I checked both the ITHA site and the Hawthorne site and neither have mentioned the newest fatality.  The last posting from each site was 12/19/12. 

I thought the dates were determined by the onset of symptoms and/or positive tests. Was this a different horse from the original bunch of Mr. Stidham's that tested positive?

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: December 26, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »

hawthorne- according to them its "only x amount" of horses that have been put down out of 1900+ on the backstretch so its business as usual for them and the ITHA is much too busy whackin off and eating flamin hot cheetos simultaneously to post anything in a timely manner

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2012, 12:58:32 AM »

Agreed Chartwell and g3tPWNeD.

It's hard to tell whether they will change the date base on this NOW being a fatality.

With the constant changes, they might start the date based on when the deceased horse was last SHOD.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: December 27, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »

Agreed Chartwell and g3tPWNeD.

It's hard to tell whether they will change the date base on this NOW being a fatality.

With the constant changes, they might start the date based on when the deceased horse was last SHOD.

I'm pretty sure the State Vet sets the dates, does she not? As long as you were confirming this latest incident with her, why didn't you ask what that did to the date?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:21 AM »

I try to have as little contact with paper pushing vets as possible.  My preference is practicing vets. 

I have no interest in the "new" date, as, more likely than not....it's not going to be the "last" date issued to us.

What part of " no other tracks in the country will take Hawthorne horses confuses you" ?

Dates are insignificant now. 

Prediction:  Hawthorne has very strong well entered spring meet....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:22 AM »

I try to have as little contact with paper pushing vets as possible. My preference is practicing vets.

Ah. So when you wrote "confirmed by the State vet" that wasn't to you personally? More like it was "confirmed by the State vet" to someone else who passed it along to you 2nd or 3rd hand? Maybe a practicing vet, whose word on the subject makes it gold even if it was simply passing along what the paper vet said?

That's some principle there!  thumbs up

I have no interest in the "new" date, as, more likely than not....it's not going to be the "last" date issued to us.

What part of " no other tracks in the country will take Hawthorne horses confuses you" ?

Actually, Fast n Firm was the one who originally asked what seemed to be a serious question about the date, which you neatly sidestepped with more diversion. Perhaps you should direct your "attitude" about the new date toward that poster.

My question was about your claim that the death itself would reset the clock. Was the Stidham horse that you reported here one of the ones that previously tested positive?

Babyruffy

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2012, 04:38:09 AM »

The ITHA & track not promptly updating the backside with the current facts leads for rumor, speculation & worse negativity.
There are some trainers with non symptomatic horses afraid to test all their horses for fear of false positives.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »

I don't consider my husband 2nd or third hand
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »

Nor does any one else!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »

Smiley
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »

So did he take the natural next step and inquire of the State vet what this reported death did to "the date"? 

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »

I don't want to pass along bad information, so please take this with a grain of salt. My understanding (second hand) is that this horse was already sick and had been factored into the Dec 10 date. If that is correct, then there would not be a reset. Again...IF that is correct.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »

Thx.

Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »

I thought the dates were determined by the onset of symptoms and/or positive tests. Was this a different horse from the original bunch of Mr. Stidham's that tested positive?

Correct - date of positive test & isolation, which occurred Dec. 12. Story filed and to post soon at drf.com.
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »

Prediction:  Hawthorne has very strong well entered spring meet....

You seem to be suggesting that officials are trying to push the quarantine-start date back as far into the past as possible. Yet you also seem to be implying that Hawthorne would like to keep horse-people in Stickney to boost the spring meet. Aren't those two angles contradictory? If "they" wanted to make people stick around, wouldn't the interest lie in establishing the latest possible quarantine-start date?
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »

Is there a definite date that people can leave the grounds with horses?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: