Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 04:23:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No respect for the horse....  (Read 938 times)
Farmington Flash

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »

This just made me sick. Catch drivers need to remember without these horses they're nothing. Anyway, Friday night at Yonkers Sears horse breaks down on the backside, Sears pulls him up and heads for the paddock. Long story short horse snapped his ankle they get back to the ramp and Sears throws up the lines not saying a word to the kid paddocking and walks away. Horse is standing there leg dangling the rest of the race gets back and not a soul helps this kid or the horse. Sears didn't even help him take off the bike. Finally another driver in the race helps the kid out and calls the track vet to do what had to be done. We kid about some of these guys being primadonnas but what the hell? Are you too good to have any compassion? Just leaves me at a loss for words, where's the love and respect for the horses that are the reason for these guys success.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:47:59 AM by Farmington Flash » Report to moderator   Logged
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

Ridge Warren gives 100% and wins race but showboats by dragging the whip and gets suspended ...
Go Figure
Report to moderator   Logged
Farmington Flash

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »

More and more the whole game and how it's run is a complete joke. Judges with their heads up their asses. Commissions totally useless. NY wants to punish owners who use beards yet they'll still license the beard. It's like blaming the accident on the stop sign and not the guy who ran it. To me abuse isn't just the act of cruelty itself, walking away from an animal in pain is just as bad. All the respect I had for Brian went right down the drain.
Ruffie Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »

Pretty disturbing news, do you have any footage , stories , race number , horse etc?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »

This is a complete disgrace.
If confronted, Sears would say "I didnt know"....
Farmington Flash

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »

3rd race Friday at Yonkers. You don't see it in the replay just hear the call. Yes it happens and will happen again. BUT....you hop off the racebike and see the leg dangling at least stop by the vet truck which is at the bottom of the ramp and say someone needs help 50 feet away. Nah, hurry back to the locker room and brush your hair.
Illinois sucks

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »

The big time catch drivers so from horse to horse without a care about the only people in harness racing that make money.  Can't speak for any of them do they even give back to the game?  A race bike and travel expense's are about there only overhead.  Hard to get past the disrespect for the horse.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »

I'll give Sears a benefit of a doubt and say he was sick over the incident, too.

But yes, as written, this episode sounds disgusting.

Those horses............warriors of the sport.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »

More and more the whole game and how it's run is a complete joke. Judges with their heads up their asses. Commissions totally useless. NY wants to punish owners who use beards yet they'll still license the beard. It's like blaming the accident on the stop sign and not the guy who ran it. To me abuse isn't just the act of cruelty itself, walking away from an animal in pain is just as bad. All the respect I had for Brian went right down the drain.
Flash I so luv your kind and loving compassion for horses it is so obvious to me u are a caring horsemen just like so many of who are disgusted the treatment of these horses by those who hearts have been numb by greed.

Sears will always be viewed as a  pooterrrr putzz what a real life P O S.
What upsets me even more when individuals like u or any one else post such heartlessness we are viewed as the problem because we don't keep our mouths shut!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »

I'll give Sears a benefit of a doubt and say he was sick over the incident, too.

But yes, as written, this episode sounds disgusting.

Those horses............warriors of the sport.

Mr.Ed, I hope you are right and Sears WAS sick over the incident.
Hopefully, my perception of him is wrong, but he never seemed like one of the sports good guys even before this incident...
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »

Anyone remember Herve... and his claimer, Rabbit?   Smiley
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »

Anyone remember Herve... and his claimer, Rabbit?   Smiley
No please share?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »

Watched Oosting assist with horses in distress Many Many times !!!!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »

No please share?

Old crippled claimer that Herve loved... there was an article in Hoof Beats about him a zillion years ago.  I think it was Mark Goldberg who claimed the horse off Herve, he was dead lame... Herve came over to Goldberg's barn to see if this cheap but game old steed was okay (which he wasn't); Herve examined the horse's legs, and told Goldberg exactly what to do with him, and Rabbit returned to his winning ways.
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »

"Watched Oosting assist with horses in distress Many Many times !!!!"

Ooooo has no compassion for any thing or anyone---don't ever kid your self about that!
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »

Old crippled claimer that Herve loved... there was an article in Hoof Beats about him a zillion years ago.  I think it was Mark Goldberg who claimed the horse off Herve, he was dead lame... Herve came over to Goldberg's barn to see if this cheap but game old steed was okay (which he wasn't); Herve examined the horse's legs, and told Goldberg exactly what to do with him, and Rabbit returned to his winning ways.

Great story thumbs up thumbs up
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »

I'm sure Wilderness can find the issue... prolly around '72 or thereabouts.
bangbang553

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »

sears is a pc of sht always treats the grooms and even the owners same way. stand in the paddock of bigm watch horses come back after race every driver except sears has some comment good or bad not brian he throws lines up and walks away
bangbang553

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »

horse wa indian giver scotty d's horse
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »

This just made me sick. Catch drivers need to remember without these horses they're nothing. Anyway, Friday night at Yonkers Sears horse breaks down on the backside, Sears pulls him up and heads for the paddock. Long story short horse snapped his ankle they get back to the ramp and Sears throws up the lines not saying a word to the kid paddocking and walks away. Horse is standing there leg dangling the rest of the race gets back and not a soul helps this kid or the horse. Sears didn't even help him take off the bike. Finally another driver in the race helps the kid out and calls the track vet to do what had to be done. We kid about some of these guys being primadonnas but what the hell? Are you too good to have any compassion? Just leaves me at a loss for words, where's the love and respect for the horses that are the reason for these

The people you find today in harness racing are all about themselves. Horses are just a piece of meat to them. A means to an end. Old school thinking is gone for good. Tubes, needles , all the drugs and other substances they can pound a horse with are the order of the day. If you want compassion and consideration don't go to the barn area. It is almost non-existent. I agree with what you are saying but, you have to know the business has changed long time ago.....and that is for the worst. Too bad they can't take away all that slot money so these people would have to find a real job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: