Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 05:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James (the track announcer) at Philly  (Read 4243 times)
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »

dont sweat the smal stuff James....clubhouse is once again posting simply to hear himself talk.  certainly wont be the last time either head shake

No, I'm just expressing my opinion.
I used to think Bob Myers was an excellant announcer. Most people at Yonkers thought he was monotone and boring. Same call for a 4 claimer as the Cane Pace but I liked him.
Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »

Bobby Myers was a driver, not an announcer.  The announcer's name is Bob Meyer.  And "excellent" does not have an "a" in it.  HTH.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

Bobby Myers was a driver, not an announcer.  The announcer's name is Bob Meyer.  And "excellent" does not have an "a" in it.  HTH.

Sorry if I make mistakes trying to type fast. I didn't realize I was going to be graded on my spelling. Did I up set you because I don't like your announcer friend. ***hole.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 09:34:41 PM »

I find your stupidity quite amusing, even endearing.  Even the baldest parodist would not have gone so far as to actually split "upset" into two words. Truly the mind boggles. 
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

Whether one likes or dislikes an announcer is a matter of taste.   The vast majority of posters on this site love James.  People who can't agree on amything else rush to his defense when he's attacked.  My opinion is that he is an elite race caller.  Just a matter of time until we hear him calling in the big time.  That will mean he's going to the T-breds, unfortunately.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »

Whether one likes or dislikes an announcer is a matter of taste.   The vast majority of posters on this site love James.  People who can't agree on amything else rush to his defense when he's attacked.  My opinion is that he is an elite race caller.  Just a matter of time until we hear him calling in the big time.  That will mean he's going to the T-breds, unfortunately.
thumbs up beer thumbs up A young man who works very hard on a daily basis honing the skills of his craft.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »

A renaissance guy... knowledgeable about a million things under the sun.  T-bred racing would be lucky to get him.
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »

thumbs up beer thumbs up A young man who works very hard on a daily basis honing the skills of his craft.
An a great musician !!!
 thumbs up
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »

Good taste in tunes, too.  Real Steely Dan connoisseur.
JLB

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »

I do wish James would pronounce Yannick's last name correctly. Other than that, no beef. And as for Bob Meyer-who still subs at Saratoga Harness-I would most definitely vote that the monotone and, as noted by a preceding comment, the exact same race call no matter how important or unimportant the race-was really unforgivable.

Kudos to the Dover/Harrington announcer for seeing the race unfold and describing it that way. And I think John Hernan at Yonkers is underrated-he tries to make the crap that passes for Yonkers racing-no movement till the second backstretch-fairly interesting. It's a wonder he can stay awake through the nightly yawn-fest.
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »

JLB:  The "in" in Gingras is the same as the "in" in Martin Brodeur.  In terms of Quebecois French, there are rules--lots of them--but they are adhered to with little deviation.  I understand the trend among my colleagues is to anglicize anything that walks, but in any other sport, the vowels aren't anglicized AT ALL.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »

I like the Chester Guy- doesn't break your ear drums like some announcers or give you too much shtick..

Who cares how he pronounces Yannick Gingras
JLB

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »

Thank you, James, I will defer to your French lesson. I wasn't looking to Anglicize it, just thought it would be more of a "Jin"-gras, with a soft consonant, rather than "Jan"-gras. A tip of the helmet to you.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

he does a better job than roger with that name
Take The Money And Run

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 09:00:45 PM »

No, I'm just expressing my opinion.
I used to think Bob Myers was an excellant announcer. Most people at Yonkers thought he was monotone and boring. Same call for a 4 claimer as the Cane Pace but I liked him.

Meyer was the worst ever. No explaining needed
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:03:07 PM by Take The Money And Run » Report to moderator   Logged
Take The Money And Run

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »

I find your stupidity quite amusing, even endearing.  Even the baldest parodist would not have gone so far as to actually split "upset" into two words. Truly the mind boggles. 

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:39 AM »

Please just call the race and stop with the nonsense. Thank God for Mute.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 03:33:23 AM »

WHY EVEN HAVE ANNOUNCERS
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »

Do the few people that still care about harness racing go to hear an announcer or to see a race? All this jibber jabber about the race accomplishes what? I for one do not want to hear it at all.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »

I think James is a great caller.....Ive seen him standing upstairs at Dover calling the races along with Jack to get in practice for when Chester opens. The only pronunciation I wish he would change is instead of doing that big accent when he pronounces Gilbert Garcia-Herrera's name I wish he would pronounce it Luis Pena......I mean if his goal is to get things exactly right he should call the guy by his real name.

SHOWTIME!!!
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »

The only pronunciation I wish he would change is instead of doing that big accent when he pronounces Gilbert Garcia-Herrera's name I wish he would pronounce it Luis Pena......I mean if his goal is to get things exactly right he should call the guy by his real name.

+1

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »

+1

HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »

WHY EVEN HAVE ANNOUNCERS

Keeneland did that for a while.....It was a complete disaster and people actually care about Keeneland

SHOWTIME!!!
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »

Keeneland did that for a while.....It was a complete disaster and people actually care about Keeneland

One major difference! Keeneland has an actual attendance. trophy laughing guy bang head bang head
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »

Do the few people that still care about harness racing go to hear an announcer or to see a race? All this jibber jabber about the race accomplishes what? I for one do not want to hear it at all.

cotton, mute or those funny headphone looking things i see guys wearing at the range.  take your pick and give us some feedback dude

wow, so even the atmosphere of harness racing makes you  screwy, eh?
obviously a really biiiiiig fan, right folks? laughing guy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: