Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James (the track announcer) at Philly  (Read 4689 times)
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »

the reality is James is just like Jack E Lee thinking racing revolves around him when the reality is he is just a racecaller and should be humble and take criticism but he can't because he forgets racing is the attraction not him and his awful, lispy, nonsense race calls. Take criticism like a man and try and build on it Sir Pompous. Book smarts do not equate to street smarts and proper Grammar. maroon maroon maroon laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Report to moderator   Logged
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »

C'mon Kernel,

Who are you the announcer police?
I am sure you have called many races in your time & therefore a race calling expert.

I have never met James but seems like a great guy.

Kernel  only 1 more thing to say to you.....

LETS GET SERRRRRRIUOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »

Old Virgil Morgan trotter for Joe Muscara
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »

Kernel  only 1 more thing to say to you.....

LETS GET SERRRRRRIUOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+1
 laughing guy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »

I think James, tracker announcer at Chester does an excellent job.
I like the additional commentary he provides. I never liked a race caller like a Bob Meyer-type, who called the same way each race. Simply changed the names of the horses, and wouldnt commit on a photo that was a 1/2 length.  trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »

Thanks for your input
cecil127
the cat batting the VIP mouse!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »

sassy syrinxssss and ssssstir me up got away ssssslowly
sassy syrinxsss isss in ssssixth.
guys a comedian too laughing guy bowing laughing guy

hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it....
Herve Filion
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Pennyless,

Maybe you should pick up some pennies and save some so you won't be penniless.

As far as the class James from Chester, I would like to add a few things:

1)  Many years ago when I was going to make my first trip to beautiful Chester and its exceptional atmosphere with my very young son, James gave me his cell phone number and insisted we come up to his box and view the races from there, the boy absolutely loved the view at his young age.

2)  When James visited Yonkers years ago when one of mine was racing, he joined us in the owners box and requested I personally introduce him to some of the drivers who were not Chester regulars he had not yet met. 

3)  James is constantly working on improving and if you see a race caller at the top of the stands calling a race into a tape recorder to listen to it later, either harness or thoroughbred, that could be James

4)  When I was at a hockey tournament with my son and had made a wager through my OTB account on a Levy race at Yonkers, I wanted to listen to the race but knew I would be out and called James on his cell for the call of the race.

While l expected James to put the phone by the computer speaker to listen to John calling the race, James actually called the race himself.

Penniless, James constantly calls down to the people in the Winners Circle and adds an element of class to the game, not to mention will do anything to improve the game.

Instead of putting him down for your inability to appreciate a very special race caller who happens to be a great guy, please share with us all you have accomplished in harness racing this year and what you have done personally for the sport?

trophy
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »

Pennyless,

Maybe you should pick up some pennies and save some so you won't be penniless.

As far as the class James from Chester, I would like to add a few things:

1)  Many years ago when I was going to make my first trip to beautiful Chester and its exceptional atmosphere with my very young son, James gave me his cell phone number and insisted we come up to his box and view the races from there, the boy absolutely loved the view at his young age.

2)  When James visited Yonkers years ago when one of mine was racing, he joined us in the owners box and requested I personally introduce him to some of the drivers who were not Chester regulars he had not yet met. 

3)  James is constantly working on improving and if you see a race caller at the top of the stands calling a race into a tape recorder to listen to it later, either harness or thoroughbred, that could be James

4)  When I was at a hockey tournament with my son and had made a wager through my OTB account on a Levy race at Yonkers, I wanted to listen to the race but knew I would be out and called James on his cell for the call of the race.

While l expected James to put the phone by the computer speaker to listen to John calling the race, James actually called the race himself.

Penniless, James constantly calls down to the people in the Winners Circle and adds an element of class to the game, not to mention will do anything to improve the game.

Instead of putting him down for your inability to appreciate a very special race caller who happens to be a great guy, please share with us all you have accomplished in harness racing this year and what you have done personally for the sport?

trophy
NICE POST HARRY,,,JAMES IS A GREAT KID,,,AN CLASSY,,,SUM PEEPOLE JUST HATE EVERYWON AN EVERYTING,,,  dunno
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »

I think James, tracker announcer at Chester does an excellent job.
I like the additional commentary he provides. I never liked a race caller like a Bob Meyer-type, who called the same way each race. Simply changed the names of the horses, and wouldnt commit on a photo that was a 1/2 length.  trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter trotter thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Down the backstretch Myakka Prince and Seatrain head to head nose to nose for the lead.........Bullet Bob  thumbs up
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »

Down the backstretch Myakka Prince and Seatrain head to head nose to nose for the lead.........Bullet Bob  thumbs up

Bullet Bob did not scream like the goofs today. Screaming is annoying & does not make the race more exciting.

thumbs up Bob Meyer  thumbs up
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »

Got ya home, Cecil Smiley

Pennyless -- you must be hallucinating.  No lisp to speak of, tenor does not equal effeminate, and I can't find "overannounciate" in Webster for the life of me.

Look up pompous a-s in webster & you will recognize the picture. Your need for grammar, spelling, & vocabulary lessons say a lot about you. It is okay if not everyone likes you. Get over yourself!!!
Jerome B

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »

Look up pompous ash in webster & you will recognize the picture. Your need for grammar, spelling, & vocabulary lessons say a lot about you. It is okay if not everyone likes you. Get over yourself!!!

Exactly how do you really feel about the work of James ? sarcasm
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »

the reality is James is just like Jack E Lee thinking racing revolves around him when the reality is he is just a racecaller and should be humble and take criticism but he can't because he forgets racing is the attraction not him and his awful, lispy, nonsense race calls. Take criticism like a man and try and build on it Sir Pompous. Book smarts do not equate to street smarts and proper Grammar. maroon maroon maroon laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

"Sir Pompous"?  That the best you can come up with?

The REALITY is I take criticism openly . . . from literate people who are able to plausibly defend their criticism.  As far as "build[ing] on it" goes, that requires sound criticism with solid defence, much more like solid high ground than flooding in Lodi.

The REALITY is my role as commentator exists to provide a service to the betting public and to the backstretch public . . . passing on narratives that are rich in information, concerning trip, pace, track bias, and anything else of note I may observe.

The REALITY is I make the effort to pronounce the names of the participants with due accuracy, often times speaking to the owners of the names themselves to ensure accuracy, despite individuals with a more provincial mindset downright mocking my showing common courtesy to the participants named above.

The REALITY is that I have a strong background in choral music, which requires at least basic knowledge of pronunciation of Latin, French, German, Italian, etc.  While some has lapsed, much remains, and that which has lapsed is quickly reset when double-checking pronunciations with owners of names in said languages.

The REALITY is anything which can be empirically proven as factual.  The sky is blue; my fiancée's name is Lauren; the Eisenhower backs up on Friday afternoons.  These statements are reality.  The statement that I have a lisp can be empirically proven FALSE, and is therefore not reality.  This is made more evident by the fact that none agree with you on that point.

The REALITY is I treat every individual with the same level of respect they give me.  There are folks who don't like my racecalling, or my piano-playing, or my politics, or my religion, or whatever, but we can agree to disagree and be civil--even friends.  However, when blubbering buffoons who are clearly delusional as a result of the aftermath of flooding in Lodi or some other horrific thing such as same take empty shots and can't defend them when called onto the carpet, I have no patience for them.  In fact, I'm tired of their inability to engage in civil dialogue "like a man" as you say.  Zzzzzzzz.  Clearly you aren't the authority on all in this world, as you seem to think I have a lisp.

Ah!  You accuse my racecalls of being "nonsense", you list a few things you don't like, but can't defend them soundly.  Yet you post pictures that add no content to the discussion.  That's far more nonsensical than anything you deem as such--and I'm not pompous enough to call it "reality" . . . that's just my perception, and my defence is above.

Oh, and how's the flooding in Lodi?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:38:02 PM by JamesWR » Report to moderator   Logged
Jerome B

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »

Bullet Bob did not scream like the goofs today. Screaming is annoying & does not make the race more exciting.

thumbs up Bob Meyer  thumbs up

JK....I highly repect your opinion (yes its me) and there are many ways to call a race, many styles. Nobody can match Larry L because hes a unique, knowlegeable and  a great race caller who doesnt miss anything and is accurate and I for one enjoy the humorous touch, Always have, dating way back

However, being  you are an anti-screamer, I would love to hear your opinion of a legendary  Canadian race caller ( 50 years or so) who calls them in the Maritime Provinces including the famed Gold Cup and Saucer at Charlottetown.

Can you honestly say he doesnt add to the atmosphere and excitement ? His name is Vance Cameron. Im guessing you wont like him , but its worth a listen.  Hes they type you either like or hate. They love him at that track--thats for sure

See you at the Meadowlands by the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCN2oTsrabc
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »

WOW! I got a good laugh listening to that call. I'm guessing that the announcer is an acquired taste.
jdizigg

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:06 AM »

WOW! I got a good laugh listening to that call. I'm guessing that the announcer is an acquired taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwzaBUKCRA

just takes two to acquire.  The guy is awesome....  NOBODY loves harnessracing more than me. If roger stops calling the Jug they should have this guy for the jug that would be AWESOME.  I will also say i appreciate james calls too.  They are different but he does a great job and its his style...
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2012, 06:32:11 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwzaBUKCRA

just takes two to acquire.  The guy is awesome....  NOBODY loves harnessracing more than me. If roger stops calling the Jug they should have this guy for the jug that would be AWESOME.  I will also say i appreciate james calls too.  They are different but he does a great job and its his style...

This guy sure has alot of energy.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »

Announcer with severe case of verbal Diarrhea. Get over yourself Jimmy Boy. You are a race caller and not a nuclear scientist. I guess if everyone doesn't like you then you can't handle the criticism. I think you are a show boat and plain awful but thanks for trying. Great Grammar lessons on your last post but you are not an Engwish Tea Chur just a twack anoun sir. Reality Check please. maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon

Glad you also agree Jk's Best. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
 laughing guy laughing guy
he sure does not handle criticism well like he said. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy   Not Lodi but good try Jimmy and fyi many gay men beard as straight. Congrats on Lauren.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:00:03 AM by popcorn pennyless » Report to moderator   Logged
Sam R

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 07:52:44 AM »

Myakka Prince and Seatrain were long gone by the time the Bullet worked in NY.
Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »

Announcer with severe case of verbal Diarrhea.

I've never known diarrhea to be so succinct, Dickie Boy.

Get over yourself Jimmy Boy.

After you, Dickie Boy.

You are a race caller and not a nuclear scientist.

Guess wearing many hats isn't something you can comprehend, eh, Dickie Boy?  For the record, yesterday consisted of calling races, laying out the framework of a press release, generating call sheets for two tracks, two hours of practicing Hammond B-3 organ, and a jazz duo gig.  Nuclear scientist I am not, but more qualified than you, Dickie Boy.

I guess if everyone doesn't like you then you can't handle the criticism.

Last I checked, Dickie Boy, I was the civil one here.  You see here, son, societies have rules by which people in them abide.  In ours, one of them deals with how to talk to people.  If you want people to respect you, you treat them with respect.  That means you don't call them names, you don't say bad things about them, especially when those bad things aren't true.  Lying about someone is very bad, Dickie Boy.

I think you are a show boat and plain awful

On what grounds, Dickie Boy?

but thanks for trying.

This alone is more patronizing than my entire rant above, Dickie Boy.

Great Grammar lessons on your last post

I never touched grammar on the last post, son.  Just usage.

but you are not an Engwish Tea Chur just a twack anoun sir.

Dickie Boy's trying to do an Elmer Fudd impersonation?  Aww.  How cute! Smiley

Reality Check please. maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon

The REALITY is I have no more to contribute to you.  Say whatever the hell you want with no consequence, because clearly those are the rules you play by, Dickie Boy.  You are incapable of being civil, as you've proven time and again.  How you get along from day to day without the ability to be civil baffles me to no end.  Merry Christmas, son.

Glad you also agree Jk's Best. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

@Clubhouse:  Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago.  Incredible rivalries back in the heyday.  Wish I could have been around to see them.

popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 08:03:57 AM »

Dear James,
                Please learn to handle criticism and maybe you will one day be an average announcer. Get rid of the Lisp, Pompous & Holier than Thou act and maybe people like Jk's Best, myself and many others who think you are just plain awful may listen. Thanks for the Lodi comment but not close. Basically, no matter what your edumacation your race calling leaves lots to be desired. You sure are a baby since you message many on facebook complaining that I think you're an awful announcer. Being a loud mouth and condescending kid is no way to go thru life. Have a nice weekend. laughing guy

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:13:07 AM by popcorn pennyless » Report to moderator   Logged
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »

Penniless,

There's no need for posting your own baby pictures on the website.
popcorn pennyless

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »

Thanks Harry but it was directed and Mr. Culture & Crybaby Jimmy witwrong. Guy dishes it out and then cries to others when people disagree. I love little kids telling me about culture and all they do  in one day. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy Guy wouldn't have a clue about doing charity work and helping the less fortunate. Should I boast like Jimmy does? maroon maroon maroon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: