Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 07:36:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Brivolta  (Read 2896 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:02 PM »

This has been one of the most inspiring local stories about horse racing on the local level this year. What makes it more special is that it happen to what appears to be good people, that the sport needs more of. I know what it means to get the family involved and it truly makes for a lot of great times. Heres hoping for your continued success and look forward to your posts keeping us informed.  beer
Report to moderator   Logged
brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »

Brivolta -- I feel like a broken record every time she runs well, because all I can come up with is, "that's so cool!"

But really, THAT IS SO COOL!

She just keeps running huge races and has turned into a brilliant kind of claim.

Congrats to you and Steve and everyone involved on doing some really excellent work with her. And your attitude about the whole thing just makes it even more fun to root for you all. Hope she keeps it up for you!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »

This has been one of the most inspiring local stories about horse racing on the local level this year. What makes it more special is that it happen to what appears to be good people, that the sport needs more of. I know what it means to get the family involved and it truly makes for a lot of great times. Heres hoping for your continued success and look forward to your posts keeping us informed.  beer

Not gonna lie Mel, this post actually brought tears to my eyes. It's been the thrill of a lifetime for my entire family. This has been a dream of mine and my dad's since I was a little kid when horse racing was te first thing we actually ever bonded over. Horses and horse racing will always be more than just a sport to me.

I can't say enough how much Steve has meant in making this happen. From turning down suggested claims, to te care he gives for all of his horses. He has been amazing.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »

Brivolta -- I feel like a broken record every time she runs well, because all I can come up with is, "that's so cool!"

But really, THAT IS SO COOL!

She just keeps running huge races and has turned into a brilliant kind of claim.

Congrats to you and Steve and everyone involved on doing some really excellent work with her. And your attitude about the whole thing just makes it even more fun to root for you all. Hope she keeps it up for you!

No worries, as "cool" is a perfect way to describe it. I don't know how many of you have been there the last couple times she has won, but I'm sure the spectacle that my dad, son and I create with our celebrating is quite entertaining Smiley

Funny story...when we drive up for her races we always go straight to the barn to see her and wish her good luck and tell her to come back safe. We saw her groom and I asked how she was feeling. He said (in his best english) "she's so happy. She will win. She's always so happy." it's funny but it's true. she loves what she does!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »

Didn't think your mammal could beat that tough field, but couldn't bring myself to bet against... you saved me money.

Meanwhile, what does poor Paraskevas Yanez have to say about all this?  Wink
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »

Didn't think your mammal could beat that tough field, but couldn't bring myself to bet against... you saved me money.

Meanwhile, what does poor Paraskevas Yanez have to say about all this?  Wink

I wasn't sure if she could or not. What I did know was that she would try like hell because she always does!

Ha! I can't imagine what he thinks about it. Even moreso the previous owners. They had also been the breeder so I'm sure they aren't thrilled about it. Hopefully they're at least happy for her, even though I'm sure they aren't happy about the business side of it.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Just keep her out of claimers... Paraskevas DiVito might take her.  Wink
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

Just keep her out of claimers... Paraskevas DiVito might take her.  Wink

She won't be in claiming races any time soon. I'm just grateful no one took her for $14k in that first start of the meet. I guess next she will go into open state bred or nw2x allowance. The nice thing is she qualifies for 7500 starters all next year as well. I har a feeling she won't be running at my home track very often this summer Smiley
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »

Just keep her out of claimers... Paraskevas DiVito might take her.  Wink

Shhhhhh! Don't tell him that!  She really sucks Brian.  $3200 at Fairmount is a good spot lol.  Congrats again.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »

Shhhhhh! Don't tell him that!  She really sucks Brian.  $3200 at Fairmount is a good spot lol.  Congrats again.

Lol! Thanks Dano!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »

I was gonna call Paraskevas Rivelli, but will hold off.  Cheesy
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »

I was gonna call Paraskevas Rivelli, but will hold off.  Cheesy

He actually helped Steve convince me that Camagin was a better claim than another horse I was looking at. Last I saw him he said he should have just claimed her himself. That was before the last two allowance wins Smiley
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

I'm not talking to Paraskevas "Costanza" Catalano, who cost me a few bucks yesterday.   Angry Angry Angry Angry
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

I'm not talking to Paraskevas "Costanza" Catalano, who cost me a few bucks yesterday.   Angry Angry Angry Angry

Second race? He got me on that one too.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »

No, a distance race at the back of the card... the thing Good Chemistry won.
Prairie

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

No worries, as "cool" is a perfect way to describe it. I don't know how many of you have been there the last couple times she has won, but I'm sure the spectacle that my dad, son and I create with our celebrating is quite entertaining Smiley

Funny story...when we drive up for her races we always go straight to the barn to see her and wish her good luck and tell her to come back safe. We saw her groom and I asked how she was feeling. He said (in his best english) "she's so happy. She will win. She's always so happy." it's funny but it's true. she loves what she does!

Speaking of bringing "tears to my eyes".....this post did it for me!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »

Speaking of bringing "tears to my eyes".....this post did it for me!

I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the love for Camagin from this forum. Shes brought us so much happiness and its cool to be able to share it with people who understand and appreiate the feelings and the stories. You guys are all awesome! And I mean that. I had a poster from here introduce himself to me before the race yesterday and then congratulate me afterwards. It meant a lot. I hope to meet more of you all. Im sure for some on here the stories are nauseating, but this is my first experience with this and I love sharing it.

The poster who introduced himself yesterday sent me a message later saying that when his wife saw me, my dad, and my son celebrating she told him that maybe down the road they could consider becoming owners in the future. I loved hearing that and I hope they get to experience it.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »

GULFSTREAM!!  Wink
dana

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

Very very happy for you!!! Congrats to u and Steve!! Looks like you found your golden girl!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »

Very very happy for you!!! Congrats to u and Steve!! Looks like you found your golden girl!!!

Thanks Dana!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: