Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 09:38:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Brivolta  (Read 2732 times)
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

What does trainer Paraskevas Manley have to say about all this?  Cheesy
Report to moderator   Logged
threegoodlegsst

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 07:06:33 PM »

Huh                 nyah
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »

Of course we are aiming for that and SHE makes the decisions....we abide hahaha

Best of luck. I have a feeling we will be running into each other in the nw2x race in the spring!
threegoodlegsst

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »

Now I know who you are as saw you in the Winner's Circle I will introduce myself next time.  Our filly is my baby, literally, I delivered her and she saw me first hahaha. She nursed off a mare but picked ME for her mom.

For the NW2 BRING IT!  Smiley  (and good luck too as your filly is a good girl)
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

Now I know who you are as saw you in the Winner's Circle I will introduce myself next time.  Our filly is my baby, literally, I delivered her and she saw me first hahaha. She nursed off a mare but picked ME for her mom.

For the NW2 BRING IT!  Smiley  (and good luck too as your filly is a good girl)

Ya, I was a little excited that day Smiley That must be a special thrill to see her grow and progress.

Look forward to meeting you!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

Just got a call from Steve. He was planning on shutting her down after that race but said he's going to run her back in the nw2x on the 27th. He said she's feeling good and wants to go to the track. That filly is stubborn!
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »

Congrats B... you made that claim look so good everbody will want to do it!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »

Congrats B... you made that claim look so good everbody will want to do it!

Thanks Dano! I have to give all the credit to Steve. I could have been stuck with one of the others had he just wanted to fill a stall. I'll say this, even though I know it's rare for a claim to work out that well, she has gotten me hooked. I hope to be able to add one or two in the spring. They're amazing animals.

Funny you say that about everybody wanting to do it. I have a friend in Chicago that is an industry colleague of mine. He came to the race Thursday and got to be in the winner's circle pic too. He called me Friday and said that was the most thrilling thing he had ever seen, and he's trying to talk his wife into letting him claim a Tbred. Ha! Hey...the more the merrier!

How is Melva doing after her incident?
dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 10:54:22 PM »

Thanks Dano! I have to give all the credit to Steve. I could have been stuck with one of the others had he just wanted to fill a stall. I'll say this, even though I know it's rare for a claim to work out that well, she has gotten me hooked. I hope to be able to add one or two in the spring. They're amazing animals.

Funny you say that about everybody wanting to do it. I have a friend in Chicago that is an industry colleague of mine. He came to the race Thursday and got to be in the winner's circle pic too. He called me Friday and said that was the most thrilling thing he had ever seen, and he's trying to talk his wife into letting him claim a Tbred. Ha! Hey...the more the merrier!

How is Melva doing after her incident?

She breezed Monday in 49:3 with a light hold on her and no stick.  She's 95% and we are close to entering.  She was very sore when I claimed her and with the 3 months off she has come back stronger than ever.  She is a lot of horse to handle in the morning, but clearly talented.  Would really like to run her state bred, but given the situation I don't see that in the cards.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 07:56:34 AM »

She breezed Monday in 49:3 with a light hold on her and no stick.  She's 95% and we are close to entering.  She was very sore when I claimed her and with the 3 months off she has come back stronger than ever.  She is a lot of horse to handle in the morning, but clearly talented.  Would really like to run her state bred, but given the situation I don't see that in the cards.

Good to hear she wasn't injured too bad. Hopefully by spring things will be back to normal at Hawthorne and you can get her into the state bred race. Or maybe try the poly in the summer???
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »

Thanks Terry! We are very fortunate to have our first claim work out so well. Trust me...I know this is the exception rather than the rule.

It was funny, my dad and I decided that if she won we were just going to leave right away I beat Chicago traffic and head back to St Louis since she would be in the detention barn. But we both felt guilty not waiting to see her afterwards. Not like she would give a damn...but she's become part of the family.

Also, shout out to Tim Thornton. Not only did he give her an unbelievable trip, but what a nice guy. He must have thanked us ten times for the chance to ride her. He also remembered my son from last time and he told me next time I brought him up to let him know and he would give him a tour of the jocks room. Talk about a guy who gets it! Good to see him back!

Just wanted to share a quick story. Yesterday I texted Tim to tell him we are entered for this weekend and to see if it was still okay to have my little guy tour the jocks room with him. I sent him the text about 20 minutes after the 9th race ended. Within five minutes, he CALLED me to work out the logistics. He couldn't have been any nicer about it and sat on the phone and chatted with me like we were old friends. I don't know how many athletes would be so accommodating.

I'm not Midwest Thoroughbreds or Bill Stiritz. I own one horse and she would never be confused with Zenyatta. So he's not doing it to help line his wallet. I think he genuinely enjoys what he does and is appreciative of his opportunities and successes. He even thanked me for giving him his first mount back from the injury. What a humble and gracious person. I'm glad he is riding back for us this weekend, regardless of the result of the race.
Prairie

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

Thanks for sharing this story, Brivolta!  Tim seems like such a terrific guy (I've heard similar stories from other people, as well). 
Thanks, too, for sharing your family's experience with racing.  In an industry headlined by big money, big barns, world-renowned trainers, etc., it's really special to hear how one family, with their one horse, is having so much fun!
Best wishes for this weekend!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »

Thanks for sharing this story, Brivolta!  Tim seems like such a terrific guy (I've heard similar stories from other people, as well). 
Thanks, too, for sharing your family's experience with racing.  In an industry headlined by big money, big barns, world-renowned trainers, etc., it's really special to hear how one family, with their one horse, is having so much fun!
Best wishes for this weekend!

Thanks Prairie! When we did this, we considered our $7500 to be gone and just hoped she would make enough to cover her monthly costs. It's been pretty surreal what she's accomplished.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »

Just wanted to share a quick story. Yesterday I texted Tim to tell him we are entered for this weekend and to see if it was still okay to have my little guy tour the jocks room with him. I sent him the text about 20 minutes after the 9th race ended. Within five minutes, he CALLED me to work out the logistics. He couldn't have been any nicer about it and sat on the phone and chatted with me like we were old friends. I don't know how many athletes would be so accommodating.

I'm not Midwest Thoroughbreds or Bill Stiritz. I own one horse and she would never be confused with Zenyatta. So he's not doing it to help line his wallet. I think he genuinely enjoys what he does and is appreciative of his opportunities and successes. He even thanked me for giving him his first mount back from the injury. What a humble and gracious person. I'm glad he is riding back for us this weekend, regardless of the result of the race.
thumbs up thumbs up horse horse great story Brivolta trophy trophy
Chris Szulc

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »

Camagin wins again, this time an open n1x allowance, and pays a $29.20 mutuel. Way to go!!  thumbs up thumbs up
UncleEddiesPal

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »

Bri-

Happy to see you won again! congrats and as long as you are in jail up here you might as well take some purse money. Well done and safe journeys back home! beer
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »

Thanks guys! She runs so hard every time! And Thornton made the photog stay and take a picture of just him and my son. What a good dude.

I can't believe how this fill is running!!!
Prairie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »

Camagin wins again, this time an open n1x allowance, and pays a $29.20 mutuel. Way to go!!  thumbs up thumbs up

WOW!  Congratulations!!!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »

WOW!  Congratulations!!!

Thank you! Always makes the drive back to STL seem a lot faster Smiley
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:02 PM »

Congrats and Good Luck with your newest racing partner as well!! trophy
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »

Thanks guys! She runs so hard every time! And Thornton made the photog stay and take a picture of just him and my son. What a good dude.

I can't believe how this fill is running!!!

I had to post here.  That was an amazing win!  I saw your horse and spent more money than usual.  What a filly!  I love her.  It sure doesn't surprise me Tim did something extra special for your son.  What a pair.  Tim and Camagin!   Woo Hoo!
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

Congratulations, Brivolta. What a year you and Camagin have had together. I had a 1-5-8 tri box. If only #1 could have held on for third. Happy New Year to you and may Camagin continue her winning streak throughout 2013 and, of course, always stay safe doing it.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

Thank you Sporthorse. I hope the new member is half the fun that Camagin has been!

Pam, thanks that means a lot. Hope you cashed well...I was shocked she was 13/1. I know I'm biased but I thought that was too high for her. Luckily no one told her Smiley and you are so right about Tim. Pure class...and a great rider to boot!

Mary Ann, sorry you missed your tri. I'm guessing it would have paid well! And like you said, as long as she comes back safe im happy!

I'm always amazed that so many people who have never met take such an interest in each other's successes. I know I always look at entries for people from here an it's incredibly flattering that you guys do the same. I'm glad I found this place!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »

I was SHOCKED she was 13-1!   And very happy at the same time.  I still have NO idea how "we" got that price.  She made my YEAR on betting.  I gave her to 2 others and they were very grateful.

clover  For her forever!
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »

I was SHOCKED she was 13-1!   And very happy at the same time.  I still have NO idea how "we" got that price.  She made my YEAR on betting.  I gave her to 2 others and they were very grateful.

clover  For her forever!

Nice job Pam! I just watched the replay on TVG and Paul was stunned that she paid 29. He had nice things to say about her. That was cool to see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: