Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 14, 2014, 11:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race horse neglect case  (Read 1397 times)
onthebit1

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:21:40 AM »

http://www.kcchronicle.com/2012/11/27/burlington-township-woman-gives-up-13-horses-in-care-complaint/ai2lwqq/

This Beers woman has been getting horses from Hawthorne and Arlington for about 3-4 years. She has starved dozens and 9 are dead that we know of...others remain missing. Owners and trainers please DO NOT give your horses to this woman!

She is currently licensed as a hotwalker and is frequently on the backstretch and at the grandstand. We are working to have her licensed pulled, but as of today, she is unbelievably still licensed!!

Beers also purports herself to be a lay-up facility. She has also starved horses in her care that she was being PAID to care for.

The article is only the tip of the iceburg as to what we know about this womans lengthy history of equine neglect and abuse...please spread the word to fellow horsemen.     
Report to moderator   Logged
onthebit1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »

We currently have 2 of the starved horses in our care including King Cielo - 14 year old Thoroughbred stallion who earned over $218k. Beers has owned and starved King repeatedly over the past 4 years. 2 years ago we tried to get her to relinquish King along with another stallion  Mr. Michael, but Beers refused to do so, and authorities failed to impound the horses.

King's 4 year long nightmare is now over, but he faces a long road to recovery. Mr.Michael is nowhere to be found, and we fear he too is dead. We also have a 2 year old unregistered TB filly in our care. Another Beers victim, this filly is coming 3 years old, but is the size and weight of a yearling.

Photos of King and the filly (Bling) can be seen on our website www.ilehc.org 

Two horses have died at Beers hands in the past month. Howee and Forty Ensueno. They are but 2 in a long list of dead TB's that people have given to Beers.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »

Jose bentencort won his first race on forty ensueno.  My husband was hs trainer, briefly.  After that race, he gave the horse back to Jan Eli because he was sore.  We were told he was going to a nice farm.  That is absolutely terrible.
ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »

Wally's granddaughter moved him with Angela, against the better judgement of some of us.  We are sick about it.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »

Onthebit,
Have you talked to the director of Security at Hawthorne ?   His name is Dennis.  I had an opportunity to meet with him recently about this outbreak, and can tell you that he cares.  I believe if anyone can help with re-evaluating her lic. Status, it woud be him.  If not, he would know who would.
He has an open door attitude and m sure if you called the switchboard, they will have his ext.

She definitely shouldn't be roaming around the backside. 

It sounds like she has literally "hoarded" horses....
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »

Well per gaps seeing the evidence of these pictures and the newspaper story maybe we can all agree that particular individual doesn't belong warrant race track or horse so maybe we can all send letters to the racing boardtelling them how we feel about her having a liscense ?
When liscense is revoked in one state it is very hard for these types to set up camp in the next state!
But I honestly don't give a damn if it's this one states buisness these situations are every where!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
onthebit1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »

The IRB has been provided with all the documents we have regarding investigations of Beers. IRB is also in contact with the IL Dept of Ag. and we are hopeful that Beers license will soon be revoked.

She has left a long trail of dead former racehorses in her wake. Please be mindful that she also purports herself to be a lay-up farm and has actually gotten a few trainers to send her horses:(
Horsemen beware.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »

The moderator doesn't think I should be concerned about horses outside of my state but I have to say I am saddened by your story and think it was smart of you to warn horse owners and trainers about this woman.

How does one watch horses suffer like this? 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »

The moderator doesn't think I should be concerned about horses outside of my state but I have to say I am saddened by your story and think it was smart of you to warn horse owners and trainers about this woman.

U no I don't care what state they affect horses every where and I go after them with a vigance personally I've will be sending message even from California!
Because unless all of us racing every where let racing boards know  khow we feel about theses situations we are saying its okay and it's not okay!
I don't want people like this abuser moving to otherstates and carrying on with this behavior !
Horse enthusiast must fight against many thins saying nothing is saying its okay !
It just isn't ok

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »

I agree it's not OK.  I wonder how this woman has gotten away with this. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

I agree it's not OK.  I wonder how this woman has gotten away with this. 
I think it's kind of obvious they have trained people to keep their mouth shut !

Amazing to me how many years it's gone on?
Maybe they were afraid of two gents coming after them for deformation of charecter and spreading lies?

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »

WHOAAAAAAAAA pammy.....where did anyone say they didnt' feel you should care about horses no matter where they are??  what you are referring to has nothing to do with CARING about horses!!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

There is a woman near saratoga ny- had 17 horses pulled from her last yr- cited, fined, etc etc......2 wks ago - 11 more were dropped on her farm....she's calling herself a 'rescue' now.....they r in decent shape right now - but she is being closely watched by the local aspca and they have 'planted' a volunteer on the farm to help care for them....it seems the low life 'hide in the woods' abusers just keep on rolling....they only ban the big names like paragallo....s.m.h.v.v.h...another problem is that some of these people actually think they ARE helping - they hoard the horses/cats/ dogs/ whatever - take them in cuz no one wants them, or so they won't be slaughtered - never realizing how much time, energy and money it takes to care for and feed them properly.....its' a very sad, vicious circle.....with no ending in site.... Sad
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:04:31 PM by Alpha Mare » Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: