Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 11:57:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Terry and HV Forum  (Read 8353 times)
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »

look babe...can i all you babe ?

you need to quit wasting your time reading this boring crap, and send me some of those slutty emails you've been sedning out to everyone elese but me..

wink wink...nudge nudge ... beard

hey sec....check yer email..... laughing guy nyah
Report to moderator   Logged

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

well..with the slot enhanced purses....they stand to make more than at gulf or fg in all actuality.....and why 'give' the meet to ramon again.....

Have you heard of any others who may be staying or coming in fresh?  A few years back DaSilva came from Woodbine and was doing ok until he got hurt.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »

Have you heard of any others who may be staying or coming in fresh?  A few years back DaSilva came from Woodbine and was doing ok until he got hurt.

Louie , i really have not been following the big a yet....busy time of yr and my dad is not healthy and my mom is worried so......you'll prolly find out stuff before i do! Smiley

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »

Dominguez was not riding at Aquedump today, and the remaining jockey colony might as well have come from Charles Town, save for Cornelio Velasquez, who's 87 years old in any event.  I think some trainers are just grabbing Hispanic guys off Cross Bay Blvd. randomly and putting them up on horses willy-nilly.

As for the complaints voiced above about HV and Hamas & Biased Terrorist, they are not just unfair but ridiculous.  Both are literate and know the sport well, and as an added bonus, Horse Voice has actually watched and bet on races in the last five years to boot, by jings.  Whatever their personal idiosyncrasies, they make the t-bred board readable, even as many interesting posters from the t-bred side appear to have long since headed for the tall grass.  Having communicated with a few, and read the posts of others, I can tell you that, by and large, it's not the HV/HBT posts that have been a turnoff.

HV doesn't suffer fools gladly, and HBT makes Ahmadinejad sound moderate on Israel, but, my 2 cents, they are decided assets to the t-bred board, and their arguments are fun and often funny, even informative.  Pam seemed like a nice lady, but IMO, she was (and is) wildly wrong about these laddies.  Face it, horseplayers are a cynical and sarcastic lot, generally... definitely not the {{{{{{hugs}}}}} type.  Better one carefully argued dispute between those two than ten more threads about Jesus Castanon's bowling average or Scott Spieth thinking about changing agents.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »

Yimmy, Dominguez is out through Christmas with a foot injury and Aqueduct is dark from December 17-25.

sporthorse, I'm anti-slaughter, the same stance as the Thoroughbred racing industry, and I financially help out the retired horses. Earlier in the year, I purchased a truckload of hay, that's 50 bales, for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation. If you have the Old Friends calendar for 2013, I purchased the date March 15th for my husband's birthday for $100 (you can read my message if you have the calendar). I regularly send checks to other rescue groups and farms so I do practice what I preach but, I have to admit, sometimes I'm pissed in sending these checks because I know a lot of the former horse owners made a lot of money with their horses and are now doing diddly to support them. But, I'm doing it for the horses and not these deadbeats.

If you practice what you preach, you must be eating horse meat. When's your next horse steak dinner? Do you want that rare, medium or well done and do you want a side (effect) with that like aplastic anemia or leukemia? Once a horse gets bute, they are no longer eligible to become a food source because bute is a carcinogen. The market for horse meat will be greatly reduced in July of 2013 when the EU's drug regulations for horse meat go into effect. If there are so many good and caring individuals now who abuse and neglect their horses, what's going to happen when all of the really mean and nasty ones come out of the woodwork who are stuck with their horses? What's your plan to tackle this issue? Read and learn:

http://horsebackmagazine.com/hb/archives/17163

http://www.forbes.com/sites/vickeryeckhoff/2012/06/18/how-safe-is-that-horse-meat/3/

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/07/horse-slaughter-sides-agree-on-food-safety-problem/
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »

While I genuinely applaud your dedication, what does any of that stuff have to do with HV and Terry?
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »

Yimmy, slaughter was brought up earlier in this topic.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

I don't think either Terry or HV advocate it.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »

Yimmy, I believed it tied in with Pam's love of horses. I don't think Terry or HV will mind the diversion.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:41 PM »

I'm an animal lover; my family has six indoor cats here, we feed countless numbers of outdoor cats, and my wife and I both volunteered at a nearby animal shelter.  But that has nothing to do with my presence here, which stems from the fact that  I, um, like to read interesting stuff about handicapping posted by knowledgeable fellow horseplayers. This is why I poked my proboscis into this thread, namely because there's precious little of that sort of commentary around on any board, and these two posters have been known to provide a pretty fair amount of it.

I doubt there are five people at this board who actually DON'T like horses, and I would guess none favor their slaughter.  But that's not the real issue on this thread, regardless of whether someone brought it up before.  Shit, someone accuses someone else of being insufficiently enamored of the equine breed on half the threads here.  It's such an overdone theme ("YOU DON'T LOVE HORSES AS MUCH AS I DO!!) that I barely even read those posts any more, to the extent that I ever did.     

Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »

Yimmy, this topic was never intended to be about handicapping. I prefer that it would have been too. Good job you are doing with the cats.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »

Slaughter would be a good way to wipe out a bunch of the goofballs on the forum, but not tough enough to do the time so gotta let them skate and ....
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »

Slaughter would be a good way to wipe out a bunch of the goofballs on the forum, but not tough enough to do the time so gotta let them skate and ....

Expressions of death wishes for other forum members are severely frowned upon here. And hey, you never can tell, there might be someone out there who considers YOU a goofball ...

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2012, 12:24:45 AM »

OYE VEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2012, 01:55:14 AM »

I'm an animal lover; my family has six indoor cats here, we feed countless numbers of outdoor cats

Aha. ANOTHER forum cat lady.  Grin

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »

Um...I feed the strays, too.

I'd rather have cats roaming the 'hood than vermin. I rarely see the latter, which is a hard thing to maintain in my overcrowded, garbage-cans-overflowing-by-midweek barrio.

Them feral cats are a local asset.
Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »

It is acknowledged that the use of "radical rhetoric" to motivate moderate thought was misguided and misplaced.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »

yay! i volunteer 3 days a week at a cat rescue....2 days at adoption clinic at petco and one day at the rescue itself - where i work with the timid semi feral cats and play with the kittens and get them all socialized so they can be adopted..since i have 4 of my own, i foster 1-2 at a time - i would take more if i could....

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2012, 01:28:46 PM »

The shelter got flooded when Sandy hit and the cats had to be removed to various "safe houses"... it was done, and done efficiently.  We visited one of them... a homeowner who had his/her house on the market generously made the entire house available, and there had to be at least 120 cats in cages there.  I'm always partial to the tabbies, they're almost always feisty and fun... but they had one regal white Persian there... he'd been found during the storm and he was very much a "people cat."  My wife wanted to take him, but we both figured he'd just gotten displaced during the flooding and would be picked up shortly by his owner, which in fact did happen.  In any event, the house was overrun with volunteers; people really do care.   

..and quite by coincidence, Promise Me A Cat just won the 3rd at Aqua Duck.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

..and quite by coincidence, Promise Me A Cat just won the 3rd at Aqua Duck.

Cat horses, Kitty horses, and for some reason Bear horses ... always a good bet.

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »

Better than those goddamned Nijinskys back in the day. 
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »

as the posters here know....i always bet the cat, kitten, kitty, kit horses....no matter the odds....also 'animal ' exacta boxes....caught 2011 derby  due to derby 'kitten' being part of the 'animal' kingdom and nehro was my key horse...Smiley

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »

I used to like to bet firsters and babies back in the day who had the words "Prospect" or "Gold" in their names.  But that was a different issue, of course.   Wink

Give Medaglia D'Oro's record, it the "Gold" thing may still apply. Smiley
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »

sporthorse, I'm anti-slaughter, the same stance as the Thoroughbred racing industry, and I financially help out the retired horses. Earlier in the year, I purchased a truckload of hay, that's 50 bales, for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation. If you have the Old Friends calendar for 2013, I purchased the date March 15th for my husband's birthday for $100 (you can read my message if you have the calendar). I regularly send checks to other rescue groups and farms so I do practice what I preach but, I have to admit, sometimes I'm pissed in sending these checks because I know a lot of the former horse owners made a lot of money with their horses and are now doing diddly to support them. But, I'm doing it for the horses and not these deadbeats.

If you practice what you preach, you must be eating horse meat. When's your next horse steak dinner? Do you want that rare, medium or well done and do you want a side (effect) with that like aplastic anemia or leukemia? Once a horse gets bute, they are no longer eligible to become a food source because bute is a carcinogen. The market for horse meat will be greatly reduced in July of 2013 when the EU's drug regulations for horse meat go into effect. If there are so many good and caring individuals now who abuse and neglect their horses, what's going to happen when all of the really mean and nasty ones come out of the woodwork who are stuck with their horses? What's your plan to tackle this issue?

I commend for your help and your compassion for the cause. Do not be so hasty to judge me. I have rescued more broke down race horses than you can imagine. I used to follow the killer van out of the track and buy up the horrses I thought I could fix and find a new career for. All were placed in loving caring homes and went on to live productive lives. It too sickens me at the way some owners "use up" these horses and then toss them like garbage! In a perfect world, a portion of the horses earnings would be put in a fund towards his retirement similar to SS.But thats not the reality of the equine world is it? Im familiar with the new standards being put into place. But in all honesty I think it is going to be a real devastation when this goes into effect. IMO there simply are not enough caring people green pastures and deep pockets to fund all the unwanted horses. Horses can live for up to well into their thirtys. I cant think of many people who can sustain that type of drain in todays economy. Maybe my view has been somewhat hardened as I have seen horses that were starved to death literally. To me that is far more horrible than being euthanized humanely. So my plan is to send everyone your name and address and phone number and then that way when this plethera of unwanted underfed sickly diseased horses come your way you will be sure to open your checkbook and start signing away!
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

sporthorse, I'm already doing my fair share. It seems you agree there is going to be real problem if provisions are not made soon. That EU deadline is only 7 months away. In my opinion, anyone who profits from the horses needs to be charged a percentage of that profit to provide for the aftercare. Glad to hear you have helped horses who needed your help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:54:26 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: