Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 07:15:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Terry and HV Forum  (Read 8586 times)
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »

as i was re -reading thru this mish mosh thread

look babe...can i all you babe ?

you need to quit wasting your time reading this boring crap, and send me some of those slutty emails you've been sedning out to everyone elese but me..

wink wink...nudge nudge ... beard
Report to moderator   Logged

Certified Derbytologist
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2012, 08:30:23 PM »

Alpha, I don't think slaughter is the answer or solution. They are slaughtered for the purpose of food production. U.S. horses are not fit for human consumption or for consumption by other animals, such as dogs, cats or zoo animals because of all of the drugs these horses were given. I take a hardline approach with those people who don't take care of their horses. Penalties need to be imposed for animal abuse and neglect. I know rescue groups would prefer to accept horses from their owners than to have to outbid kill buyers at the auctions to rescue them. What I've heard from several rescue groups is the only thing preventing them from taking more retirees is the lack of funding. The horse racing industry needs to provide funding to retire and re-train horses and they are attempting to do that in looking at the possibility of getting a small percentage of fees from breeders, purses, etc. for that purpose. It's not responsible people who have created the problem of unwanted horses; it's those who are irresponsible. For those horses who are in pain, suffering and hopeless to save, humane euthanasia is the compassionate choice.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:32:17 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

There are also people breeding grade (no registration) horses. It seems to be at least 250,000 a year and maybe more.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

JR, doesn't that breeding without registration fall into the irresponsible category? Found this from the Humane Society which says the availability of slaughter has allowed this type of breeding to continue:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/horses/tips/responsible_horse_breeding.html
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »

oh puhleaseee! nobody 'ran her off'....she was the one who said she was leaving.....and i don't understand why....fuzzy, you DO realize that most people on racing forums love and care about the horses, yes??  she started it with the opening post....hv called her out on it...if pammy was a guy - i wouldn't even be writing this reply.....i care about the virus at hawthorne as well and that innocent horses are dying....but i'm not gonna get all  pompous about it....i care about the fact that people who once could afford their loved horses no longer can and abandon them to starve in fields....i care about the old, the crippled and the sick ones whose owners can no longer afford to get them vet care.....for these poor horses......the shot in the head is the kindest thing they will feel in months, possibly yrs.....do i advocate horse slaughter? i have to say yes- to an extent and if done humanely - what else do we do with the above mentioned horses ? there are way too many....  the rescues are overfull, people can't afford to adopt/support a horse.....are YOU going to adopt them and bring them home to your farm and care for them? like the people on FB "omg, i'm anti slaughter , and those poor horses, and people should rescue them etc etc etc".....but when asked to rescue just such an old horse, underfed, with navicular disease from yrs of being a solid lesson horse who taught many to ride and show and never refused a jump and in need of daily meds just to STAND comfortably - they respond ' but i can't afford a horse like that, i want a young, sound one"....so they WILL rescue- if they get to 'pick and choose' the horse to rescue - pfft- so much for all those 'caring' anti-slaughter fans.... i just would like to see a humane way of doing it at a govt approved and monitored plant in the US......frig canada!

R u crazy or drink,or on drugs or Pms?

U have bragged how u were o master debater of your class.
U obviously know absolutely nothing about slaughter and have shown to me and every one reading your not much of a moderater either!
You hi jack this thread to expound your bowels on your pro slaughter Cheerios your just like horse fart breath , if Cheerios were aZz hole gaskets u would be a dispenser!
Your remarks on slaughter have made it clear your are nothing but a cold hearted empty hollow human being! You want slaughter move to Europe and Canada!
Humane have you totally lost your mine slaughter will ever and has never been humane!
Putting a horse down with dignity and their are plenty of rescue organizations that have this service!
If this forum moderate here with such ruthless and in informed in educated lunacy on slaughter the view you take is totally insane in the membrane and their is not enough alcohol
and drugs to cure the bugg up your royal American !
I cannot believe some one that has made more post on this one thread then in the past two years total and then advocates this kind of holocaust to Horses!
You need a wake up call if anything could possibly wake u up yo the lunacy of your post!
Have a nice holiday!
Take a drive to new holland sugar reek and persist then watch wild horses and renegades then go watch a round up then go advocate slaughter to a horse that's done the best he could filled with drugs look deep into his eyes and explain to that horse why slaughter is good for him or her God you are so sickening we have nothing in common obliviously !
Wrong you don't care for crap about horse!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

R u crazy or drink,or on drugs or Pms?

U have bragged how u were o master debater of your class.
U obviously know absolutely nothing about slaughter and have shown to me and every one reading your not much of a moderater either!
You hi jack this thread to expound your bowels on your pro slaughter Cheerios your just like horse fart breath , if Cheerios were aZz hole gaskets u would be a dispenser!
Your remarks on slaughter have made it clear your are nothing but a cold hearted empty hollow human being! You want slaughter move to Europe and Canada!
Humane have you totally lost your mine slaughter will ever and has never been humane!
Putting a horse down with dignity and their are plenty of rescue organizations that have this service!
If this forum moderate here with such ruthless and in informed in educated lunacy on slaughter the view you take is totally insane in the membrane and their is not enough alcohol
and drugs to cure the bugg up your royal American !
I cannot believe some one that has made more post on this one thread then in the past two years total and then advocates this kind of holocaust to Horses!
You need a wake up call if anything could possibly wake u up yo the lunacy of your post!
Have a nice holiday!
Take a drive to new holland sugar reek and persist then watch wild horses and renegades then go watch a round up then go advocate slaughter to a horse that's done the best he could filled with drugs look deep into his eyes and explain to that horse why slaughter is good for him or her God you are so sickening we have nothing in common obliviously !
Wrong you don't care for crap about horse!

It's quite obvious that this Alpha person who is the moderator here plays favorites, that's her perogative but anyone can see she smooches the tush of a few people here.  Like the kid who wants to be popular in school.  It's a shame because when this Alpha person talks racing it is an interesting read.
tapetea

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

Re: The Terry and HV Forum

Better to have a forum than a chat room. The person that strated this thread seems more at home in a chat room. I think HV touched on this early on in the thread.

Terry is cool in my book and contributes greatly to a forum. HV can also contribute to a forum ... as long as the topic isn't speed figures.  Wink
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pete but this is still a dumb and useless thread from beginning to end. Bashing threads about other posters never achieve any useful purpose and only lead to more trouble. thumbs down

And I bet you if I started a nasty small-minded little "Pam and Fuzzy" thread that baby would disappear pronto. 

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »

I have met Terry.  He is an intellectual with deep passions and feelings about horse racing that he will defend infinitely.  

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Dan...you need to sober up!  laughing guy laughing guy
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »

Re: The Terry and HV Forum

Terry is cool in my book and contributes greatly to a forum.

I love when you praise yourself!!! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pete but this is still a dumb and useless thread from beginning to end. Bashing threads about other posters never achieve any useful purpose and only lead to more trouble. thumbs down

And I bet you if I started a nasty small-minded little "Pam and Fuzzy" thread that baby would disappear pronto. 

It's dumb and useless yet you continue to post in it, what does that tell us about you???
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »

It's dumb and useless yet you continue to post in it, what does that tell us about you???

Oh Louie. I'm sure if someone started a thread with your name in it you would just sit back and be a casual observer.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »

Oh Louie. I'm sure if someone started a thread with your name in it you would just sit back and be a casual observer.

Knowing him, he'd quit the forum with his well-known name and come back to post under some other alias.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »

Only if it were interesting.  Certainly not if I found it dumb and useless.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2012, 11:55:15 AM »

oh puhleaseee! nobody 'ran her off'....she was the one who said she was leaving.....and i don't understand why....fuzzy, you DO realize that most people on racing forums love and care about the horses, yes??  she started it with the opening post....hv called her out on it...if pammy was a guy - i wouldn't even be writing this reply.....i care about the virus at hawthorne as well and that innocent horses are dying....but i'm not gonna get all  pompous about it....i care about the fact that people who once could afford their loved horses no longer can and abandon them to starve in fields....i care about the old, the crippled and the sick ones whose owners can no longer afford to get them vet care.....for these poor horses......the shot in the head is the kindest thing they will feel in months, possibly yrs.....do i advocate horse slaughter? i have to say yes- to an extent and if done humanely - what else do we do with the above mentioned horses ? there are way too many....  the rescues are overfull, people can't afford to adopt/support a horse.....are YOU going to adopt them and bring them home to your farm and care for them? like the people on FB "omg, i'm anti slaughter , and those poor horses, and people should rescue them etc etc etc".....but when asked to rescue just such an old horse, underfed, with navicular disease from yrs of being a solid lesson horse who taught many to ride and show and never refused a jump and in need of daily meds just to STAND comfortably - they respond ' but i can't afford a horse like that, i want a young, sound one"....so they WILL rescue- if they get to 'pick and choose' the horse to rescue - pfft- so much for all those 'caring' anti-slaughter fans.... i just would like to see a humane way of doing it at a govt approved and monitored plant in the US......frig canada!

My sentiments exacily Mare! These anti-slaughter people IMO just want people to think they are a true lover of the horses but a solid majority of them refuse to step up to the plate to donate so much as a sack of feed to the rescue farms who are out there trying to help. The sad truth of it all is there are not enough caring knowledgeable and economically blessed people out there to take care of all the unwanted or ill horses out there. I have witnessed first hand the cruelty of what happens to ex eace horses who are given to novice owners and it has been branded in my head at the horrible death of one horse in particular that had been given to a "good home"  Cry
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:57:16 AM by sporthorse » Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »

There are also people breeding grade (no registration) horses. It seems to be at least 250,000 a year and maybe more.

omg yes! like the 'designer' dogs- my parents have one - a 'chorkie'..really? its a ratty looking 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 yorkie - it's snippy n  barks all the time.....so many clueless people just breed their horses - 'oh, look at my golden qh stud!! i 'm going to breed him to my SADDLEBRED mares and any of my friends horses and ponies who wants to maybe get a palomino'...or they leave their 2 yr old colt in the field with mares..."ohh he's just a baby yet".....hello?? 2 yr olds can produce sperm.....yep...and that's how mutts that end up in kill pens are made.....very sad....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »

It's quite obvious that this Alpha person who is the moderator here plays favorites, that's her perogative but anyone can see she smooches the tush of a few people here.  Like the kid who wants to be popular in school.  It's a shame because when this Alpha person talks racing it is an interesting read.

hey louie- whoeevr you are.....bend over- maybe i'll kiss yers..... sarcasm..i don't play 'favorites'...but i also don't attend pity parties....

Red Ketcher

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »

" intellectual with deep passions"  , hangs out "out west" , wordy writings, forceful attacks, won't quit  =

UNIBOMBER

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »

" intellectual with deep passions"  , hangs out "out west" , wordy writings, forceful attacks, won't quit  =

UNIBOMBER  

Please at least spell it correctly - unabomber

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »

ATTN FUZZY:.....you do a heck of alot of ASSUMING and kettle black calling.....just because someone thinks slaughter MIGHT BE a possible to solution (and gasp!! you don't - oh boohoo)- even temporary - to the overcrowded horse problem in the US does NOT make them callous, heartless, unloving or any other derogatory word you want to use....oh all mighty horse caring and horse loving fuzzy- let us know the next time YOU go to a horse auction and buy 3 or 4 old or sick or  crippled  or unwanted horses from the kill pen and bring them home to your farm to keep and care for forever......i know i can't afford to - don't be so quick to judge what ye does not know or  understand....have a nice day!

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »

hey louie- whoeevr you are.....bend over- maybe i'll kiss yers..... sarcasm..i don't play 'favorites'...but i also don't attend pity parties....

I guess the truth hurt you there.  Just calling it as I see it.  I don't want you to kiss my ass, if you want to kiss others go right ahead but I believe your racing opinions stand on their own rather well.

I love the "whoever you are" part.  You use a screen alias but others shouldn't?  Just discuss the topics amongst the members and go forth.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:21:35 PM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »

I guess the truth hurt you there.  Just calling it as I see it.  I don't want you to kiss my ass, if you want to kiss others go right ahead but I believe your racing opinions stand on their own rather well.

I love the "whoever you are" part.  You use a screen alias but others shouldn't?  Just discuss the topics amongst the members and go forth.

it didn't even pinch . nyah...and thank you for the racing compliment ...

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

ATTN FUZZY:.....you do a heck of alot of ASSUMING and kettle black calling.....just because someone thinks slaughter MIGHT BE a possible to solution (and gasp!! you don't - oh boohoo)- even temporary - to the overcrowded horse problem in the US does NOT make them callous, heartless, unloving or any other derogatory word you want to use....oh all mighty horse caring and horse loving fuzzy

Fudgy cares for and loves horses more than anyone else. Just ask her. She's the model. If you dare to hold any opinion about any horse or horse-related issue that is not an exact mirror of hers you are a horrible person, deserving of any and all nasty-minded name calling and insult she might care to pile on to try and bully you.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

it didn't even pinch . nyah...and thank you for the racing compliment ...

You seem to follow NYRA and from a betting standpoint I think this nmay be the strongest jockey colony I can remember in a while for Aqueduct.  Marragh, Garcia, Prado all staying to join Dominguez.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »

You seem to follow NYRA and from a betting standpoint I think this nmay be the strongest jockey colony I can remember in a while for Aqueduct.  Marragh, Garcia, Prado all staying to join Dominguez.

well..with the slot enhanced purses....they stand to make more than at gulf or fg in all actuality.....and why 'give' the meet to ramon again.....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: