Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 11:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Terry and HV Forum  (Read 8971 times)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »

I'm starting to think the Thoroughbred Forum is really a front for The Terry and HV Arguement Forum.  Blah blah blah.  Over and over again on every single subject.  All knowing those two.  

Smarter than anyone else.  They see stuff no one else can and know things no one else does.  Blah blah blah.  On and on.  Day in day out.  Year in year out.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:29:24 PM by pamwaggy » Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »

Do you REALLY want me to go pull your last 100 posts and summarize them, Pammy?

Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »

My posts could be all moronic but this does not change what you do. 
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »

My posts could be all moronic but this does not change what you do. 

Some of what I do is simply for my own personal entertainment, like pointing out the Forum gadflys (such as yourself) who flit from topic to topic, adding in weighty, thought-provoking comments like "Oh dear!", and "Oh, I hope they will be alright!", and "Me too!". Scintillating stuff, that simply can't be found in the DRF or any other trade rag.

I realize where I know you from, now, Pammy: you played the part of that feather that floated around in the movie Forrest Gump, aimlessly moving around wherever the wind blew it. That was a spectacular performance, and it provided insight into your future level of participation here at BTW.

I can't rate your posts as "moronic", though -- that would imply some sort of attempt at providing actual horse racing content that badly missed the mark; it simply wouldn't be fair to those here who put (just) enough effort into their posts to reach the bottom of the scale.

(See? I'm not that mean at all. Want to keep playing?)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »

No u are trying to use the forum for your own insecurity of squatting when u pee!

Why in the hell don't u get a horse u frickn freak?

U think all their is too life is composing a sentence?
U Pathetic criple!
U r tortured by spelling and composing words!

I wake up in the morning looking forward to see my horse in a pasture !
U wake up worried about how I spell it!
Man get out of the bottle and live!
Damn u remind me of the movie as good as it gets with a very un happy ending!
U no what it's like to stand and brush your horse have them nuzzle you have them nicker to you come to u like a tattle tail child when a fence is down or a tree. To watch them go to the track and train ? To sacrafice all kinds of thins for your self so they can have a nice stall a beautiful new halter or blanket and watch them grow and want to be a race horse?Huh

Then the heartbreak of loosing them to something catastrophic or unforeseen you did every thing to guard them against?to witness their pain their suffering and have to make a decision for the last act of kindness?

Can you imagine living with them day in and out and know one caring for their horses as you do and jeopardizing something you have nurtured and loved so much???

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »

I dont know Pamwaggy personally other than being on this forum but I have never seen her say anything negative anytime, to anyone. What she posts and how she posts it shouldnt be anyones business. She handles herself with class.
I come on BTW often but dont come to the T-Bred side as much anymore. There are still some great/knowledgable posters, however, I cant take seeing 10-12 threads a day on "Julio Pezua resumes racing" or "Tall Paul Atkinson is back at Hollywood"....i just cant take it.....
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

I'm starting to think the Thoroughbred Forum is really a front for The Terry and HV Arguement Forum.  Blah blah blah.  Over and over again on every single subject.  All knowing those two.  

Smarter than anyone else.  They see stuff no one else can and know things no one else does.  Blah blah blah.  On and on.  Day in day out.  Year in year out.

You have a simple option, Pammy. Ignore button.

Complaining about the other posters does not become you.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »

It's easy to light the torches and storm the palace. But after you do that there is a lot of clean up to be done afterwards. Some people ask questions and want to make sure everyone understands why they are storming the palace before goin in...or even if te right palace is being stormed.

Right now the horsemen want to storm the palace. Terry and HV have added lots of value by questioning pieces of information. With emotions running high, those of us involved are more apt to accept pieces of info at face value. It's good to have people keeping that in check.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »

Some of what I do is simply for my own personal entertainment, like pointing out the Forum gadflys (such as yourself) who flit from topic to topic, adding in weighty, thought-provoking comments like "Oh dear!", and "Oh, I hope they will be alright!", and "Me too!". Scintillating stuff, that simply can't be found in the DRF or any other trade rag.

I realize where I know you from, now, Pammy: you played the part of that feather that floated around in the movie Forrest Gump, aimlessly moving around wherever the wind blew it. That was a spectacular performance, and it provided insight into your future level of participation here at BTW.

I can't rate your posts as "moronic", though -- that would imply some sort of attempt at providing actual horse racing content that badly missed the mark; it simply wouldn't be fair to those here who put (just) enough effort into their posts to reach the bottom of the scale.

So just a game to you ehhh?
So much for your pathetic ego masturbation.
God what jack wad!

Pammy they have ran off more good posters with their meaningless cut snips and snide azz comments and its like two men having a fart contest in a two room toilet.
In fact they could name many of the threads Hv and HBT two room toilet!
They don't have much of a life and that's why they try too glorify each other using a forum!
Let's not ever let that happen!

APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

So just a game to you ehhh?
So much for your pathetic ego masturbation.
God what jack wad!

Pammy they have ran off more good posters with their meaningless cut snips and snide azz comments and its like two men having a fart contest in a two room toilet.
In fact they could name many of the threads Hv and HBT two room toilet!
They don't have much of a life and that's why they try too glorify each other using a forum!
Let's not ever let that happen!

Fuzzy, your writing technique has improved since you started here.  I can now understand most of what you are saying.  On the other hand, your content has gone downhill.  You are into name calling and personal stuff because your horse lover emotions have taken over.  The point you have made is that you love horses.  That is good and we get it, but you do not have to make it over and over.  To get into word battles on here is worthless and counter-productive.  If what is written here bothers you so much, just do not reply and you will not make yourself a target.  The Ignore button is another option so you don't have to see it.  Otherwise you will just have to deal with it.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

Fuzzy, your writing technique has improved since you started here.  I can now understand most of what you are saying.  On the other hand, your content has gone downhill.  You are into name calling and personal stuff because your horse lover emotions have taken over.

It's what she's all about. If anyone else behaved the way she does with all the personal nastiness and vitriol Janine would give them some time off, but it doesn't happen, so eh, don't waste your time, Dan. You'll just become the next target. They don't even take her seriously on the harness side anymore. She's a prime candidate for that ignore button. I guarantee you will miss absolutely nothing of value.

UncleEddiesPal

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »

Mr or Ms Voice,

Again, it must be quite a burden to have to wake up each day being THE Voice of knowledge and reasoning. You must get exhausted.Keep up the cause since this is your calling.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »

Mr or Ms Voice,

Again, it must be quite a burden to have to wake up each day being THE Voice of knowledge and reasoning. You must get exhausted.Keep up the cause since this is your calling.

I think YOU are the one that is exhausted -- this is the 2nd time you've posted pretty much the same thing.

Better let me handle the smug sarcasm around here, if that's all you got.

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »

Personally....what happens in illinois racing does not affect me in ny......if hv n terry have knowledge on the politics and racing in their state and want to grapple about it here - who cares? what they do know may be of some value to other illinois residents......if you don't like their topic/arguement - don't reply to it and get yourself involved - is there a reason to if one is not involved in illinois racing to begin with? just sayin......slow time of racing year....but gulfstream opens in a few days!  maroon

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
SandyLoam

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:44:26 AM »

pamwaggy: Your point precisely! Well-played!
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:47:09 AM »

Personally....what happens in illinois racing does not affect me in ny......if hv n terry have knowledge on the politics and racing in their state and want to grapple about it here - who cares? what they do know may be of some value to other illinois residents......if you don't like their topic/arguement - don't reply to it and get yourself involved - is there a reason to if one is not involved in illinois racing to begin with? just sayin......slow time of racing year....but gulfstream opens in a few days!  maroon

A poster who makes sense!

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

if you don't like their topic/arguement - don't reply to it and get yourself involved - is there a reason to if one is not involved in illinois racing to begin with? just sayin..  maroon

Man, that sure does make sense. Now if Terry would just follow your advice.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »

I'm amazed how many Charlie Browns there are on this board.  They see HV or Terry teeing up the football and can't help themselves and try to kick it.  After the ball has been pulled multiple times, I don't think the blame belongs on the ball holder.

I figured out early that HV and Terry question everything and point out inconsistencies.  I think that is important on any Internet board, keeps wild speculation at a manageable level. If you feel the need to engage, do so with eyes wide open and be prepared for a marathon not a sprint.

Oh, and woe to the poster who disses Hawthorne (except for bad air conditioning).
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »

Oh, and woe to the poster who disses Hawthorne (except for bad air conditioning).

Unfairly disses Hawthorne. And BTW the self-serve mutuel machines are also fair game. Not to mention some of the TV's.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 01:58:36 PM »

If there were more people around the sport like Pamwaggy and Fuzzypants the sport would be in much better shape.  I love their passion and their caring about the horse.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »

Last time I checked the horses in Illinois were the same breed as the ones in NY.  The game is a whole.  How can you say it has no effect?  We've seen plenty of Illinois horses come to NY and vice versa.  Nice try at being Switzerland.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »

Well in other words, I don't belong on this forum.  Because I'm in California so I shouldn't be upset by the sick horses in Illinois.  I take great offense to that statement.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »

Well in other words, I don't belong on this forum.  Because I'm in California so I shouldn't be upset by the sick horses in Illinois.  I take great offense to that statement.

Well maybe we should really concerned about those horses shipping to California with that kind of logic, maybe we shouldn't give a dang about wild horse cause they belong to the government?

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »

How DARE we care about horses that don't "concern" us?   Grin
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

How DARE we care about horses that don't "concern" us?   Grin

I don't think that is what she meant.  Her point was if you poke the hornet's nest, you will get stung.  If you don't like what they post you have 2 choices; let it go or contest their view.  I think anyone who has been on this board more than 15 minutes realize that if contested, HV and Terry will defend their thought process.  They seldom get personal unless provoked personally, but will defend their point as long as you contest it.

My advice - don't get personal, say your piece, and move on. Chances are you are not going to change their mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: