Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 12:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Senate bill allows government access to your private e-mails  (Read 410 times)
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »

I thought the left in this country was all about personal choice and freedom??  Pat Leahy is certainly on the left.  I'm sure some righties will like this too.

http://times247.com/articles/senate-bill-would-grant-warrantless-access-to-email
Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »

JUST DA BEGINING

YOU GUYS VOTED FOR THIS GUY

ENJOY HIM

I'M MOVING TO IRELAND
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

I thought the left in this country was all about personal choice and freedom??  Pat Leahy is certainly on the left.  I'm sure some righties will like this too.

http://times247.com/articles/senate-bill-would-grant-warrantless-access-to-email

I admit I am a Republican, however, I do not mind if they would have access. If a person does nothing wrong on the internet, they have nothing to worry about.
Although I realize the big picture is to control crime and terrorism, maybe some of these other scam artists can be caught.
On another note, nothing bothers me more than gutless people who bash people on boards. If you dont have the guts to say something to someone face to face, then dont say it on a computer...JMO
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:28:49 AM »

The Senator scuttled his bill yesterday, so today's hand-wringing today is just noise.

And thank God for the ACLU, as well as the conservative FreedomWorks, who were both prepared to go to bat for all of us regarding this latest encroachment on civil liberties.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552687-38/leahy-scuttles-his-warrantless-e-mail-surveillance-bill/

The full original CNET story:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552225-38/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants/?part=rss&subj=news

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »

The Senator scuttled his bill yesterday, so today's hand-wringing today is just noise.

And thank God for the ACLU, as well as the conservative FreedomWorks, who were both prepared to go to bat for all of us regarding this latest encroachment on civil liberties.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552687-38/leahy-scuttles-his-warrantless-e-mail-surveillance-bill/

The full original CNET story:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552225-38/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants/?part=rss&subj=news

I liked you better when you had me on ignore.
pacingguy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »

While I realize it is a moot point now, it is easy to pass a law.  It is another thing to past constitutional muster.  This bill would not have passed through judicial review.
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »

November 7, 2012, a day that will live in infamy. 
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

Guess I'm the only one paying attention to the Petraeus crap.

The FBI retrieved all the OLD text mails from the Petraeus, Broadwell and other gals account servers. Some were older than three years.

If the capability exists to go back that far on servers, than orgs may do as they please, at least under existing laws.

Ten years ago, the govt had machines hooked into their rooms at ATT servers before it was made public and ceased.
 I'm sure that hasn't stopped the retrieval and/or monitoring of data.

Regards Don
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »

The FBI retrieved all the OLD text mails from the Petraeus, Broadwell and other gals account servers. Some were older than three years.

If the capability exists to go back that far on servers, than orgs may do as they please, at least under existing laws.

Ten years ago, the govt had machines hooked into their rooms at ATT servers before it was made public and ceased.

The government has been monitoring all phone calls since the 60s.  I forget the name of the program  Pretty sure it begins with "en..."
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »

It sure is a bunch of crap!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »

does anyone find it the least bit surreal that such a prominent "Patriot" (Patreus) was undone by the "Patriot act"? I sure do, and the bill listed aside, they had had this ability (legally) since the Patriot act. Awful law. Only un-Constitutional law that Im aware of. One of Obama's worst policy decisions not wanting to repeal this ridiculous thing straight away.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »

"Patriot act"

Mel,
       We ain't seen nothing yet.
Wail until the Health Care Plan takes effect.

Regards Don
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »

"Patriot act"

Mel,
       We ain't seen nothing yet.
Wail until the Health Care Plan takes effect.

Why? Does Obamacare allow the government to put whomever they so desire under surveillance? It HAD been a long standing staple of personal freedom to NEVER have the government look into your private affairs without cause or warrant. But, hey, cling to your political ill will. Fact is, none of us know how it will work out in a  practical matter. We wont know until the time comes. My guess is by 2020, things will be better than today.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: