Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:18:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campbell Fined $150 By Red Mile Judges (Odds On E)  (Read 809 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:49:09 PM »

Campbell fined $150; Bluegrass DQ appealed   
November 19, 2012

Following a formal hearing with two of the three track stewards at The Red Mile, driver John Campbell has been fined $150 as a result of the disqualification of Odds On Equuelus from first to last in a Bluegrass division on Sept. 29. Campbell met with all three of the track stewards two days after the incident and was told at the time that no further sanctions would be given; however, there was a different result after the hearing on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the Kentucky Racing Commission office in Lexington.

Campbell and Odds On Equuleus won the $85,800 Bluegrass division but the stewards--Rich Williams, Dan Ross and Anthony Clark--DQ'd Odds On Equuleus, with their reasoning that he took up abruptly in the final turn and caused interference to the trailing horses, including a pair who went offstride. Trainer Robin Schadt went to the commission offices two days later to file an appeal, but later learned that until a ruling was given in writing to Campbell, an appeal could not be placed. As a result, Schadt and Campbell requested the hearing, and the two were joined by Lexington-based attorney William C. Hurt. Williams and Ross were the only two track judges at the hearing.

In issuing the ruling, the stewards wrote: "After weighing the evidence presented at a hearing requested by Mr. Campbell on 11/13/12 and the information immediately after the race, from the video replay and reports from drivers, it is the decision of the judges that Mr. Campbell and the horse Odds On Equuleus did slow the pace of the race sufficiently to cause confusion among the trailing horses. It is the judge's opinion that from talking to Mr. Campbell after the race, that the horse and the driver are both at some fault for the interference. The normal penalty for a driver in this type of intraction would be a 5 day driving suspension or a $300.00 fine. In finding the horse and driver both at fault Mr. Campbell is fined $150.00."

Trainer Schadt earlier told harnessracing.com that she and co-owner Dana Parham of Odds On Racing and Campbell filed an objection and motion to strike an affidavit given afer the race by driver Yannick Gingras, who was in the sulky behind the second-placed-first winner Rockin Amadeus and was sitting in the two hole behind Odds On Equuleus when the alledged infraction occurred. Schadt and Parham believe Gingras's affidavit was "materially misleading." The affidavit objected to Gingras's testimony that: "Within 2-3 strides after taking the lead position, John Campbell 'slammed on his brakes' and Odds On Equuleus dramatically slowed down. As a result of this sudden change of pace, I was struck in the back and head by the horse Real Rocker, driven by Brian Sears in the third position at the time."

In asking that Gingras's affidavit be stricken, Odds On and Campbell claimed that "from the time Campbell took the lead until Real Rocker collided into Gingras, fourteen seconds elapsed. From the spot where Campbell took the lead to where Real Rocker collided with Gingras, the horses traveled seven hundred feet--more than 1/8 of a mile. The race video is undisputable and demonstrates that Gingras' statement to Mr. Williams was false, or, at best, materially misleading."
Following Tuesday's announcement of Campbell's fine, Schadt told harnessracing.com that the appeal process will continue.
(harnessracing.com)

Report to moderator   Logged
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »

I have watched that race more then a few times & to me the dq was not warranted....

Those kind of moves happen every day at every track....

If anyone was at fault, look at Sears basically 1/2 in 1/2 out & then runs up Yannick

Another black eye for a sport with too many black eyes
fairguy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »

I agree with ya Lavern... Stevie Wonder could have seen Sears was at fault, I even bet him and was cussing him a new one, bet him accross the board, had to pick up my ticket as he paid $47.80 to show ( hope some of it was Macdaddies)
Funny how they fine JC only 1/2 of $300 but fine the horse the whole $42,900
With what Yannick claims that happened I just lost what little respect I had for him
Hope Robin wins the appeal....

Fairguy

Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »

Gingras obviously had a vested interest in seeing Odds On taken down, and he may see this as “just business.” However, there’s something sleazy about it, and Gingras comes out of it smelling like dead flowers. Let’s hope the racing commission requires him to attend the hearing and defend the affidavit he put his name to after the race.
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

TRAVUSTEE,,,NO FCKING INTERGRETY,,,I WANNA SEA THEM DUE DA RITE TING JUST ONCE,,,ITLL NEVER HAPPIN,,,
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »

JC gets screwed and his connections get mugged for 42k but all of the Lance Armstrongs in racing keep 100% of the purse $$$. Something very wrong here and Yannick couldn't win on the track so he lied to steal the purse. head shake
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »

A TOTAL BS CALL,,,,,,,SEARS SHOULD GET DAYS AND YANNI SHOULD STAY HOME MORE W/HIS WIFE
JLB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

Brian Sears has got to be smiling, and it is truly incredible to me that a state which features some of the best Grand Circuit racing, has this caliber of judges. It is so clear that Sears caused the interference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: