Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 10:31:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY IS HELICOPTER STILL RACING?????  (Read 2206 times)
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

One of my favorite warrior horses of all time is obviously off form...& they keep racing him & racing him & racing him

CMON RIV HAVE SOME CLASS

This summer they have him running 5 miles in the Saint Ledger......not he is down to 18 claimers on the Hawthorne turf.

A real shame for a magnitificIent animal to go out LIKE THIS
Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »

One of my favorite warrior horses of all time is obviously off form...& they keep racing him & racing him & racing him

CMON RIV HAVE SOME CLASS

This summer they have him running 5 miles in the Saint Ledger......not he is down to 18 claimers on the Hawthorne turf.

A real shame for a magnitificIent animal to go out LIKE THIS
Oh pl don't get me wound up especially at attack that is having so many sick horses!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
abc123

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »

Why does this surprise you remember what he did with lordofthegame until Maggie moss claimed him and sent him back to winstar
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »

I was at Hawthorne today as a buddy had a horse in.
Nobody and I mean nobody is a bigger Helicopter fan than I am.
I went down before the 3rd race and had my eye on him the entire time, I can tell you physically he looked fine, obviously there is some issue with him as his form shows, but he sure didn't look crippled to me, and I have owned many horses to know what a sore, lame horse looks like.

I can tell you if they ever want to give him a good home I have a 12 year-old daughter that would be very happy to show him in 4H.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:57:24 PM »

He closed on the rail, caught a few horses. Really not a bad effort coming off a layoff.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »

I was at Hawthorne today as a buddy had a horse in.
Nobody and I mean nobody is a bigger Helicopter fan than I am.
I went down before the 3rd race and had my eye on him the entire time, I can tell you physically he looked fine, obviously there is some issue with him as his form shows, but he sure didn't look crippled to me, and I have owned many horses to know what a sore, lame horse looks like.

I can tell you if they ever want to give him a good home I have a 12 year-old daughter that would be very happy to show him in 4H.

From what I know, he is ornery is the day is long, and just to train, he has be bribed with mints. He also ties up alot

These are all things that have been talking about in articles written about him, but I'm not sure he is the ideal candidate for a 12 year old, and/or show horse.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »

From what I know, he is ornery is the day is long, and just to train, he has be bribed with mints. He also ties up alot

These are all things that have been talking about in articles written about him, but I'm not sure he is the ideal candidate for a 12 year old, and/or show horse.
Well of course he's ornery would u be too?
Hell if I new some one was going to screw with me and then I was going to cramp up all over well god yes I'd be mean old sob!
Horses that don't get away and get to be in a open pasture with other horses get mean .
Change of scenery they change and find their peace of mind.
But I will tell you some after a few months on the pasture start turning back into devils cause they miss the track they have gotten tired of farm life and want to go back were the action is.

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »

If he really is a nut case I would never let her get in the saddle on 1 like that, but she has been riding since she was 4, so shes not like a little kid going on a pony ride either.

But like Fuzzy said, sometime a horse just doesnt want to be a racehorse anymore and just needs to be turned out and get some R&R
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

LSD n trails long slow distance changes them big time!

DaPaver

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »

He's in for 10k Sunday , If he can get him down to 5k he could have quite a run in the starters !
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »

Dropping down to 10 is pretty sad in my opinion.

Kind of like Jordan playing on the Wizards...I know a little bit of a stretch....

This horse was such a champ- it just pains me to see him slopping around for 10..

I know someone said he was coming at the end last race...but that was 1 1/8 mi race that basically fell apart & was won by a 50-1 horse.

I would think with the $ RR has, he could turn him out & give him the retirement he deserves..

Maybe he will dominate the starters once eligible...but just can't see it..a lot of hard fought miles on those tires
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »

Dropping down to 10 is pretty sad in my opinion.

Kind of like Jordan playing on the Wizards...I know a little bit of a stretch....

This horse was such a champ- it just pains me to see him slopping around for 10..

I know someone said he was coming at the end last race...but that was 1 1/8 mi race that basically fell apart & was won by a 50-1 horse.

I would think with the $ RR has, he could turn him out & give him the retirement he deserves..

Maybe he will dominate the starters once eligible...but just can't see it..a lot of hard fought miles on those tires
I know how you feel and totally understand .
The neat thing is about war horses they don't know what price they are running for!
They just know when the care changes.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »

Helicopter scratched. Smiley
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

I hope everything is all right with the COPTER  horse shoe

Does anyone know the reason for the scratch today?

The horse has been over raced if you ask me  ( I am not a trainer- but play one on TV)......& has lost the will

Helicopter is a true warrior so hopefully some well deserved R&R for my favorite horse!
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »

says he was a vet scratch, im sure theyre keepin a close eye on him especially since he was pulled up and vanned off two back which im sure resulted in him goin on the list prior to the last race. dont doubt he'd benefit from some time off but it appears the most time hes spent on a farm in the past couple years couldnt be more than a couple of months if hes even been to one(dont just figure time between starts). disagree with you that "hes lost the will". horses that win 20 times like he has will almost always wanna compete, he just physically cant atleast not like before due to probaly whats ailing him. wouldnt be shocked to see him show up at turfway sometime this winter even tho the purses arent very good there

I hope everything is all right with the COPTER  horse shoe

Does anyone know the reason for the scratch today?

The horse has been over raced if you ask me  ( I am not a trainer- but play one on TV)......& has lost the will

Helicopter is a true warrior so hopefully some well deserved R&R for my favorite horse!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »

Late scratch out of a shortish field in a weak 10 cl today.   Sad Embarrassed
Livingthedream

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »

They have entered him for today, 18K in the 4th race
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »

He ran HORRIBLE...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »

Lusty Tar Heel. 
My husband was reading this thread and said that he knows that horse and sees him all of the time standing up at the track.  He told me that the horse is a really classy, well behaved horse on the track.  He also told me that the horse was NOT a nut case.  Take it for what it's worth, everyone has their opinion.  He was just surprised that the horse was being described in that way...  Smiley
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »

Thanks Equiforce,

I have been following and have been a fan of Helicopter for a few years, As just a fan of the sport I have only seen him on the track and in the paddock.
I have seen him act like a professional gentleman each time.

As a former Standardbred owner, and pleasure horse owner I think I can spot a lame or sore horse, I have never seen Helicopter look either way.

There has to be some issue with him, but I cant imagine Rivelli racing him unsound.
But I do think he needs a long deserved rest.

I also hope your barn is doing well since dealing with the outbreak.

Happy Holidays.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »

Thank you very, very much Lusty. 
Things are going well. 
We are hoping and praying for this to end and know that there is a reason for everything.

I do know that I have met some truly caring horsemen on here and that's pretty awesome.
If I hear anything about the Copter, I'll definitely let you know. 

Smiley
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

When is enough is enough....
why do we have to squeeze the grape until it turns into a raisin...

I am not going to insult the trainers & pretend that I know about horse care but it doesn't take a scientist to see this horse has lost the will to compete..

Look at the fall of this GREAT HORSE  (ONE OF MY ALLTIME FAVORITES, UP THERE WITH DUSKY DUKE horse)
They had him going in a stakes race on million day & now unable to almost beat a single horse.

I doubt he could beat $5,000 right now & should either be turned out or retired....Owners should be blessed to ever have a horse like that.
Didnt pick up his feet at all if you watched yesterday race & only beat a tired horse that pushed the pace & another that broke down.

I have always seen " THE RIV" as a sharp horseman but a little on the slick side & he did make my second favorite commercial of all time..
Maybe someone can post the RIV commercial that played on TVG etc.
The first is still Scottie Pippen for Mr submarine with his arm around the submarine sammich, but that is a story for another day.

GIVE THE COPTER A BREAK
Chris Szulc

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »

Could be a sly move to get the horse 5k starter eligible again for next year. Keep in mind that they can't ship the horse out for R&R because of the quarantine.

But yeah, I agree, I think this horse needs retirement or at the very least 6 months off.

Chris Szulc

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCbjIIoOic

"Larry Rivelli Spring 2011" Commercial
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCbjIIoOic

"Larry Rivelli Spring 2011" Commercial

heart heart flag flag