Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 08:26:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 31320 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »

According to the state vets office, they immediately spoke to people at tracks that had experienced this....

Well, I guess something positive came out of our terrible situation that someone wasn't afraid to talk. 

And admittedly, we didn't realize the seriousness until it punched us in the jaw...but now...6 fatalities later...you would think more would catch on...
Report to moderator   Logged
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »

Its called COMMON SENSE!! Not even a much smaller venue such as Beulah took the risk of letting everything and everyone "police" itself. Also note Beulah "discouraged" horsemen from shipping in. Far cry from the "jump right in the waters fine crap" EVERYONE has heard from Hawthorne. There are between 1800-1900 horses on Hawthornes backside and I would guess upwards of 1000 people or so on the backside at any given time. Now add horses shipping in,racing and training and  not to mention grooms who go around and run horses for extra money or walk hots for extra money it is breeding grounds (left on its own) for an epidemic. Thats pretty much what I would call the situation you have now. Given the incubation timeline for this virus, it was already established even before the first positive came to light. So to quarantine Barn A was the thing to do but it wasnt the only thing that needed done and thats my whole point. The ball was dropped. The protocol was never the same on any given case. So even IF everyone kept a record of temps on their horse what the hell would it have mattered. The protocol was never the same for dealing with a possible infected horse. There was no mandatory records kept or fines imposed it was executed as a "front" to make it appear that there was protocol. The sanitization of the gates that were supposed to be done as of Oct 16th was nothing more than the swiping of a white towel and yet you called me a liar on this. This too was another "front". I dont try to act as if I know it all but Ive been around horses all my life and the one thing has always held true....Better to be proactive than reactive... I certainly hope that another catastrophe like this never takes place up there and I cant help but believe their "bio-security" measures will be revamped altogether!
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: December 09, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »

Right. You never did post anything at all about Hawthorne's biosecurity measures and all that bad stuff you supposedly saw with your own eyes, until well after the bug jumped out of Barn A. Nothing at all in time to make a difference. Not one post of warning for your fellow horsemen and their horses.

My arent we so crafty....In my post I stated I had no intention of waiting to see if the virus cleared and we would come up and run at a later date...Please repost where you read I said this..
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »

1800-1900.....minus 6
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »

Sporthorse,
Every single thing that you have said in this thread is true.  I don't even know how I could expand on it.  It's like you are here, but you aren't.  My respect for you and your love, not only for your horses, but for this game we call horse racing, couldn't be any greater.
Thank you for your Voice.

It's much stronger than blocks, rivellis, catalanos',  Reavis', the boogeman' ( who _more likely than not brought this in).....at least you have exclaimed your common sense....while they more than likely sit home talking about what a cl*****fu** thus whole thing is, hoping it doesn't grace their shedrows, but knowing that if it does...there are 5 horses to replace the horses they lose...
But I doubt if it did, it would humble them...

Thank you for being the "Horseman" you are.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: December 09, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »

And up until the virus escaped barn A....we were being told EVERYTHING  was under control...excuse US for Having confidence in the management (you know what that word means, right, mr. Knows all....to manage, by definition) that was telling us that basically, this was an, inconvenience...and that they had it under control
Fast n Firm

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: December 09, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

Unfortunately COMMON SENSE does not figure into this scenerio. $$$$$$$$$$ 
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: December 09, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »

At all
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: December 09, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »

Other then that how'd you like the fall meet Mrs. Bennett ?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: December 10, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »

The shadow of the virus is very rough...but I have to say, I really like a filly I've claimed.  She is a sweetheart.  I hope to freshen her a little after this fiasco and have fun with her at Arlington.
And, I've been off on an MCL injury since August, and was finally able to gallop a couple on Saturday, so, I have to say, I was pretty happy about that.

And,  THANK YOU for asking
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: December 10, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

My arent we so crafty....In my post I stated I had no intention of waiting to see if the virus cleared and we would come up and run at a later date...Please repost where you read I said this..

I stated this is my opinion, that your real gripe at this point is economic, and that's supported by your various posts on the subject. You can deny it if you wish, just like you deny ever being wrong about anything or giving out bad info.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: December 10, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »

It's much stronger than blocks, rivellis, catalanos',  Reavis', the boogeman' ( who _more likely than not brought this in)

Could not possibly have been the guy whose five horse got sick first, could it. Because he's your friend, right?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:52 AM »

We haven't been giving out bad info....and lots of things have economic value, but we haven't really been focusing on that.  We have even given our clients a day rate drop due to the situation....and. WE WEREN'T ASKED TO....you are so off base, it isn't even funny anymore.

You don't know us, our clients, our barn mates, our barn procedures, our personalities...but you CONTINUE to comment.

If you know SOOOO much...tell me 3 things about Dale Bennett that would make anyone believe that you have a right to comment on him.   Because when you comment negatively on me, you are commenting on him as well.  We are, one.  

3 things that says you KNOW DALE BENNETT...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: December 10, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »

I respect Jimmy as a horseman, he has always been nice and friendly to me when I rode by his barn.  I know that he cares about his horses and gives top notch care.  We are competitors, and by no means friends.  I respect that what he says is not glorified or exaggerated, and his numbers certainly reflect so....and I'm also confident that if he felt that he had brought this virus into Hawthrne, he would be looking for answers.  Not covering it up.

HE DIDN'T HAVE A PONY DIE IN HIS BARN, he just simply moved into a barn that he wasn't told a pony died in his barn suspicially. 

Jimmy was a victim.

I hope that answers your question.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: December 10, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »

Suspiciously **
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »

We haven't been giving out bad info....

Come on now, we've been through that enough times, and listed the misinformation several times. In your case I mostly write it off to misinformation. Sporthorse I think sometimes has a tendency to make things up.

Some of the stuff you posted has been just wrong. Some has been right. But like everyone else you're not infallible. You're someone who knows (or believes they know) what they know, in the context of their own little corner of the world and the lens they see it through, and that's all.

and lots of things have economic value, but we haven't really been focusing on that.  We have even given our clients a day rate drop due to the situation....and. WE WEREN'T ASKED TO....you are so off base, it isn't even funny anymore.

That's good of you. I'd hope other trainers are doing the same, particularly those with horses isolated.

You don't know us, our clients, our barn mates, our barn procedures, our personalities...but you CONTINUE to comment.

I know what you post to this forum. And you continue to comment about things you don't know for sure, rumors you heard, your own interpretation of what you think must have motivated other people, things that are contradicted by other sources, anger directed at others, and all sorts of stuff. But there's no attack on your personally. It's a discussion of the information, rumors, charges, accusations, ideas, and whatnot you've posted to the forum.

If you know SOOOO much...tell me 3 things about Dale Bennett that would make anyone believe that you have a right to comment on him.

I've said nothing about Dale Bennett, or you either for that matter. I'm sure you're very decent people, just like most horsemen I've met over the years. But things you've posted here, yes, I've commented on those a lot, and that includes the recent revelations you've made about putting economics first in some decisions, which you've always blasted others for doing.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: December 10, 2012, 12:50:06 AM »

Tell me AGAIN what has been misinformation, because I have verified facts with trainers and Vets before posting.

I have posted my opinions and observations as well, but I was under the impression that this forum had opinions from near and far...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: December 10, 2012, 12:59:42 AM »

You accuse me of posting things that I don't know for sure...yet, you know for sure that what I comment on, is not, for sure....how is that ?

And as I said, anything I post, are the posts based on my husband and my joint experience, knowledge and first hand knowledge. 

Dale Bennett= Denise Bennett....it's called marriage..unity...2 bodies, one soul...so, if you are going to use such wonderful adjectives in describing my posts, you are...profiling my husband as well.

We made a decision to halt training and even scratched our horse after Ginger died.  It is not our fault that no other trainers backed us up.  It's pathetic that they didn't.  But, we tried...maybe if they would have...the death toll would have been 3, not 6.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: December 10, 2012, 01:01:28 AM »

I respect Jimmy as a horseman, he has always been nice and friendly to me when I rode by his barn.  I know that he cares about his horses and gives top notch care.  We are competitors, and by no means friends.  I respect that what he says is not glorified or exaggerated, and his numbers certainly reflect so....and I'm also confident that if he felt that he had brought this virus into Hawthrne, he would be looking for answers.  Not covering it up.

HE DIDN'T HAVE A PONY DIE IN HIS BARN, he just simply moved into a barn that he wasn't told a pony died in his barn suspicially. 

Jimmy was a victim.

So a couple of days ago you told us no necropsy was done on that pony horse so no one knows for sure what led to its death. And so much for the information everyone else seems to believe, that this "came in with some horses from New York." And so much for the medical evidence that horses can be latent carriers all their lives and just start spontaneously shedding the virus in times of stress. You, Equiforce, have this pinpointed down to that pony horse.

I hope that answers your question.

Oh yeah.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:05 AM »

Tell me AGAIN what has been misinformation, because I have verified facts with trainers and Vets before posting.

doh

I've posted the list at least three times. Go back and look.

I have posted my opinions and observations as well, but I was under the impression that this forum had opinions from near and far.

Opinions are fine. Opinions masquerading as fact, those get called.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: December 10, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »

You accuse me of posting things that I don't know for sure...yet, you know for sure that what I comment on, is not, for sure....how is that ?

Because what you posted sometimes turns out wrong, perhaps?

For instance you were going on and on about how shitty it was the State wouldn't test any horse unless it had already showed symptoms, and how stupid that was and how stupid the State vet was and yadda yadda, and it turns out that wasn't correct at all? You were wrong?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:22 AM »

You are very disturbed Terry.
I feel sorry for you.

Really, I do.

I know that what I have said wasn't embellished but aimed at informing other horsemen.  I verified deaths, circumstances leading to deaths, lack of a protocol being followed, etc.  (   hawthorne itself has shown its inconsistent protocol. )why that troubles you, I guess a team of therapists would never be able to figure out. 

I know that logic comes in to play that if a horse dies in barn a, then an entire stable is infected with a deadly virus, shortly after, chances are..the first dead horse....might be the culprit.  That it wasn't posted on "whinnies" makes it...untrue in terryworld.   

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: December 10, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »

Perhaps when, genius ?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: December 10, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »

No, I wasn't wrong.  The state tested all of the horses in barn A.  Maybe under pressure from another source...whooooo knowwwwsss...  Why did they test horses in barn A that were not running temps?  That's kinda wasteful...but they won't test horses that are displaying the most common pre-symptoms...what's up with that...face it...they messed up..
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »

What did I post...that "turned out wrong"
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: