Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 08:11:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 33143 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »

But 2 states have.   KY and FL.....that's why it's frustrating.  We finally find a facility that is not only approved for quarantine ( one for Darly Stud) but designed for quarantine, and we are having a difficult time getting it approved.
Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #851 on: November 29, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »

Have you asked them for more details on why it isn't acceptable? I'm guessing there are different types of quarantine. It sounds like you have found someplace designed to hold horses to see if they have issues. That might not be separate enough.

Can the entire property be considered under quarantine? What you need is something separate enough, or remote enough, to hold horses with known issues, and only those horses.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: November 29, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »

It's actually an approved FL quarantine facility.  But, based on the current events at Hawthorne, they are refusing to consider us coming into their state.
We are actually waiting to see if Tampa Bay Downs is even going to accept horses from Hawthorne even if the dept of Ag will eventually consider it.  But if TBD won't except us after a substantial quarantine at an approved facility...well, then, what's the point ?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: November 29, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »

Sorry, saw earlier typo...Darby Stud
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:25 PM »

Maybe Jamie Ness is paying them off to keep you and Tony Granitz from getting down there to knock him off the throne.  Wink
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: November 30, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »

Lol...I'm not sure anyone could ccomplish that....but too true...tony granitz, Jim McMullen, Dini....all of us from Chicago take a purse or two out of Tampa that "they" are probably not happy with...ironic though that it was more likely than not a Midwest horse that started all of this....
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: November 30, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »

And...I was wrong again....it is Darly stud. 
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: November 30, 2012, 05:54:36 AM »

Hey Equiforce what's your stables timetable for just wintering here and getting ready for the spring meet? I would think with limited options this may become a sad reality soon........
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: November 30, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »

That I don't know. I don't see how the State vet could say no, however, if you wanted to do the testing privately. They don't say yea or nay to any other private vet procedures.

This is what Im to understand Terry. A horse just running a temp is not cause to test according to the state vet. Also you cannot simply have your vet run the test and pay for it without the approval of the state vet. Im guessing thats what the temp logs were for. The horse is supposed to show other symptoms OR be in a barn where there have been positive cases. Also make note that the trainer who lost a horse just Monday raced 2 horses yesterday one in the 5th and one in the 9th. Were these horses tested before they went to the paddock, pony, starting gate? They are very suspect one would think  head shake
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

Matchtown,
It looks like we aren't going to have much of a choice.  We had hoped to go to FL, but there is a meeting being held there this morning to determine if they are going to accept IL horses.  I can pretty much predict that outcome, but will confirm later.
HOPEFULLY, once racing ends on the 31st, Hawthorne will shut these individual barns down for a few weeks and give everyone at least a fighting chance to get healthy....we will see, I guess.  If not, we will be fighting real hard to be placed in a barn where trainers are following protocol.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: November 30, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »

Sport horse,
I was trying to figure out why they want us to keep logs, if they aren't testing horses that have been spiking temps for 10-14 days.  Maybe Hawthorne has made additional cutbacks in the test barn/state vets office and they need the extra paper....for their restrooms....
I think if they start stopping trainers from running horses out of infected barns, they wouldn't be able to fill a race, let alone a race card.  And they would also be acknowledging that what they have been doing, is allowing this virus to spread. 
They cant change their stance now....
That's what I believe anyhow.  I could be wrong.
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: November 30, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »

Another death on Monday this could last into the spring meet if these horses keep getting sick and dying......this is a nightmare for all involved it's like the hotel California you can check in but you can never leave.........
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:47:16 AM by Matchtown » Report to moderator   Logged
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: November 30, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »

Now that song is gonna be stuck in my head all day...lol
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: November 30, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »

Now that song is gonna be stuck in my head all day...lol

Any time someone laments that they have a song stuck in their head I am easily able to remove that song from their head. All you have to do is read below and you will not have Hotel California stuck in your head any more. Ready...go:

"I get knocked down. But I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down. I get knocked down. But I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down."

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »

I love it..thanks Briv...
How is your horse doing ? 
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: November 30, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

I love it..thanks Briv...
How is your horse doing ? 

She's supposed to breeze today and if she goes well she will be entered for Thursday. Then we're going to give her the ol' 90 day break.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #866 on: November 30, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »

This thread got a mention here:
http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/sports/tracknotes_arlington_cries_its.php
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

This is what Im to understand Terry. A horse just running a temp is not cause to test according to the state vet.

It might be that the State isn't going to pay for it at that point.

Also you cannot simply have your vet run the test and pay for it without the approval of the state vet.

I have difficulty believing the State vet would prevent any horseman from running any health test on his horse as long as he was willing to pay the freight himself. In addition the other day Equiforce indicated otherwise, that she could get it done privately if she wished. I think we would need some sort of official word before claiming a a horseman can't do that.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

Sport horse,
I was trying to figure out why they want us to keep logs, if they aren't testing horses that have been spiking temps for 10-14 days.  Maybe Hawthorne has made additional cutbacks in the test barn/state vets office and they need the extra paper....for their restrooms....

When you talked to your vet the other day, and he indicated that so far no one had paid for the testing themselves, did he give you the indication that you were not allowed to get it done yourself?

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:29 AM »

I have difficulty understanding why Hawthorne didn't allow Divito to run for so long, but lets horsemen run now, even if they have a fatality and 4 positives in the barn the day before....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

I have difficulty understanding why Hawthorne didn't allow Divito to run for so long, but lets horsemen run now, even if they have a fatality and 4 positives in the barn the day before....

Maybe you could stop Jim Miller in the hall at the track and ask him. He's always been good about answering my questions.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: November 30, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »

No, he did not give me that indication.  

He expressed to me that he felt the State should test the questionable horses.

Oh, and it's been confirmed.  Tampa Bay Downs won't allow any Illinois horses this meet...

Hey, the good news is....Hawthorne gets its spring meet, healthy or not because no other tracks will take us...

Score:

Hawthorne : 1
Horsemen : 0. (Excluding of course Janks and Gary)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

Sorry, I thought you would know....
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »

At this point, shutting the barns up during the fall and spring meet isn't going to help the situation. There is only like a 45 day break in racing.  So many barns are infected now that I cannot see how this wouldn't carry over to the spring meet.  But hey, with so many horses and trainers locked into Hawthorne they really have no choice except to stay for the spring meet.  Thats one way to ensure the spring meet has entries!
I predict this will unfortunately continue til the end of the spring meet.  And then what?  I guess that will be left for Arlington to decide.  There are so many people effected by this outbreak at this point.  I don't think management fully comprehends the outreaches.  This isn't contained to just the horseman in Illinois any longer.
On another note, I was told last week of a horse in Champaign, Illinois that has also tested positive. Why has there been no mention of this. (Unless I missed it)  The fact that this has migrated off the grounds at Hawthorne should be of major concern.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

At this point, shutting the barns up during the fall and spring meet isn't going to help the situation. There is only like a 45 day break in racing.  So many barns are infected now that I cannot see how this wouldn't carry over to the spring meet.  But hey, with so many horses and trainers locked into Hawthorne they really have no choice except to stay for the spring meet.  Thats one way to ensure the spring meet has entries!
I predict this will unfortunately continue til the end of the spring meet.  And then what?  I guess that will be left for Arlington to decide.  There are so many people effected by this outbreak at this point.  I don't think management fully comprehends the outreaches.  This isn't contained to just the horseman in Illinois any longer.
On another note, I was told last week of a horse in Champaign, Illinois that has also tested positive. Why has there been no mention of this. (Unless I missed it)  The fact that this has migrated off the grounds at Hawthorne should be of major concern.

It is a fairly common virus. I don't know that you can make that leap and claim that a horse testing positive in Champagne is related to the Hawthorne outbreak.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: