Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 04:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 31688 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »

This crapis air borne.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

This crapis air borne.

Yes, but the science says direct contact causes a far higher number of infections.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »

While I understand that Arlington's barns are not winterized I wonder why the following has not been suggested. After all the weather is not so bad currently. Move every horse with a positive test to Arlington. Allow the negative horses to run at Hawthorne and test them if they show any signs of the virus. Use the barns at Arlington to spread out the horses from each other with the non neurological horses kept away from the really sick animals. Require that any horse testing positive remain at Arlington for 21 days after their last negative test. Separate the individuals taking care of these animals from the healthy horses at Hawthorne. Have horsemen work together to deal with the issues of working out of two locations but end this outbreak ASAP. Thoughts?

Please don't tell me Arlington won't work with horsemen and Hawthorne on this. They have an interest in Illinois racing just as much as horsemen do!
What about Quad Cities Downs?
I believe it is still is standing as a racetrack and if so , I'm sure they have winterized barns.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »

Hawthorne doesn't control its property and access thereon?  You might want to rethink your stance on this.

Yes, it does, but you said "manage the quarantine". The State controls that. The Dept of Ag, in fact. The law is very clear on that. The State also controls race meets and race dates.

Hawthorne is, or should be, responsible for providing the personnel to control access to the isolation barn, as well as controlling the gates to the backside, that's for sure. It has also, according to what has been written, taking a lot of steps to disinfect things.

But ultimately, it is the State that says the meet stops, if it needs to.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:20:38 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »

What about Quad Cities Downs?
I believe it is still is standing as a racetrack and if so , I'm sure they have winterized barns.

Again, you can't take sick horses out on the highway.

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »

Just got an update from Steve. Campo Joti is still standing and stable. Hopefully she will pull through.

My filly has a 101.3 fever but not showing any nurological issues yet. Hopefully it stays that way. She's eating some, but not like she usually does.
childewood

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

Again, you can't take sick horses out on the highway.

I must have missed that . My bad.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »

I must have missed that . My bad.

The infectious diseases law that onthebit posted above (or in the other thread) is a very good read.

Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »

Quad city downs barn area now looks like a federal express terminal.......
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »

Terry,
The Dept. of Agriculture is no more at Hawthorne than George Washington.  As serious as this situation is, by now they should have had Field agents in place. 
This morning, the guard they placed (upon my husbands request) at the door of the quarantine barn was sitting in his car, with the seat reclined, napping.  We of course felt bad when our diesel woke him from his slumber.  He did exit the car once we got out of our truck.  But he did not stop us or even attempt to stop us from strolling into the quarantine barn. He had street clothes on, no radio and didn't seem to be very fluent in English when we were asking him questions.  Again, HAWTHORNES answer to the issue of why the quarantine barn isn't being monitored.  It's a slap in the face to the horsemen.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »

Equiforce, this again begs the question where is the ITHA leadership on this?  Their job is to be our advocate. You shouldn't have had to be the one to lead this charge, they should have led it from the first occurrence.  I'm sure you are as disappointed in them as I am.  Thanks for leading the charge on this.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »

Equiforce, did you delete your post about the upcoming election, or was it deleted for you?
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »

That's two bad rumors in two days you posted to the forum.

Right you are Terry! The first was given first hand however and believed to be true which is why we declined and did not move our operation up there. My apologies on the second report....guilty as charged! So which will it be? The guillotine? Hanging? Oh what the hell Ill let you figure heads of BTW decide my fate Kiss
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »

Sporthorse back with usual False "fact"

( always read with a grain of salt)

Ahhhh RED!!!!! Oh how I have missed our little tete-a-tetes!!! Lets see how many lies and false accusations YOU have posted on here about people. HA!!  One word of advise do not take up a profession being a psychic because you suck at it!  nyah
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »

Equiforce, did you delete your post about the upcoming election, or was it deleted for you?

Published political activity after the general nominating meeting is not allowed under ITHA bylaws. Members can find the bylaws on the ITHA website:
http://itharacing.com/static/about/bylaws/

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

It was deleted for me....
Wow.  Are they that threatened by my opinion ?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »

Actually, I didn't realize that my comment was considered campaigning and therefore against the rules.  I will definitely choose my words more carefully in the future as I understand and respect the need to regulate.
I am sure no one actually needs for me to remind them that if it is change they want, it is in their hands to achieve this...
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »

Right you are Terry! The first was given first hand however and believed to be true which is why we declined and did not move our operation up there. My apologies on the second report....guilty as charged! So which will it be? The guillotine? Hanging? Oh what the hell Ill let you figure heads of BTW decide my fate Kiss

You don't need any help. You've dug your own hole regarding the reliability of the stories you're hearing/repeating down there at FP.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

Terry,
The Dept. of Agriculture is no more at Hawthorne than George Washington.  As serious as this situation is, by now they should have had Field agents in place. 

I'd guess the State vet is their duly appointed/delegated representative?

This morning, the guard they placed (upon my husbands request) at the door of the quarantine barn was sitting in his car, with the seat reclined, napping.  We of course felt bad when our diesel woke him from his slumber.  He did exit the car once we got out of our truck.  But he did not stop us or even attempt to stop us from strolling into the quarantine barn. He had street clothes on, no radio and didn't seem to be very fluent in English when we were asking him questions.  Again, HAWTHORNES answer to the issue of why the quarantine barn isn't being monitored.  It's a slap in the face to the horsemen.

Doesn't sound too good.

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »

You don't need any help. You've dug your own hole regarding the reliability of the stories you're hearing/repeating down there at FP.

Well I wasnt at FP I was at Hawthorne during the first incident. Still and all will be sure to keep facts straight.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

Latest: campo Joti is doing the best she's done since showing neurological symptoms. Obviously not out of the woods...but hopefully a good sign.

Camagin still has a fever but is acting normal and eating well. Still no signs of neurological issues.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »

Equiforce, this again begs the question where is the ITHA leadership on this?  Their job is to be our advocate. You shouldn't have had to be the one to lead this charge, they should have led it from the first occurrence.  I'm sure you are as disappointed in them as I am.  Thanks for leading the charge on this.

They are in Springfield trying to get slots.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »

Latest: campo Joti is doing the best she's done since showing neurological symptoms. Obviously not out of the woods...but hopefully a good sign.

Camagin still has a fever but is acting normal and eating well. Still no signs of neurological issues.
[/quote

That is very good news. 

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »

Brivoita,
I cannot tell you how happy I am to get this news !  We saw Steve today, and he really is a trooper.  Hopefully things will continue to be on the improve.

We are hopeful for both fillies.  Please continue to inform the forum firsthand.  It is so important to keep the rumors at bay.

Best of luck.
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »

Equiforce,

Why is the ITHA not backing up your concerns to the state & HAW. management they need to get some backbone.  I comment you, chartwell & bivilota for speaking up.  What about the stewards how are reavis's horses allowed to workout w/ the general population?  State Vets and private vets entering barns without proper protection they should be ashamed.  What are the owners and directors like Block, Goldfine, ect. saying about this?  Do they remain silent?  If so the ITHA should cease to exist.

Sod
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: