Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 11:33:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 31604 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »

I think you might be just a little bit confused.  But that's ok.

I'll clarify.  I was saying that I do not care if the security guards made 10.00 an hour, or 5.00 an hour but that if my help were not following protocol, and it was brought to my attention, by security, I would fire the person not following protocol...

It was not a knock on security.  It was meant to say that I respect their position.

When did I ever say....security guards are our judges ?
Report to moderator   Logged
DaPaver

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

Just a thought , and this is based on a mainly claiming trainer, Drop you horses to the lowest tolerable claiming level , take what you get and hope for the claim, And Head South?
Marcus Hersh

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »

Has anyone heard and/or can confirm that Don Milones also had a horse strickened with the virus this week. 
Is this just a rumour ?

The Millonas horse tested negative.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: December 01, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »

Thank you.

I'm really happy to hear that !

childewood

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: December 01, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »

Looks like another death today according to Marcus.

https://twitter.com/DRFHersh
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: December 01, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

Yes there was. 
The results aren't back yet, as he said, but Mike Reavis had a horse die this morning.

Very, very sad.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: December 01, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »

My understanding Terry Young had a horse in, was treated with lasix and then started showing the symptoms of the virus.  The horse was scratched and moved to the quarantine barn for testing.  If he tests neg. he can return to his reg. barn.
1. This is a prime example of why horses that are entered should be tested! ( He had already received Lasix!!)
2. If the horses does test neg., he is being surrounded by the virus right now by being placed in the quarantine barn.  And then will be immediately released to return to his original barn!
Sounds like an ass-backward way of doing things...Point being, this horse was entered, treated, and ready to run. They are almost certain this horse will test positive as he wasn't in the best of shape when he was moved..
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: December 01, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »

I hadn't heard about that. 

But Sparky, it's everywhere.  No one is protected any longer as they were during barn A outbreak.

It's almost as if, at this point, the horses tht are going to be able to fight it off, will live.  The ones that aren't, won't if it isn't detected early enough.  The quarantine barn is just a token at this point.  A means for the horsemen to have a sense of security that something is being done to control this beast. 
Horses train together, run together, go to the test barn after racing together, etc.  it doesn't even make a lick of sense AT THIS POINT, to stop racing, if there is still going to be training and vice versa.

sparky

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »

Its just very sad. And I guess, hard for me to except that more horses are dying and being exposed.  It just goes to show that aside from being tested, NO ONE can deem a horse on the grounds healthy enough to race!  This is like a vicious circle that will continue unless different measures are put into place.  What is it going to take ?  A horse going down during racing and having everyone see ? 
I have so many friends there, it breaks my heart that this has yet to be brought under control.
One more questions, not that any sane person would..but why on earth are they still allowing horses to ship into the track?
The Turf Monster

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: December 01, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »

This is complete failure by all involved parties
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: December 01, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

I honestly didn't know that they are still allowing horses to ship in....oh, and don't be shocked if they do, if allowed.  I'm not sure there is of much more that can shock me.

I think in one way or another, most of us have been exposed to this virus.  Just pray for the horses.
There isn't much else we can do besides that...
(In addition to what we are doing individually)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: December 01, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »

Two more, just this week. 
big wally

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »

Just wondering when will the first Lawsuit be filed and against whom. Seems like there could be a case of gross negligence.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »

Seems that way.

Only time will tell, I guess.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: December 01, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »

Doubtful though, since the motto is "trainer responsibility"....
Which shouldn't always be the case.  The track should have the responsibility of a safe environment.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: December 01, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

Well wait, according to you, $5-an-hour rent-a-cops are your judges:

You and others like you are the reasons why nobody cares about Hawthorne!!!!

If Hawthorne was entombed tomorrow, horse racing wouldn't miss it.

Do you know honest and balance terry?
He seems to be insinuating the same things you have just advocated!
Don't you think these horsemen and their horses have been threw enough and without this kind mudslinging?
So you blame the demise of racing at Hawthorne on  a caring trainers wife?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: December 01, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »

Equiforce,

Corey Patton said it best over 1 week ago the claiming needs to stop.  He and Sparky offer common sense.  How come Haw. won't listen to reasonable people like him.  Why does reavis have all of his horses drinking fron the same container?  Another cheap  screw?  Did you read J. Divito's quote about the situation @ Haw in the DRF.  To sum it up he said it's a big F###### mess.  I'm suprised the the big outfits like Block, Haran, Dorris and Williamson don't have barns full of sick horses by now.

Sod
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

Sodgod, at this point, it isn't even the claiming anymore.  It was the complete lack of a "real" quarantine.

I can kind of understand the reason why trainers (including ourselves) are claiming....

First, since there is so much movement with racing and training, it's at the point now that it's in so many barns, the claiming is just not significant.   And trainers can't just sit here and go out of business.  Dd I feel this way a month ago ?  NO.  But it's so out of control now, that my opinion has changed with the change of circumstance.

I don't know if Cory has gone to management with his opinion. We have, a couple of others that I personally know of have, but honestly,  when you have a couple of trainers saying to the press that everyone is doing everything possible, bah, blah, blah...that's what is being put out there.
I woud LOVE for any trainers, willing to take a stand to contact me and build a large enough group, that they would have no choice but to listen...but people are afraid to voice their opinion. 
Lets face it...nothing is going to change...unless we do unite..and, that doesn't mean on dec. 30th.
Divito should be LIVID.  He was SHUT down.  Which is hardly the protocol now...Reavis' horse was a fatality this morning and when we asked if we should stay in the barn...the answer was....no...
And YES, one big water trough....now that's what I call proper sanitation....the last goes on and on....
But I reiterate...any trainers that would like to get together as a group and address this with management, the dept of AG, the press, etc....please contact me...we really need for this to happen if we expect anyone to listen. 
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: December 01, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »

I woud LOVE for any trainers, willing to take a stand to contact me and build a large enough group, that they would have no choice but to listen...but people are afraid to voice their opinion. 

But I reiterate...any trainers that would like to get together as a group and address this with management, the dept of AG, the press, etc....please contact me...we really need for this to happen if we expect anyone to listen. 

We are supposed to have that group already, the ITHA.  I believe that's who dropped the ball as much as anyone.  They are to be our advocate, we PAY them to be our advocate. In this instance they were worthless until forced into action by Equiforce.

Here's hoping the election brings a change.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:04:07 PM by beobob » Report to moderator   Logged
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: December 01, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »

Equiforce, thankfully we don't have any horses stabled there currently.  But if there is anything I can do, let me know.  We are stabled down state at Fairmount. My biggest fear is that a case comes up here. 
I have no problem circulating a petition or whatever you may need help with...
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: December 01, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

Equiforce, thankfully we don't have any horses stabled there currently.  But if there is anything I can do, let me know.  We are stabled down state at Fairmount. My biggest fear is that a case comes up here. 
I have no problem circulating a petition or whatever you may need help with...

I was hoping mine would be back at FP after this meet. Doesn't look like that's going to happen at this rate.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: December 01, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »

I think you might be just a little bit confused.  But that's ok.

I'll clarify.  I was saying that I do not care if the security guards made 10.00 an hour, or 5.00 an hour but that if my help were not following protocol, and it was brought to my attention, by security, I would fire the person not following protocol...

It was not a knock on security.  It was meant to say that I respect their position.

When did I ever say....security guards are our judges ?

I don't think it's realistic to think that a rent-a-cop is going to be properly trained in barn procedures and quarantine best practices to be walking around back there identifying lapses and telling horsemen how they should be doing something different. It's apparent that some portion of actual backside help can't even be trained.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: December 01, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »

The Millonas horse tested negative.

Did he have one put down due to other causes?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: December 01, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »

My understanding Terry Young had a horse in, was treated with lasix and then started showing the symptoms of the virus.  The horse was scratched and moved to the quarantine barn for testing.  If he tests neg. he can return to his reg. barn.
1. This is a prime example of why horses that are entered should be tested! ( He had already received Lasix!!)

How would you see the logistics of this working, seeing as how it apparently takes a few days to get back test results as it is and now you're asking for 80-90 per day more, who would pay for all the tests, and would a negative test from a sample two-three days ago ensure the horse was running virus free today?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

I honestly didn't know that they are still allowing horses to ship in....

Last I read from one of the official updates, they weren't.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: