Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 07:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 32933 times)
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: December 08, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

I'd like to add also that of the trainers mentioned, Mcmullin, Dini, Granitz (except a few he had in Indiana), Tim Ice, Gary scherer (with the exception of a couple), Richie scherer , Rivelli, mason,Divito, all had most of their horses here.  The exception are a few horses, here and there, literally.
Catalano and stidham are the two exceptions. 
Of these trainers, I've spoken to Tim Ice, Divito, Mcmullin, Dini, granitz personally and have frequent contact with Bennett....
Report to moderator   Logged
jimk

Ignore
« Reply #1226 on: December 08, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »

Equiforce that is some good comedy there.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1227 on: December 08, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

Equiforce that is some good comedy there.

TMI

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1228 on: December 08, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Wanted to dispel the I'm not funny at all theory...
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #1229 on: December 08, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

of those mentioned its between 4-5 hundred starts thus far and would be more had divito been allowed to run the whole time. the majority of those barns win at a nice clip so im sure it wouldnt bother some other trainers/owners to have easier competition. maybe if the purses were what they were this past spring and last fall again it might persuade some people back if they thought about not coming

Of the trainers he mentioned, "richie scherer, gary scherer, catalano, hinsley, dini, danny miller, roussel, mcmullen, bennet, ice, granitz, mason, peitz, stidham, divito, rivelli, matthews", most didn't have the "bulk" of them here this year anyhow, did they?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: December 08, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »

Perhaps you are right.  Smiley
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: December 08, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »

of those mentioned its between 4-5 hundred starts thus far and would be more had divito been allowed to run the whole time. the majority of those barns win at a nice clip so im sure it wouldnt bother some other trainers/owners to have easier competition. maybe if the purses were what they were this past spring and last fall again it might persuade some people back if they thought about not coming

A lot of those guys have been based in Chicago for years. It would be a big change for them to totally uproot and skip Hawthorne entirely. Some of the others like Louie Roussel or Peitz or Stidham or Ingrid Mason or even Rivelli, not such a big deal to stay away altogether. I guess we shall see.

sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: December 08, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »

Still waiting for you to detail just exactly what those other tracks did that Hawthorne did NOT do.

And, by the way, where were all you whistle blowers and 2nd guessers when the bug was still confined to Barn A and Hawthorne was allegedly NOT doing everything other tracks have done? Honestly, did you ever even go down to Barn A personally and take a look at what was being done or not done?
              If you really read the transcripts of the Beulah virus you wouldnt be needing to ask that question! The difference was they ENFORCED quarantine and protocol!!!! They didnt just post some rosy picture info on whinnies or pass out sheets,of papers with the protocol listed on there  doh
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »

Sport horse,
Still no sources either...
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: December 08, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »

She says, as she once again responds ...  screwy

Look, I believe Brivolta truly cares about his horse first. I believe the same of Chartwell, since I know him. Beobob, jury's out. But you and sporthorse have exposed yourselves, using "horse welfare" to run interference for the irritation this outbreak is causing you monetarily and logistically. Sick.

Ive exposed myself???  We chose not to take our horses up there for their safety and welfare! Had it been all about logistics and money we would be right smack dab in the thick of it. We had to wait out a 30 day quarantine for CD and the drive there is no further for us than Hawthorne. The ONLY monetary loss that we have had is waiting for our 30 day quarantine and not being able to run thru December. After watching what some of these other horsemen are going thru I think we came out way ahead! Equiforce didnt have a choice in the matter but Ill bet my bottom dollar she does the next time around  Wink
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: December 08, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »

Sporthorse,
Don't get riled by the "exposed" yourself thing...mr. Knows all...STILL hasn't answered the question asked quite a while ago regarding his "inside sources"....we've been pretty straight forward. 
He does always somehow manage to redirect everything that he doesn't want to acknowledge in another direction.
I think most of the HORSEMEN here know why...
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: December 08, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »

If you really read the transcripts of the Beulah virus you wouldnt be needing to ask that question! The difference was they ENFORCED quarantine and protocol!!!! They didnt just post some rosy picture info on whinnies or pass out sheets,of papers with the protocol listed on there  doh

Please point us to "the transcripts of the Beulah virus" so we can all read. Or are these just another thing someone "told you about".

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: December 08, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »

Ive exposed myself??? We chose not to take our horses up there for their safety and welfare!

Yes. Your continual complaining about this outbreak, once you made that decision, is about nothing more than the economic inconvenience it is causing you personally. It is your economics versus those of the other horsemen who want to continue to run. Nothing more.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: December 08, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »

And again....quotes...but no information on your sources...your expert, behind the scenes sources.  Go ahead...attack Sporthorse....it's become a joke...Sporthorse doesn't have to defend himself. 
Sporthorse is a horseman.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »

And again....quotes...but no information on your sources

The sources is her own posts to this thread. No need to keep quoting them again and again. Her frustration at this point is her horses stuck downstate with no place to race. It's understandable, but it's nothing but economics and money, hers versus someone else's.

Sporthorse is a horseman.

If I'm not mistaken, she's a horse woman.

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »

And the only motivation I can figure for Honest and balanced Sheldon Cooper is to desperately try to make up for some epic failure in a highschool debate class from years gone past. He owns no horses anymore, doesn't even bet much from what he has said so really, what's his reason for the 200 plus posts he has subjected us to on this topic?
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:49 PM »

Thoroughbred...not just 200 posts. 200, let me drink from the Hawthorne kool aid fountain posts...
 I get questioned repeatedly about my sources, which are most often my vet, a trainer involved or on occasion a closed door meeting with the state vet, jim miller and Tim Carey, but in all of his arrogance, he doesn't have to do the same. 
His attempt to brow-beat me, has failed miserably and he has now taken to insults.
It doesn't show MY insecurities, it shows his. 

Oh, and I'm SURE, Sporthorse doesn't have a problem being called a horseman. I consider myself a HORSEMAN as well.  I don't ave insecurities about my gender.

I'm finding that there are just some people who really don't care about the true issue...horses are dying, needlessly.

But, I am also finding that it is the exception, not the rule...
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: December 08, 2012, 11:36:55 PM »

Yes. Your continual complaining about this outbreak, once you made that decision, is about nothing more than the economic inconvenience it is causing you personally. It is your economics versus those of the other horsemen who want to continue to run. Nothing more.

You have such a profound knack for twisting ones words dont you? My economics VS those who wish to run?? Please do make some sense of this. My economics have nothing to do with trainers who wish to run.  Ive stated this several times before that they should have shut down at the very onset. But do what you do best...it suits you so well.
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: December 08, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60770/virus-precautions-stepped-up-at-beulah-park

One example of Beulah ENFORCING bio-security measures...
sporthorse

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: December 08, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »

Sporthorse,
Don't get riled by the "exposed" yourself thing...mr. Knows all...STILL hasn't answered the question asked quite a while ago regarding his "inside sources"....we've been pretty straight forward. 
He does always somehow manage to redirect everything that he doesn't want to acknowledge in another direction.
I think most of the HORSEMEN here know why...

Not to worry E. I actually think this is the one small section of the world where Terry feels omnipotent Ill give him grace. Life holds enough troubles of its own to be upset over a life long blogger who likes to harass people.. Cool
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: December 09, 2012, 12:04:08 AM »

Sporthorse,
You are being very generous. 

I do agree that there are more important things going on in our lives.  I will just continue to post what I confirm as truth, as I have done.

I don't care what he thinks.  If I discouraged 1 horse from shipping in or helped 1 trainer by putting info out there on disinfecting, and safety measures...I'm good with that...   Smiley

Don't let him get to you
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: December 09, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »

It's getting to the point of being a bad joke.........And not a peep on here from the big lefty (Jim Miller) he's been a little shy the last 6 months on here ........
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »

And not a peep on here from the big lefty (Jim Miller) he's been a little shy the last 6 months on here ........

There is no point in Jim Miller coming on here now -- not with all of the "experts" here who will tell him what he should have done, and when.

Myself, I can't wait until the "Equiforce / Sporthorse Downs" racetrack opens up...why, it will be the most perfectly managed racetrack the world has ever seen!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »

The BTW corollary to Godwin's Law is that every horse-related argument will eventually degenerate into people accusing other posters of Not Caring As Much About Horses As They Themselves Do.  It never fails.  head shake
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: December 09, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »

Thoroughbred...not just 200 posts. 200, let me drink from the Hawthorne kool aid fountain posts...
 I get questioned repeatedly about my sources, which are most often my vet, a trainer involved or on occasion a closed door meeting with the state vet, jim miller and Tim Carey, but in all of his arrogance, he doesn't have to do the same.  

If I ever post anything that I represent as a "fact", I do post my sources, either a news story or a posting from the ITHA or whatever, that anyone here can read and evaluate for themselves.

Opinions, on the other hand, are opinions, and don't need sources..

I'm finding that there are just some people who really don't care about the true issue...horses are dying, needlessly.

My opinion is that that "true issue" takes back seat to economics. Why? Because posters who are continually blasting and ridiculing other entities for not taking every possible precaution no matter what the expense are making economics first decisions themselves. Posters who urge others to take a financial hit take actions that demonstrate they're not willing to take that same financial hit for principle themselves.

For instance, let's look at your own economics first decisions.

When your horses got sick, you went on about how irresponsible it was to send horses in your barn out with the general population, but you only kept yours off the track in support of that horses first principle a couple days. Pretty quick they were right back out there. Was that an economic decision that trumped the horse welfare of other trainers, or did you suddenly decide the practice didn't really endanger other horses? If the latter, so much for the racing out of sick barns argument.

You continually rail against continuing to race as a possible source of transmission and claim everyone should take the bullet on that one, but at the same time you send your own horses out to race and compete for money even after admitting you do not know for sure they're actually through the exposed and shedded process, instead of taking every possible precaution by keeping them in the barn and away from that nasty racing. That's an economic decision that trumps taking every possible precaution for horse welfare. Right? Or is racing really not that dangerous?

You've claimed a horse and brought it into your barn after denouncing that practice for moving the disease around, and quite defiantly said right up front that was a decision of economics, that they're "not going to put you out of business". Or did you suddenly decide it's not really dangerous to claim horses and move them around?

Just saying here that the principles of horses and horsemanship first, all expenses and inconvenience be damned, go the last mile and take every single precaution for your own horses as well as those of others, seem to sometimes come up 2nd fiddle even in some of the best of barns. So then those of us reading these complaints are left staring at the actual facts of economics, whose are more important, and how this conflict truly underlies a lot of these arguments and complaints.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:55:54 AM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: