Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 04:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is nothing being done at Hawthorne  (Read 35607 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: December 05, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »

I think we saw how inspired leadership (whether elected or not) can cause action with this thread.  We needed strong, forceful leadership from the beginning.  Procedures with consequences for failure to comply.  I'm sure that most involved at Hawthorne now would have chosen a month of pain over the open ended nightmare we're in that appears to have no end in sight.

I think everyone got complacent after the first outbreak seemed to have abated, and dropped their guard. I'm hopeful now that the 2nd wave has come along and bit more people in the ass that people will realize this is truly serious, and try to take the recommended steps to keep it from going on indefinitely. Not all, for sure, but more.
Report to moderator   Logged

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »

they had a press release saying they thought it was under "control" twice, that would make this the  third wave atleast would it not? not everyone got complacent, maybe some horsemen and the track did but not everyone. some just seemed to have said fu** everybody else i dont care about the risk as long as i can make money track included. as much as it pains you to admit terry you have to admit it that hawthorne has messed up big time here and no theyre not the only ones that have

I think everyone got complacent after the first outbreak seemed to have abated, and dropped their guard. I'm hopeful now that the 2nd wave has come along and bit more people in the ass that people will realize this is truly serious, and try to take the recommended steps to keep it from going on indefinitely. Not all, for sure, but more.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: December 05, 2012, 03:56:36 PM »

as much as it pains you to admit terry you have to admit it that hawthorne has messed up big time here and no theyre not the only ones that have

No, I don't think Hawthorne messed up big time. I think they did about what could be expected. The only place I thought they fell down was not limiting access to K-2 initially.

sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: December 05, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »

Sporthorse,

You hit the nail on the head.  Haw and the state have messed this up from the beginning.   Bomb  Was Bruggerman's pony ever tested?  Cowboy horsemen had let to the continuation of the problem.  DRF says the quarantine won't be lifted anytime soon now that the horse which passed away over the weekend in barn E. has tested positive.  Tim Ice gets a jail out of free card to KY.  thumbs up  I hope Haw. is planning on having a cleaning co. sanitize each and every barn/stall when this is finally over like the N.Y. subway terminals after hurricane sandy hit.  God knows those barns need it.

Sod
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: December 05, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

Was Bruggerman's pony ever tested?

Did anyone at the time (like for instance his vet) report that pony as having the kind of symptoms that would motivate anyone to order tests?

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: December 05, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

think it said tim ice relocated somewhere within illinois and i assume hes planning on going to oaklawn but it doesnt necessarily mean theyll let him in just becuase he got his horses off the track here

Sporthorse,

You hit the nail on the head.  Haw and the state have messed this up from the beginning.   Bomb  Was Bruggerman's pony ever tested?  Cowboy horsemen had let to the continuation of the problem.  DRF says the quarantine won't be lifted anytime soon now that the horse which passed away over the weekend in barn E. has tested positive.  Tim Ice gets a jail out of free card to KY.  thumbs up  I hope Haw. is planning on having a cleaning co. sanitize each and every barn/stall when this is finally over like the N.Y. subway terminals after hurricane sandy hit.  God knows those barns need it.

Sod
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: December 05, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »

Equiforce,

Did you hear if bruggerman's pony was tested?  Thought is passed away either right before or during the opening week of the meet.

Thanks,
Sod
Chris Szulc

« Reply #1032 on: December 05, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »

Heard today that FG joined the list of tracks that is denying horses that have come from Hawthorne directly or indirectly. This apparently includes Gary Scherer's horses that have gone to the secondary quarantine site in Kentucky.
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: December 05, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »

Would love to know whats to prevent the trainer that was allowed to locate in Illinois from bringing his horses into Fairmount to train?  Hopefully no one will say something silly like "security"!
We stable at Fairmount and have not run a horse since the beginning of October!  It has greatly impacted our bottom line.  And yes, it has been our choice not to ship there.  And honestly, I don't see us shipping in for the spring meet either.  Regardless of an "all clear" or not.  We will sit out or ship south. 
sparky

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »

Any one hear anything on Terry Youngs horse that was scratched and moved to K-2?  Positive or no?  Just curious, find it odd that it hasn't been mentioned...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

Sod,
No, brug's pony was not tested.  None of us were made aware that a pony had gotten sick and died here, just before the meet until well after barn A was in lockdown.  I'm not so sure they tried to cover it up, I would think that it was dismissed because it was the pony.   I have 2 ponies and I'm not sure I would send mine for an necropsy if one were to pass away.  After this hit, there was definitely room for speculation though.

Sparky,
Don't find it so odd that it was never mentioned.  ALOT going on here isn't mentioned....people that like to think that they know what is going on because of the "not so informative" memos being put out....they have no clue what is really going on here...
Just talked to one of the FIRST trainers hit and one of the things we had talked about was the fact that he was not able to race a horse for 2 months...yet why were WE allowed to run one THE SAME DAY  one died in the shed we share with another trainer...AND the trainer with the fatality ran horses same day as well....not to mention his assistant saddled horses all the same day as a valet...
If you find something that's NOT odd about this entire situation and how it's been handed, please....tell me. Smiley
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #1036 on: December 05, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

Just talked to one of the FIRST trainers hit and one of the things we had talked about was the fact that he was not able to race a horse for 2 months...

Only horses in that barn had been exposed, so only that barn was quarantined.

yet why were WE allowed to run one THE SAME DAY  one died in the shed we share with another trainer...AND the trainer with the fatality ran horses same day as well....not to mention his assistant saddled horses all the same day as a valet...
If you find something that's NOT odd about this entire situation and how it's been handed, please....tell me. Smiley

The tests were not back yet to confirm positives, and by that time the entire backside was quarantined because everyone was assumed to be exposed.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »

Sparky,
Don't find it so odd that it was never mentioned.  ALOT going on here isn't mentioned....people that like to think that they know what is going on because of the "not so informative" memos being put out....they have no clue what is really going on here...

And on the other hand, we have people who claim to have special backside insight who are regularly posting rumors that turn out to be bogus, so go figure.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »

I can only speak for myself on that, and I have tried to inform and avoid exaggeration....I've tried to keep an open mind and I've also tried to discourage rumors.  And it's abundantly clear that first hand, in any situation, is more reliable than 2nd or even third hand.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: December 05, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

Jrstark....(excuse me while I laugh),

A horse, suspiciously died....in a barn.....that has had no less than 5 positives, including another fatality...in the past couple of weeks....
......it would be FAIR and precautionary to assume it didn't die of An OAT ALLERGY...
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »

Terry,
Jennifer Ice, Tim's wife emailed me a copy of the new, (as of Dec. 3, 2012) protocol to move horses from Hawthorne.  I can't seem to figure out how to post it from my iPad. I was wondering if you would mind eloping me with this.

Understandably so, they didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, so didn't publicise ad of the info until it had proven successful.

I'm sure everyone is hopeful it works out for Tim.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »

I can only speak for myself on that, and I have tried to inform and avoid exaggeration....I've tried to keep an open mind and I've also tried to discourage rumors.  And it's abundantly clear that first hand, in any situation, is more reliable than 2nd or even third hand.

I seem to recall just the other day someone "on the inside" reporting a rumor that Don Millonas had a horse die from herpes.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:30 PM »

Terry,
Jennifer Ice, Tim's wife emailed me a copy of the new, (as of Dec. 3, 2012) protocol to move horses from Hawthorne.  I can't seem to figure out how to post it from my iPad. I was wondering if you would mind eloping me with this.

I don't mind helping you, but I think we should put the ixnay on that eloping talk, at least in public.

How long is it, and what form is it in? The easiest answer would probably be just to copy it and past it into a post here, I'd think.

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: December 05, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »

If you could re-post when I said that Milones had a horse a horse die, I'd appreciate it.  I may have asked if anyone had info, but recall saying that I did not believe that he had.....next ?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: December 05, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »

If you could re-post when I said that Milones had a horse a horse die, I'd appreciate it.  I may have asked if anyone had info, but recall saying that I did not believe that he had.....next ?

Has anyone heard and/or can confirm that Don Milones also had a horse strickened with the virus this week.  
Is this just a rumour ?

I guess that doesn't say "died", does it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:32:10 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: December 05, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »

ROFL......ok...Terry, just re-read your text...and noticed my own mistake...I won't mention to him that this whole trainers wife thing is getting stressful, if you won't....
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »

I don't mind helping you, but I think we should put the ixnay on that eloping talk, at least in public.

Lol!!!
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: December 05, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »

Ok, I was asking for info...not spreading rumors...that's good, right ?

I tried copying and pasting....but I am simply a trainers wife (And ex-jock) which obviously limits me.  I don't use a computer, I use an iPad and things seem to be more difficult sometimes with copying and pasting.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »

Again, that confirms why I asked for help from the evil genius to get this new protocol posted.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

Ok, I was asking for info...not spreading rumors...that's good, right ?

This is the one I must have been thinking about, in answer to my subsequent question whether Millonas had one in K-2:

I don't know how many horses are in K-2 right now.  I know we have 3, the same ones that tested pos. when ginger was put down.  And that same day, reavis' filly was moved over there.  But I've had a couple of people message me saying that he had to put a horse down.  Dale heard the same thing at the track today.  I was wondering if anyone had a way to confirm this.

and I will have to disagree with you, when you put any rumor here on the forum whether you're asking about it or not, that's spreading rumors. Someone is going  to read that, but somehow miss when Marcus comes along and dispels it.

I tried copying and pasting....but I am simply a trainers wife (And ex-jock) which obviously limits me.  I don't use a computer, I use an iPad and things seem to be more difficult sometimes with copying and pasting.

What kind of document is it?

As far as I've seen for iPads, you just click with your finger on the first part of the text and it makes a little circle, and then kind of drag your finger to the end and release and it makes another little circle and then it all highlights and a "copy" tab pops up.

Here's more info: http://www.ehow.com/how_5948054_copy-paste-ipad.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:44:55 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: