Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 09:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine may be lifted soon???  (Read 1699 times)
DaPaver

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

Jewelia Ann was not claimed ! but did change barns and trainer. It's not the time to be shifting horses around!
Report to moderator   Logged
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »

Ok. Thanks for the info.  I completely agree.  But you also have to understand that a lot of owners are in the dark right now.  It may very well be ignorance as opposed to carelessness.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 09:49:15 PM »

That's a good one.  First of all, you need UNITY. 
Second, what do you think would happen if 7-8 of the larger stables did just that, what do you suppose the smaller outfits will do ?

Start rumors about how sick their horses must be?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

Nope.  They would fill the races hoping to score a win while the big guys are covering their asses.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »

Nope.  They would fill the races hoping to score a win while the big guys are covering their asses.

That's possible, but so what? The important point would be you keeping your horses safe in your barn and away from all the ones mingling out on the track, wouldn't it? (Unless the small outfits are returning to your barn, of course.)

But your answer does confirm one suspicion I had, in that it's not just the racetrack concerned about the almighty dollar in this difficult time. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:39:40 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »

No Terry, it didn't confirm anything. 
Fact of the matter is...we stood up today, practically begging for help from not only Hawthorne, but the other trainers.....
Has ONE trainer come forward to say....I've got your back, I will fight this with you, NO.  That speaks VOLUMNS .  I didn't hide my identity, everyone knows who Equiforce is, I wasn't a coward hiding behind a clever, fun nickname....I came to this forum, to inform people of the latest fatality, so that they could Make decisions in their own stables to protect their horses and livelihoods. 
If you would like to address this as a man, I welcome you to come to my barn and WITNESS how I run my stable and am fighting to protect my horses.  Until you do so, you must understand that that makes you an ignoramus.  You are commenting and criticizing, when you have absolutely no first hand knowledge of what really goes on, on the backside.
It just seems like you like to argue...how is that working out for you in life ? 
I won't be drawn in to your nasty comments....an offer has been made....SHIT or get off of the pot.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »

If I misinterpreted your comment, feel free to correct me. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

No Terry, it didn't confirm anything.

Sure it did. You said the small trainers would go for the $$$ if they had the chance.

Fact of the matter is...we stood up today, practically begging for help from not only Hawthorne, but the other trainers.....
Has ONE trainer come forward to say....I've got your back, I will fight this with you, NO.  That speaks VOLUMNS

Yes it does. It says those other horsemen are making decisions based on $$$.

I didn't hide my identity, everyone knows who Equiforce is, I wasn't a coward hiding behind a clever, fun nickname....I came to this forum, to inform people of the latest fatality, so that they could Make decisions in their own stables to protect their horses and livelihoods.  
If you would like to address this as a man, I welcome you to come to my barn and WITNESS how I run my stable and am fighting to protect my horses.  Until you do so, you must understand that that makes you an ignoramus.  You are commenting and criticizing, when you have absolutely no first hand knowledge of what really goes on, on the backside.

So, I would guess that my ~16 years of thoroughbred racehorse ownership in 7 (or maybe more) states, and I couldn't even tell you how many trainers on how many backsides, DQ's me from the knowledge of how trainers both good and bad think and run their barns?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:19:40 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »

There are good seeds and bad seeds that come out during times of adversity.....the bad seeds will enter, to gain favor in the racing office for the future ( which they don't realize...the racing office as an extremely short term memory issue)
So, don't delude yourself that a few bigger trainers not entering would have a long term impact.  They'll still get stalls, the tracks need them....some, just don't care.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 11:37:19 PM »

There are good seeds and bad seeds that come out during times of adversity.....the bad seeds will enter, to gain favor in the racing office for the future ( which they don't realize...the racing office as an extremely short term memory issue)
So, don't delude yourself that a few bigger trainers not entering would have a long term impact.  They'll still get stalls, the tracks need them....some, just don't care.

I was not deluding myself at all. I know how it is. My original question was more in the rhetorical line, simply trying to make the point in another fashion that it isn't entirely those darn greedy racetrack owners who want the racing to continue for monetary reasons.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: