Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 10:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello IRB, Track Stewards And Conspiracy NonBelievers:Inside Info For You..  (Read 1411 times)
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

First go "F" yourself.  I have owned and bred race horses.

Secondly starting a jog session at :30 quarters and keeping up the pace for as long as the horse can go is basically what happened.

Show me you know the difference?

Why don't trainers jog a horse in the morning 3-6 miles on race day?
A jog mile can be anything from 3 - 4 minutes, depending on the horse, track condition.  A training mile can be anywhere from 1:55 to 2:15, again depending on the horse and track condition.

A :30 second quarter is a 2:00 mile.  Your contention is this trainer went 6 consecutive 2:00 miles? Craziest thing I've ever heard.

No trainer would do that.  Too much risk to hurting the horse.  Ligaments, suspensories, joints, you risk killing yourself as well as the horse.

How many miles does a horse warm up before it races?  Ever hear of doubleheaders?  Ever see one go the right way warming up?  How long is the prerace detention?  How many miles do you suppose a horse goes once it gets out on the track for the post parade at Balmoral?  Ever see one really fly scoring down?

Report to moderator   Logged

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »

Jury is still out on that one, ace, as I have a question in to the IRB about what having $492 "still alive" in a $15k pick 4 pool actually means. So far the somewhat inscrutable explanation from Balmoral seems to indicate that's the total original cost of the tickets that are still alive, not 492 different live tickets.

You know we are on the same political team so I hate having to vent on your posts.

But you attacked me by defending Smolin over an event that is documented and you know happened.

I haven't gotten over that yet.

I stated in one of the other threads that Balmoral does say live tickets but I agree with you that it has to represent total live dollars.

And live dollars in the pool does not equal total live combinations in the pool. Balmoral should know the difference.

To me if there are 100 live separate tickets in the pk5 pool total value could be any amount $50 or more.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

A :30 second quarter is a 2:00 mile.  Your contention is this trainer went 6 consecutive 2:00 miles? Craziest thing I've ever heard.

No trainer would do that.  Too much risk to hurting the horse.  Ligaments, suspensories, joints, you risk killing yourself as well as the horse.

Only in your head did I say this trainer went 6 consecutive 2:00 miles! screwy

Starting out at a :30 second clip and going till the horse tires is NOT saying 6 consecutive miles at a 2:00 clip.

The 6 miles was an estimate of how far the horse went until he tired and gave up.

But why would you think a trainer who uses drugs to cheat would care about the risk of over exercising one before a race?
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »

First of all, swood, no trainer in the world is going to go a first quarter in :30 seconds right from the get go.  A sure way to break one down.

Please answer the question I posed to you in my previous post.

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

But you attacked me by defending Smolin over an event that is documented and you know happened.

I "attacked" your repeated story that Bobby was involved in the odds manipulation, and that the two (or one) made any kind of score, mutuel or otherwise, out of it. So far you have not delivered that evidence.

I stated in one of the other threads that Balmoral does say live tickets but I agree with you that it has to represent total live dollars.

And live dollars in the pool does not equal total live combinations in the pool. Balmoral should know the difference.

To me if there are 100 live separate tickets in the pk5 pool total value could be any amount $50 or more.

Based on how much "live" money was left after the 2nd leg that the favorite won, 1/10 of what was there after the 1st, I have to imagine it was probably really 492 total live combinations after that 1st leg.

At any rate (and I see it was $491 not $492, and $30k, not $15k duh!), all I've got so far from Balmoral, via the IRB is "$491 live tickets isn't that much considering there was close to $30K bet into the pool so after the first leg less than 2% of the tickets were still live". Maybe someone else can figure that one out?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »

Please do not argue with this guy, he does not have a clue.
Doobie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »

This is the DUMBEST thing I have ever *** heard what a *** lunatic!!!!
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »

This is the DUMBEST thing I have ever *** heard what a *** lunatic!!!!
and not confinded to a bin or an asylum...  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Illinois sucks

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »

Only been around a few years as a owner and I get that there is a bad element in racing and once that element sets in it because a disease.  Trainers need to keep up with the Jone's especially on the Grand Circuit but also with these states that have slots where the money is over flowing.  Once a trainer gets to the top don't you think his ego sets in and the pressure mounts with big yearling purchases to stay on top.  The two things that make me hate this sport is how easily disposable these animals are and the drugs.  After reading up on EPO and it's effects it is really disgusting to think what happens when used wrong or if a horse isn't weaned off correctly.  Not mention all the other drugs.  Everyone may think Knowitall may be a little nuts but he isn't wrong with it the Ill's of horse racing he is just over the top at times.  As much as the effort is to make a negative light on the sport wish as much energy went into making some positive noise.  My only feeling on this subject again is the animals are breed to speed more than they were 20, 30,40 years ago.  Yes read the hoof beat articles on Brett Hanover and how a training machine he was week to week.  But if a trainer is doing 30 second splits for six miles just to by pass a check I think there are easier ways.  Whose to say those six miles won't have a lasting effect to the following week race where the trainer was hoping to cash a bigger win ticket.  I get it to many low life's in this business but for some reason we all come back either as a owner, trainer, or gambler.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »

Jury is still out on that one, ace, as I have a question in to the IRB about what having $492 "still alive" in a $15k pick 4 pool actually means. So far the somewhat inscrutable explanation from Balmoral seems to indicate that's the total original cost of the tickets that are still alive, not 492 different live tickets.

You are TOTALLY WRONG. Don't ask the IRB-they know very little about much of anything. Ask Mudro (the mutuel manager at Balmoral) and he will tell you that it is the amount of money that is still alive after each leg of the multiple race bet(that is, already having the winners of the previous races and other following races prospective winners). Are you trying to say that the "$492" is the "original" amount wagered on each ticket still alive ??
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »

knowitall....the more you open ur mouth the more it is a fact that  urs is just a screen name  cause u dont know chit....first off there is 100 ways to get a horse  beat that dont involve putting the harness on him. I  iknow of horses that flat thrive on WORK  and if you have owned and bred horses then you are part of whats wrong with our business if ur no smarter than that
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »

You are TOTALLY WRONG. Don't ask the IRB-they know very little about much of anything.

The IRB has the auditors to look at the pools, and they're required by law to at least respond to my questions.

Ask Mudro (the mutuel manager at Balmoral) and he will tell you that it is the amount of money that is still alive after each leg of the multiple race bet(that is, already having the winners of the previous races and other following races prospective winners).

I would have asked him but didn't have his email, nor is he required to answer me. Your explanation makes sense except for how much money died after the 2nd leg when the big 1.2-1 (?) favorite won. ~9/10 of it, from $491 down to $56 or whatever.

Are you trying to say that the "$492" is the "original" amount wagered on each ticket still alive ??

I'm trying to find out exactly what the $491 alive means, exactly, and how it is calculated. It most certainly cannot be what swooey originally made it out to be, a whole bunch of tickets with the big bomb in the 1st leg thanks to inside info from the driver to his doper buddies.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: