Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 09:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Put On A Show To Be Retired After This Season  (Read 799 times)
Slim Russ

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

POAS will be retired after her current campaign ends. She was assigned the eight post in Friday’s F&M open handicap pace at YR. Brian Sears drives. Royal Cee Cee and KA are just inside of her.

Owner Richard Young would like to try the boys one more time. If POAS is still racing in January she may be entered in the Presidential.
Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »

I love and respect any trainer and owner willing to take on the boys with these ladies! trophy

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

POAS has started 47 times—never on a half.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »

POAS has started 47 times—never on a half.
Is she Avery big horse?
It always seem to me she could move out on a turn ?

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »

LETS SEE HER AT YONKERS,,,,,,CHRIS IS NO DUMMY
plk0419

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:16 AM »

Agreed Chris is no dummy but YOUNG AND FUZZY ARE. laughing guy
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »

Is she Avery big horse?
It always seem to me she could move out on a turn ?

She's a good sized mare.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »

POAS is still in the running to win her division. That being the case, Saturday’s $200,000 Forest City Pace would have been the best race for her, but she wasn’t staked to it. Burke nominated Rocklamation and Camille, both of whom were big winners in the elimination round.

It’s understood that there isn’t much around for an aged pacing mare of her stature in November, but the eight hole in a $35,000 F&M open at Yonkers may not do her a whole lot of good. They claim she was tying up prior to the BC Mare preview and the BC open, and that that issue has been resolved.
If she’s herself, she’ll crush this field. Royal Cee Cee beat her in the Betsy Ross when Brennan set a ridiculously fast pace for no reason. Sears will give her an efficient steer. He should be able to do whatever he likes with her.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »

WHOS A GOOD SIZED MARE FUZZY OR POAS
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:32 PM »

WHOS A GOOD SIZED MARE FUZZY OR POAS
Daltae no real gentlemen ask how big a women's azz is!
Haven't I taught u any thing? bang head

By the way the wider the glide the smoother the ride!  Wink

I'm a frickn amazon!
Mimi on Atlanta housewives looks like a *** next to me! laughing guy

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »

BETTER PUSHN WITH A CUSHION
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 11:08:18 PM »

BETTER PUSHN WITH A CUSHION
I think u got it backwards ?

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »

PROBABLY
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »

I m curious don't larger horse generally have a harder time getting around a smaller track?

dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

POAS is still in the running to win her division. That being the case, Saturday’s $200,000 Forest City Pace would have been the best race for her, but she wasn’t staked to it. Burke nominated Rocklamation and Camille, both of whom were big winners in the elimination round.

It’s understood that there isn’t much around for an aged pacing mare of her stature in November, but the eight hole in a $35,000 F&M open at Yonkers may not do her a whole lot of good. They claim she was tying up prior to the BC Mare preview and the BC open, and that that issue has been resolved.
If she’s herself, she’ll crush this field. Royal Cee Cee beat her in the Betsy Ross when Brennan set a ridiculously fast pace for no reason. Sears will give her an efficient steer. He should be able to do whatever he likes with her.

She didn't really win any stakes races this year....1 at the meadowlands, I don't see how she's in the running to win her division
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »

She didn't really win any stakes races this year....1 at the meadowlands, I don't see how she's in the running to win her division
I guess I should have said, “If her connections still think she has a shot at division honors….. I think the BC fiasco cooked her goose.

On the other hand, POAS has been the perceived queen of the division all year. This week she’s the only aged pacing mare listed in the Hambletonion Society/ Breeders Crown top 25.

She made a couple of starts in the Overbid series in the spring, but those were pretty much tours of the track since she missed all of last year. From that point on POAS was favored in 17 of her 19 starts. She was even money or less in 12 of those. She was favored in the Artiscape, Milton, Roses Are Red, Spring Of Hope and Golden Girls. The bettors recognized her as the top dog all year.
As far as stakes wins go, she definitely fell short: she won the Lady Liberty and the Spring Of Hope. She also won six F&M opens. POAS leads the division with 11 wins. She established herself as the fastest aged pacing mare ever.

I think Anndrovette may get the nod off of her wins in the BC, Roses Are Red and Overbid. She leads the money roster right now, but Rocklamation will jump ahead of her if she wins the Forest City. The latter won the Matchmaker, Pride In Progress and Milton. A win in the Forest City will boost her chances.

The thing is that Anndrovette only won 7 of 23 starts this year, and Rocklamation won 7 of 25. Both spent much of the summer bogged down in mediocrity.

Since Anndrovette won the division last year and took the BC she has an edge, but the fact that the voters didn’t see fit to include Anndrovette or Rocklamation in the top 25 tells you something.
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »

I guess I should have said, “If her connections still think she has a shot at division honors….. I think the BC fiasco cooked her goose.

On the other hand, POAS has been the perceived queen of the division all year. This week she’s the only aged pacing mare listed in the Hambletonion Society/ Breeders Crown top 25.

She made a couple of starts in the Overbid series in the spring, but those were pretty much tours of the track since she missed all of last year. From that point on POAS was favored in 17 of her 19 starts. She was even money or less in 12 of those. She was favored in the Artiscape, Milton, Roses Are Red, Spring Of Hope and Golden Girls. The bettors recognized her as the top dog all year.
As far as stakes wins go, she definitely fell short: she won the Lady Liberty and the Spring Of Hope. She also won six F&M opens. POAS leads the division with 11 wins. She established herself as the fastest aged pacing mare ever.

I think Anndrovette may get the nod off of her wins in the BC, Roses Are Red and Overbid. She leads the money roster right now, but Rocklamation will jump ahead of her if she wins the Forest City. The latter won the Matchmaker, Pride In Progress and Milton. A win in the Forest City will boost her chances.

The thing is that Anndrovette only won 7 of 23 starts this year, and Rocklamation won 7 of 25. Both spent much of the summer bogged down in mediocrity.

Since Anndrovette won the division last year and took the BC she has an edge, but the fact that the voters didn’t see fit to include Anndrovette or Rocklamation in the top 25 tells you something.

She won more races then those horses because she raced in way more overnights.  I think Put On A Show may very well in fact win divisional honors based off the fact that the outspoken owner makes sure an article is written when his horse takes a bowel movement. I think she probably will win but it won't be warranted
LWC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

I m curious don't larger horse generally have a harder time getting around a smaller track?

Not really.  It's more about quality of gait than size of the horse.  If they're well gaited, don't hit their knees, ankles, or crossfire, ect they'll probably be alright on a half.  I've raced 17-hand behemoths at Freehold with nothing more than a pair of 63" hobbles, neoprene tendon boots and quarter boots (which I pretty much put on everything just for protection from a mis-step regardless of track size).  If a horse needs every boot in the book to get around a mile, they're likely going to be a disaster on a half.
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

POAS was last until they hit the stretch, at which point she moved up to get third. She and the winner—Royal Cee Cee (Brennan)—were co-favorites at 2/1. All of them left pretty good at the start, except for POAS. Sears started to leave but thought better of it. This one was over early for POAS.
:27   :56.1   1:23.4   1:52.4
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »

POAS was last until they hit the stretch, at which point she moved up to get third. She and the winner—Royal Cee Cee (Brennan)—were co-favorites at 2/1. All of them left pretty good at the start, except for POAS. Sears started to leave but thought better of it. This one was over early for POAS.
:27   :56.1   1:23.4   1:52.4

But for first time on a smaller track it seems she sure raced good I mean my god  152.4 I would think that is very respectable against the boys and shows a lot of cahoneys on her part!

MR.DALRAE

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

FUZZY TIMES MEANS NOTHING UNLESS YOUR SERVING IT
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

But for first time on a smaller track it seems she sure raced good I mean my god  152.4 I would think that is very respectable against the boys and shows a lot of cahoneys on her part!

Going by time means that Royal Cee Cee, Rock N Soul and Krispy Apple should all be in against the boys? Why is the time cherry picked for her?
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:51 AM »

WILL MAKE A GREAT BROODMARE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: