Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 03:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For A Good Laugh...  (Read 534 times)
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

Check out this ridiculous but funny jockey video.

http://youtu.be/cEM2uQW477I
Report to moderator   Logged

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »

Chrissy...do you still work at Lamb's Farm?
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »

No I don't work there anymore. Long story, but I just didn't get along with the staff. I was doing all of the work. Working my ass off 7 days a week, with no appreciation. I was planning on quitting but they fired me and their excuse was "I just didn't fit in." I told the clueless ceo that eventually she's going to have to ask why in just two years she's had 3 different farm managers. I feel like they got want they wanted from me and let me go. I'm proud of the changes I made to the farm.

I was unhappy, so I wasn't too torn about it. But now I'm part of the unemployed and looking for a job. I've tried networking to get something in the horse racing industry. But just nobody wants to give me a chance. I've talked to OTBs, sent my resume to AP and Haw, talked to trainers about helping out on the backstretch (which some of them allow me help out every once in awhile but they don't want to give me a job). I have a friend in KY who just bought a farm, so I've been staying with him helping him out with the horses and farm maintenance. But he is my friend, so I'm not getting paid...just a roof over my head and food. Which for most people would be enough, but not for a college graduate like me who have outrageous student loans to pay. I've learned a lot about horses and the racing industry the last two months staying with him, so I've sent my resume with networking cover letter to a farm manager to one of the biggest farms in Lexington, that seems to really like me, she even let me stay on the farm for a few days. I'm just hoping she'll give me a job and even better put me back in the little guest house I shared with some of the other farm hands. I left for Keeneland opening weekend, returned to Chicago only 5 days ago, and I'm already going back to Lexington on Sunday for another week. I love it out there, I want to make it my home.

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »

If anyone here knows anyone in Kentucky you should reccommend Chrissy for a job.  We all know how hard working she is.  And how she cares for animals.  Pass the word for her.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »

If you're willing to start at the bottom, it's not hard to get hired.  But I'm talking about mucking out stalls, etc., and hoping somebody notices you and makes you a foreman, and on from there.  I did it every summer during college, and then for a couple of years after (when I thought I was going to be a trainer).  I worked really hard and made next to nothing, but I really enjoyed it.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:54:07 AM »

I asked because my wife wrote a poetry book and used a picture of a sheep she took at Lambs farm a couple of years ago when she took my granddaughters there to see the animals.

http://konicki.com/blog2/2012/08/12/having-a-restless-night-comfort-in-prayerful-reading/

http://www.amazon.com/Suzanne-S.-Simonovich/e/B008ECDSPU
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

That sounds like a very sweet book to help one fall asleep.   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: