Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 05:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 6173 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »

In my opinion, the Republican Party has painted themselves into a corner. The country has changed while they have not. I haven't heard a peep out of Reince Priebus since the election. I guess he's not even trying to spin the results.

Painted themselves in a corner? Obama is the first President to win re-election by a smaller margin that he did on the initial election. Reince Priebus just delivered the Wisconsin State Senate to governor Walker. Wisconsin how holds the both houses and the governor in the state. That means total control! Obama won because of Milwaukee and Madison population but that won't help them in the statewide government because they are consolidated in a handful of districts. Democrats will continue to shrink here since Wisconsin now has balanced books and will continue to cut handouts and force these people to seek residence in Illinois so they can get free stuff.
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »

WSJ has been pro-immigration since forever, but of course, that's not, like, on TV, so you folks wouldn't know about it.

Gee, I wonder who the iggerant-ass "hillbilly crackers" really are.   

The ones who watch Fox and spew the hate?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Could you provide some examples of this hatred by Fox or is this just an opinion? I agree they have stated that they need to be more open to immigration, but I never heard any hatred for immigrants. Please provide examples and I will send letters of my disapproval to the appropriate hosts. Hopefully you are not embellishing this. 

They sure do spew the hate for illegal immigrants and the associated tax costs, constantly, such as the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInwAk4GsVs&feature=related

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »

Obama is the first President to win re-election by a smaller margin that he did on the initial election.

LOL! At least Obama WON the popular vote both times!

Dubya LOST the popular vote in 2000 by an astonishing half-million plus votes. Did you forget?

(You must have...or you wouldn't have posted such a meaningless statement about Obama.)
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

Dubya LOST the popular vote in 2000 by an astonishing half-million plus votes. Did you forget?

That 2000 loss by Dubya being one of five of the last six Presidential elections where Americans overall have rejected the R candidate.

Obama also had some other firsts here, too, I think - First to win with unemployment this bad, first to win after being down in the polls so bad with just weeks to go ... just goes to show what an awful, out-of-touch candidate and platform the R party put up for consideration.

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »

Boy, I just bet Honey Boo-Boo and those fake Amish are Rethuglican'Z!  And probaLy SnoOkey, tWo!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:42:50 AM by Yimmy » Report to moderator   Logged
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »

They sure do spew the hate for illegal immigrants and the associated tax costs, constantly, such as the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInwAk4GsVs&feature=related

You must have posted the wrong link? You said they hated immigrants. That was about illegals and their children and was purely factual about how they are breaking California and should we all have to chip in and support them. Obviously you think we should, but you are losing your credibility if you think that was spewing hatred towards immigrants? You need Michael Moore to edit some comments to fit your agenda.
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »

(You must have...or you wouldn't have posted such a meaningless statement about Obama.)

Just curious HorseVoice, why do you and others hate "Dubya" so much. The war was approved by both sides so that isn't on the table. Was it the subprime melt down, Tarp, the tax cut or simply he was a Republican?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »

You must have posted the wrong link? You said they hated immigrants. That was about illegals and their children

I can see where, if we're talking about Sean Hannity and his amazing come-to-God flip-flop on the subject of immigration, you might think his flip-flop was about perfectly legal immigrants already in the country.  

I can see where, when Hannity is saying what he actually said (that flip-flop being the subject of the discussion), you might think he was talking about perfectly legal immigrants already in the country.  

“It’s simple to me to fix it,” Hannity said. “I think you control the border first. You create a pathway for those people that are here — you don’t say you’ve got to go home. And that is a position that I’ve evolved on.

“Because, you know what, it’s got to be resolved. The majority of people here, if some people have criminal records you can send them home; but if people are here, law-abiding, participating for years, their kids are born here, you know, first secure the border, pathway to citizenship, done.”

I can see that reading comprehension difficulty for you ... because OBVIOUSLY he is talking there about the legal immigrants.  Roll Eyes

and was purely factual about how they are breaking California and should we all have to chip in and support them.

It was the usual Fox treatment of a subject - spew the "they're terrible" part for awhile, have Megan weakly bring up the "liberal" argument, and then hammer the "they're terrible" part again. The demonizing/hate of the illegal immigrants has been going on for years on Fox. Why do you think it's so remarkable that Hannity flip-flopped?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:09:23 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

Just curious HorseVoice, why do you and others hate "Dubya" so much. The war was approved by both sides so that isn't on the table.

When he got people to vote on it, he didn't tell them that half the "evidence" he presented was lies. You don't get off scott free lying like a rug to lead people into an action and then when the lies are later discovered, claim "Oh, so sad. You approved it." So that needless and expensive war that killed 4000+ of America's sone and daughters IS on the table of reasons to despise Dubya.

Was it the subprime melt down, Tarp, the tax cut or simply he was a Republican?

Irresponsible tax cuts (passed by the bare Republican majority in the Senate) coupled with runaway spending that put America on the trajectory to massive deficits. Turned a surplus Federal budget that might actually pay back some of the national debt into a $trillion dollar annual deficit by the time he was finished. All in the name of making rich people richer.  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:17:29 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »

When he got people to vote on it, he didn't tell them that half the "evidence" he presented was lies. You don't get off scott free lying like a rug to lead people into an action and then when the lies are later discovered, claim "Oh, so sad. You approved it." So that needless and expensive war that killed 4000+ of America's sone and daughters IS on the table of reasons to despise Dubya.

Irresponsible tax cuts (passed by the bare Republican majority in the Senate) coupled with runaway spending that put America on the trajectory to massive deficits. Turned a surplus Federal budget that might actually pay back some of the national debt into a $trillion dollar annual deficit by the time he was finished. All in the name of making rich people richer.  

So much stupidity packed into two short paragraphs, nice going HBT. The old Bush lied red herring. Tired, old, debunked and boring. If you simply refuse to acknowledge every single intelligence agency in the entire world said the same thing about Saddam and WMD. If you simply refuse to acknowledge we have a House and Senate intelligence committee who all thought the same thing and had for years, well then I suppose you could think Bush lied. I love how the left likes to portray Bush as the dumbest person ever, but then say " he fooled us" who's the f**king idiot there.

Irresponsible tax cuts that resulted in the record amount of taxes ever collected in our country's history (2007) Yeah what a terrible result. The highest deficit ever under Bush was I believe around 458 billion dollars. ODouchbag routinely runs deficits over twice that large. I guess if you hate Bush for 458 billion, you must really despise Obama for the trillion dollar deficits he runs year after year.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »

Hey I just read Obama got the Florida electoral votes, too. Man what a decisive rejection of the R party by America.  head shake

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

You need Michael Moore to edit some comments to fit your agenda.

This just in: Michael Moore has a message for you and your party, Pal B:

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »

Kind of an interesting story here, regarding James Carville's predictions after 2008 about a new Democratic majority based on demographics. Mocked on this forum, as I recall. Greatest quote from story:

"As we said, "The consequence of Republicans' lingering preoccupation with the culture war is that it has led them to become a party of ridiculous positions." Republicans would "have to be certifiable," our sage selves circa 2009 warned, to ever try a culture war strategy again.

We could not be more delighted that Maine, Maryland and Washington became the first states in the country to pass same-sex marriage by popular vote on Tuesday. What we're downright thrilled about, however, is the fact that Mitt Romney got fewer votes than "traditional" marriage in every one of those states."

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/opinion/carville-buckwalter-poza-election/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »

I guess Bush lied too when he tried to propose a new agency in 2003 to oversee Fannie and Freddie because of concerns about their ability to manage their risks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/new-agency-proposed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html

No your party said there it was a shell game and shot it down each time Bush proposed it. Even Bill Clinton said his own party was not cooperating when he brought it to the table. This mess could have been toned down substantially if it was not for Frank and Dodd-who by the way made millions. Yet you blame Bush.

http://www.bucksright.com/bush-proposed-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-supervision-in-2003-1141

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.

”I don’t see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,” Mr. Watt said.

Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »

This just in: Michael Moore has a message for you and your party, Pal B:

I agree we are number 1
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »

I guess Bush lied too when he tried to propose a new agency in 2003 to oversee Fannie and Freddie because of concerns about their ability to manage their risks.

Uhhhh .... we were talking about him lying about Iraq?

No your party said there it was a shell game and shot it down each time Bush proposed it.

Your party had a handy majority in both the House and Senate after the 2002 elections (thanks to Bush's wars.). If any Bush legislation failed to pass it's because of a failure of Republicans.

This mess could have been toned down substantially if it was not for Frank and Dodd-who by the way made millions. Yet you blame Bush.

This Iraq war that killed 4000+ of America's sons and daughters? Do tell.

You sure you can't find better "facts" at Worldnetdaily, or Newsmax?  Roll Eyes

Steer away from that right wing website dreck.

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

And they weren't, in 2003, were they. It was only after Bush's "ownership society" and "zero down payment" initiatives in 2004 and 2005 that Fannie and Freddie started getting loaded down with bogus high risk loans that came in from the Wall Street banks.

But still I don't see what any of this has to do with Iraq and Bush's lies about that.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

I agree we are number 1

That's number L. As in the L party, the successor to the R party, the party that just got spanked 332-206 by a Democrat candidate saddled with nearly 8% employment.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »

I guess you like to substantiate my statement. Obama id the only President to win re-election by a smaller margin. Heck, I'm gonna sit back and watch the country become another Illinois and California... laughing guy
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »

That's number L. As in the L party, the successor to the R party, the party that just got spanked 332-206 by a Democrat candidate saddled with nearly 8% employment.

When you go to his movies do you sit in the front row or back row? Does he do cameos? I can see why he wants government insurance cause he is not healthy looking. He looks like Staypuff in Ghostbusters. Did he do that movie too? If so, it could be him. The Ghostbusters symbolize Republicans and he represents opression and they blown him away. I get it now.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »

Love the people democrats voted into office; Obama (watched 2 Navy Seals, an Ambassador & his aid get murdered while doing nothing), Jesse Jackson Jr. (in a sanitarium avoiding indictment), Derrick Smith (who is indicted along with suspension from his house seat), and Judge Cynthia Brim who is legally insane. I can't make this shit up! laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Democrats are dumber than a box of rocks and I am watching California, Illinois and other democrat strongholds come apart at the seams.

After reading the article below I'm not one bit surprised the nations democratic majority re-elected Obama. Be fits in perfectly with this group... laughing guy

http://realtalkrealdebate.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/chicagoans-reelect-corrupt-politicians-u-s-rep-jessie-jackson-jr-rep-derrick-smith-and-judge-cynthia-brim/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:14:55 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

When you go to his movies do you sit in the front row or back row? Does he do cameos? I can see why he wants government insurance cause he is not healthy looking. He looks like Staypuff in Ghostbusters. Did he do that movie too? If so, it could be him. The Ghostbusters symbolize Republicans and he represents opression and they blown him away. I get it now.

How much did you pay for that dope you're smoking tonight? Worth the $$$?

Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »

And they weren't, in 2003, were they. It was only after Bush's "ownership society" and "zero down payment" initiatives in 2004 and 2005 that Fannie and Freddie started getting loaded down with bogus high risk loans that came in from the Wall Street banks.

Wrong again.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/new-agency-proposed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html

Check the date on your New York Times. 9/11/2003. That comes before 2005. Clinton even saw it coming and tried to address it with his own party. Barney Frank is as much to do with this mess as anybody in the country. Haven't seen you address that yet? You would be a little believable if you admitted your side isn't perfect either. I know it is not part of your platform and point and blame is the creed.  

I assume the tax hikes in Illinois are working but nothing on any channels yet? I saw the new 25$ tax on new guns and assume that is the tip of the iceberg.

Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

How much did you pay for that dope you're smoking tonight? Worth the $$$?

Waiting for Obama to give it away-some of his stash.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »

Wrong again.

Check the date on your New York Times. 9/11/2003. That comes before 2005.

Yes. Exactly. It was proposed long before they actually did get in trouble due to Bush's "ownership society" and "0% down". Had those irresponsible Republican policies been in place in 2003, who knows what might have been different.

Still not quite clear what any of this has to do with Bush's lies about Iraq?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: