Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:15:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 6152 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »

Do you ever wonder why you are the most hated person on both sides of these forums?

If you're referring to me, no, because I don't care what anyone on this forum thinks of me.

Do you ever try and stick to the actual subject being discussed, instead of constantly resorting to calling names and launching off on nonsense about the other posters who don't agree with you?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:27:25 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »

No you are wrong Pam. After the earthquake in Haiti the Mormon church was one of the first organizations to have responders and aid in that country. What I find far more "creepy" is the cult of Obama. Anyone who could possibly think the lowest labor participation percentage in 30 years, double digit unemployment if you actually counted it correctly, 5.8 trillion in new debt in 4 years, trillion dollar deficits year after year, record number of people on food stamps, more people signed up for disability than found a job in his first 4 years, the utterly moronic line of thinking that raising taxes on the rich would solve ANYTHING, I find it very "creepy" that 60 million people could think that's the path this country needs to continue down. And one more thing, if you want to be on the side of murdering babies, I find that "creepy"

If you want to call that murdering babies, fine.   I don't see it that way.
Report to moderator   Logged
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »

If you want to call that murdering babies, fine.   I don't see it that way.

Well if I supported it I suppose I wouldn't either. Kinda hard to sleep at night otherwise. Do you believe in global warming, or whatever they are calling it these days? Man caused climate change or whatever?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

Here is a fact...Obama got 92% of the black vote, 71% of the Hispanic vote, and 60% of all other non-white.

Thanks, Mel...but in my examples, I already gave Obama 100% of the black vote, 100% of the Hispanic vote, and 100% of the non-white vote.

So all you are telling me is that the number of whites that voted for Obama is WAY MORE than the 27 million I quoted earlier.

That means that whites provided OVER HALF of Obama's vote total...that's mind-boggling!
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

How many jobs has Romney created thousands.  How many jobs has Obama created 0 because he has never had a non governmental job, created a business, or been a success at anything other than being a career politician.  How can anybody admire or compare their successes or failures.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »

I've known many Mormons.  These two families were just in our face all the time.  That's why I used those for an example.   And the ones who travel in pairs and come to my door are always obnoxious and even go to both sided knocking if I don't answer.

Once they even came into my back yard and peered in my bedroom window.  Knocking on it when they saw me.  

And they just keep on coming.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »

Well if I supported it I suppose I wouldn't either. Kinda hard to sleep at night otherwise. Do you believe in global warming, or whatever they are calling it these days? Man caused climate change or whatever?

Yes, I do believe in global warming.  You would too, if you were a polar bear.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »

How many jobs has Romney created thousands. 

He may have created a few jobs at Bain -- a few hundred, perhaps.

But how many jobs has his consluting company ELIMINATED through their recommended sell-offs, divestitures and outright shutdowns?

You have to look at the NET EFFECT of the man's work. Romney's not a builder, he's a DESTROYER.

As Terry said earlier, the things that make you a rich and successful businessman don't necessarily make you a good Presidential candidate, and thank God, enough people were paying attention to this and voted AGAINST Romney.
mark5sl

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »

Wise Dan HOY!!!!! Polar Bear population is increasing
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »

Yes, they counted more than they thought were out there in northern Canada.  But there is much money spent on rescuing too.  And it doesn't mean the ice floes have not shrunk.  They are shrinking.
mark5sl

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »

Bill Mott trainer of the year!! Their piece of the Earth may be shrinking but they are still living well. Seal population also up.They have plenty of food and are able to move around as much as they want. Cant wait till this thread morphs to Bengazi and how Bush meshed that up
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »

Thanks, Mel...but in my examples, I already gave Obama 100% of the black vote, 100% of the Hispanic vote, and 100% of the non-white vote.

So all you are telling me is that the number of whites that voted for Obama is WAY MORE than the 27 million I quoted earlier.

That means that whites provided OVER HALF of Obama's vote total...that's mind-boggling!

Obama got 39% of the white vote. That means almost 40% of hard-working tax-paying All-American whites also rejected the extremism of the Republican party, along with all those non-American "others" who we've been assured above were only looking for handouts. (Though I must say, the "other" guys I went to school with, and have worked with over the years, they'd probably be surprised to learn that working at the jobs they've been working is merely looking for handouts.)   

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »

If you're referring to me, no, because I don't care what anyone on this forum thinks of me.

Do you ever try and stick to the actual subject being discussed, instead of constantly resorting to calling names and launching off on nonsense about the other posters who don't agree with you?

What other poster have I launched off on? 

Answer 0

You made the snide comment about me and vegetables.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

What other poster have I launched off on? 

Answer 0

You made the snide comment about me and vegetables.

Do you deny that you enjoy lower farm product prices due to the labor of illegal aliens? The same darn illegal aliens that we all subsidize with our tax dollars? Thereby subsidizing, in a roundabout fashion, you?

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:48 PM »

Ok so you can subscribe to some sketchy at best scientific data about mans impact on climate change, but here we are in the 21st century and you can honestly go to bed at night thinking that a fetus isn't a living human being? What if I were to suggest a woman should be able to kill their baby at oh I don't know, say the terrible twos. They can be a real pain in the ass. You cool with that?
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »

Bill Mott trainer of the year!! Their piece of the Earth may be shrinking but they are still living well. Seal population also up.They have plenty of food and are able to move around as much as they want. Cant wait till this thread morphs to Bengazi and how Bush meshed that up

Well the thing is, they roam so much many of them get counted more than once.
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »

He may have created a few jobs at Bain -- a few hundred, perhaps.
(quote)
Actually one business he helped launch was Steel Dynamics and they have developed into the 5th largest steel maker. A great company and they employ over 6,000 and are responsible for close to 25000 jobs from suppliers and end users. It was a great undertaking to go into a market that was already dominated by US Steel but the modern equipment and high quality product made them a player very quickly. Bush helped the entire industry in 2002 with a heavy tariff on imported steel but had to remove it in 2003 because of threats from global trade organizations. Those tariffs bought some valuable time though and the industry survived.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:04:56 PM by Pal B » Report to moderator   Logged
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »

Do you deny that you enjoy lower farm product prices due to the labor of illegal aliens? The same darn illegal aliens that we all subsidize with our tax dollars? Thereby subsidizing, in a roundabout fashion, you?

Never in this thread did I mention anything about illegals !!!!!!!

The bone I have to pick is with the free loading Americans that would rather have generation after generation sit on their lazy asses knowing Uncle Sam will take care of them.

I would take 10 illegals that work their ass off, over 10 thousand lazy welfare recipient citizens every day of the week.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »

OK so you can subscribe to some sketchy at best scientific data about mans impact on climate change, but here we are in the 21st century and you can honestly go to bed at night thinking that a fetus isn't a living human being? What if I were to suggest a woman should be able to kill their baby at oh I don't know, say the terrible twos. They can be a real pain in the ass. You cool with that?

Of course I am not cool with that!!!  Come on, that is SO stupid to suggest.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »

Of course I am not cool with that!!!  Come on, that is SO stupid to suggest.

Please explain to me why. What good are anyone's rights if they don't have the right to life. And when does anyone need protection more than when they are most vulnerable?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »

Actually one business he helped launch was Steel Dynamics and they have developed into the 5th largest steel maker. A great company and they employ over 6,000 and are responsible for close to 25000 jobs from suppliers and end users. It was a great undertaking to go into a market that was already dominated by US Steel but the modern equipment and high quality product made them a player very quickly.

Please tell me that you didn't fall for that "American Dream" campaign spot, where, save for Bain Capital and Mitt Romney, Steel Dynamics would have never gotten off the ground. That's typical campaign rhetoric.

Bain was just one of many investors who put up a relatively small amount of money but exercised no effective control over Steel Dynamics. IIRC, Bain ended up with about a 13% stake in the company and one director on their board.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »

Of course I am not cool with that!!!  Come on, that is SO stupid to suggest.

You don't have to answer. Personally I'm not a pro life zealot. I just find it funny when people talk about women's rights and what they are referring to is abortion. I do personally believe abortion is killing a baby and I am completely baffled by people who think they should have the right to a taxpayer funded abortion. It's a mystery to me. Hell I'd like to get tax payer funding to kill any number of people. Maybe I need a lobbyist.  sarcasm
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »

Since this is a horse racing forum, what effects will Obama's policies have on horse racing the next 4 years? This is an industry that relies on expendable income and Americans are going to take a 3% cut in pay when the tax cuts expire Jan. 1. The Right is no longer going to fight to sustain the cuts, from what I have read, so those making in the 50,000 a year range will be bringing home about $100 less a month. It has to have some impact on this sport. Also when Obamacare kicks in, people are going to have to purchase insurance or pay the tax man a penalty which means more money gone.
Illinois is really going to get hurt because we are going to be staring at all kinds of new tax levies to help bail out the mess here. Doubt Obama will give horse racing a 25 billion dollar gift like he did the auto union to revive their pensions, but  anything would help.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »

Please explain to me why. What good are Antone's rights if they don't have the right to life. And when does anyone need protection more than when they are most vulnerable?

There is NO way I could explain this to you.  Number 1 you are a man.  Then after that, you are so far to the right it's stupid to even speak to one another about politics.
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »

Please tell me that you didn't fall for that "American Dream" campaign spot, where, save for Bain Capital and Mitt Romney, Steel Dynamics would have never gotten off the ground. That's typical campaign rhetoric.

Bain was just one of many investors who put up a relatively small amount of money but exercised no effective control over Steel Dynamics. IIRC, Bain ended up with about a 13% stake in the company and one director on their board.

Jack Welch originally was going to fund the project but found it too risky so he brought in Bain and they did the investigative work and organization. It takes more than money to start a business and Romney was one of the key start up people. Bain invested 18.3 million. You can buy into all of the negativity you want, but he helped make it happen. My company worked with Steel Dynamics and it was amazing to see them pull it off. Thats a fact and definately a feather in his cap. Don't believe every campaign add you read or hear.    
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: