Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 06:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 7000 times)
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 11:31:41 PM »

Yea, I don't generally listen to him or anyone. So, I don't know what he normally sounds like but he seemed maniacal. Just earlier, he said Africans when he meant to say African Americans and then there was the storm comment.
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:19 PM »

Mathews is insane, and really not worth listening to. He's the MSNBC version of Bill O'Reilly on Fox - an extreme blowhard who likes to hear himself talk and puts on an entertainment show strictly for TV ratings.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »

If you want facts then don't post just one part of a hearsay article. Obama made a lot of money and drastically underpaid taxes several years and had to pay penalties and interest. I didn't hear that from anyone, I reviewed his returns. Romney on the other hand did everything by the book and in spite of what the left says, he gave over 40% of his income to taxes and charity. The charity he did on his own. He gave more in charity in his lifetime than every Democratic president combined! The examples you gave have a better than even chance to be Democrats like Charlie Rangel and turbo tax Tim Geithner.

BUT..don't Mormons only give their "charity" to other Mormons?  That's how it is here.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »

BUT..don't Mormons only give their "charity" to other Mormons?  That's how it is here.

Yes, almost all of Mitt's charity giving was to his church, and church related activities like "re-educating gays to go straight", as well as church tax avoidance trust loopholes.

But you know what? Mitt is history. He gone.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »

I am happy he's GONE.  I can't imagine being a wife of a Mormon.    I read so many articles of what they believe.  I freaked out!  Not to say many religions are nuts but this one is as nuts as Scientology.  And I won't capitalize that for a reason.

My son was kidding around with me today about Mitt.  (what a name huh?)  He said, jokingly, " I wonder how many wives he has in his basement hand knitting him socks?"

Dang, spell check made me capitalize that.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »

It's obvious from this discussion that no one is going to change anyone's political opinion here, but I believe there is one thing we can all agree on.... We would all be better off if on January 20th we were swearing in President Donald Trump.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:39 AM »

I agree he is usually over the top.  He did give a lengthy and seemingly heartfelt apology today, for whatever that is worth.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2012, 07:03:25 AM »

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/schmoyoho?feature=results_main
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »

When you give to your church you get deductions, just like Obama did to that lunatic pastor of his Jeremiah Wright. Better a church get it for missionary work than the government to give it to Solyndra.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

Mel, you are funny. False articles by the LA Times, CNN and New York Times? I know Forbes had an article about it too and I believe the Wall Street Journal also wrote about all of this. I guess all of the journalists and financial experts got it wrong.  I'm sure no facts will ever be able to change your mind so have a good night.

No, not funny...factual. You just refuse to see for yourself.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:54 AM »

I am happy he's GONE.  I can't imagine being a wife of a Mormon.    I read so many articles of what they believe.  I freaked out!  Not to say many religions are nuts but this one is as nuts as Scientology.  And I won't capitalize that for a reason.

My son was kidding around with me today about Mitt.  (what a name huh?)  He said, jokingly, " I wonder how many wives he has in his basement hand knitting him socks?"

Dang, spell check made me capitalize that.

If you call Mormon religion nuts, what do you call this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNE40AwVNo
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:39 AM »

Fat Ed and Rachell Madcow, talk about BS it's worse than FOX.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »

People died in that storm, thousands lost their homes and are living in shelters, many are going on 10 days without power and he's happy the storm hit?  He should be fired.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »

They should have concession speeches in sports as well.  Tom Brady could have got on stage with the Giants last year and conceeded the Super Bowl.

How much money does the country waste on political party conventions, security for these boobs travelling around, innagural balls and such?  All this and we have people struggling to make ends meet, dealing with natural disasters, homelessness and poverty.  The divide between the elite haves (politicians) and have nots (working Americans) grows day by day and politicians become more out of touch day by day.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »

Not if you measure by the retractions each network has had to issue over the last 4 years!

Christ, FOX News could almost have a continuous crawl at the bottom of their broadcast, just to keep up to date on their "errors".
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »

I'm still waiting for a Pres with enuff ballz to stop all the handouts to ILLEGALS.....round em up...give em a 10 min head start towards to rio grande.....then start chasing n shooting.....they make the shoreline - they better jump in....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »

I'm also glad states are waking up...as Wash isn't....and making all welfare-foodstamp recipients take random- yet mandatory drug tests.....any drugs/alcohol in their system and no checkie that month....darn! can't wait till NY enforces it!  better yet- force the lazy bums to go wash dishes or flip burgers for $10 /hr, take away their $$ i-phones and tablets, take away their escalades......make em ride the bus and EARN a living....but govt has to take away the monthly check in order to do that.....sorry - i'm tired of supporting freeloaders who have more than alot of us do...and i have to drag my aching pinched nerve butt to work every day to have a roof and food....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »

I agree he is usually over the top.  He did give a lengthy and seemingly heartfelt apology today, for whatever that is worth.

He is like everyone else....sorry he got caught not sorry he said it.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »

I'm still waiting for a Pres with enuff ballz to stop all the handouts to ILLEGALS.....round em up...give em a 10 min head start towards to rio grande.....then start chasing n shooting.....they make the shoreline - they better jump in....

I'm waiting for the one who will implement stiff and meaningful punishment on the American employers who hire them. No jobs, no illegals.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »

I am happy he's GONE.  I can't imagine being a wife of a Mormon.    I read so many articles of what they believe.  I freaked out!  Not to say many religions are nuts but this one is as nuts as Scientology.

I think you're a little misinformed. I've lived with and worked with many throughout my life, particularly my life in Arizona, and they're regular folks just like you and me. 

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »

These two are no worse than Fat Sean and whatever whack job Fox finally hired to replace chief whack job Glenn Beck.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »

Not if you measure by the retractions each network has had to issue over the last 4 years!

Christ, FOX News could almost have a continuous crawl at the bottom of their broadcast, just to keep up to date on their "errors".

Fox and Friends DOES have a continuous crawl, does it not?

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »

Fox and Friends DOES have a continuous crawl, does it not?

I think so. I can only put up with their slanted bullshit around election time, so I'm not sure...but I meant, a crawl *dedicated* to all of their retractions. Should have been more clear.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »

No jobs, no illegals.

No illegals, no fruits and vegetables...not at anything resembling current prices, anyway.

Be careful what you wish for!  Wink
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »

I think you're a little misinformed. I've lived with and worked with many throughout my life, particularly my life in Arizona, and they're regular folks just like you and me. 

Yeah, the Mormons are okay, there's a surprising number of them in the racing industry. But I have a problem with them if they try to impose their squeaky-clean lifestyles on us pagans. Ditto the values of the Roman Catholic church as espoused by failed V-P candidate Ryan.
By the way, I too voted for John Anderson in 1980.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: