Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 10:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 5698 times)
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

from an Ann Romney Boston Globe interview in 1994
 Roll Eyes

"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »

He made his fortune by, first, inheriting it, and then destroying the jobs, livelihoods and aspirations of thousands of people and families who lost employment as he plundered and then blew up companies for the sole purpose of making a very few number of people, including himself, unspeakably wealthy. He was a master practitioner of the greed and immorality that has contributed to the destruction of our economy and caused so much pain for so many people. During the campaign, you could see he was throwing up in his mouth when he talked about caring about people or helping people.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Caring more about money than people might be be seen by some as an admirable trait in a capitalist, but it is not what most people want to see in a President.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »

heck...you put the lazy bums on welfare to work?? they are i'd say 75% of the reaso nwe have so many illegals working here - cuz the welfare american thinks he's too good for those kindsof jobs- yeah- eve nthe majority that are drug addicted high school drop outs...imagine that!

I would separate the illegals (meaning Mexicans I guess) from the general welfare population.  The Mexicans are a positive addition to our country as they are hard working, family oriented, and caring people.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »

If you call Mormon religion nuts, what do you call this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNE40AwVNo

I call if freaking creepy!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »

I would separate the illegals (meaning Mexicans I guess) from the general welfare population.  The Mexicans are a positive addition to our country as they are hard working, family oriented, and caring people.

I'm talking ALL illegals...lebanese, dominican, iranian, and yes, mexican etc....until they r legalized and have a SSI # and pay their fair share of taxes....they are leeches....while some are fine people,(get yer dang work visa or green card!) the other half are not- and sit in our jails doing time for voilent crimes right along side our own nasty citizens....hmm....le's see.....wtf is wrong with our country?? an ILLEGAL commits a crime - is convicted- and the US CITIZENS  pay for his glory time in jail - learning english, working out (so he can be stronger and fitter for the next crime), having internet time, etc,..when he should have been deported immediately (or shot).....he has NO right to be here, let alone commit a violent felony here!!!  my god people - US CITIZENS  with visa's and passports to foreign countries are treated like scum in jail if they commit a crime....s.m.h reallllyyy reallly fast

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »

I call if freaking creepy!

That's Obama's pastor for 20+ years from whom he received personal counseling from and called him one of the most influential people in his life.  Wink

By the way...I agree with you!
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »

I'm talking ALL illegals...lebanese, dominican, iranian, and yes, mexican etc....until they r legalized and have a SSI # and pay their fair share of taxes....they are leeches....while some are fine people,(get yer dang work visa or green card!) the other half are not- and sit in our jails doing time for voilent crimes right along side our own nasty citizens

Mathematically impossible - At least 11 million illegals in America, and only 2.2 million total people in prisons. And furthermore, actual factual statistics show that the percentage of non-citizens in Federal and State prisons is around 6%. So, 6% of 2,000,000 = 120,000 illegals in our prisons, a FAR cry from "half the illegals".

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/business/30leonside.html?_r=0

....hmm....le's see.....wtf is wrong with our country??

Lies, exaggerations, xenophobia, and the constant desire of people to blame "the other" for all problems instead of facing up to the real problems ... the main one being that Americans demand everything from government but are unwilling to pay the taxes to support that life-style.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:16:37 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »

HV why the distain for people like Mitt who has the mcmansion?  Don't you believe in capitalism?  He's a good man that actually made his fortune, not inheriting it.  I am jealous of him but think he and the others like him have earned it.

Maybe the gal advertising the Obama phones will create jobs... laughing guy

I am looking forward to the next 4 years... beer
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

from an Ann Romney Boston Globe interview in 1994
 Roll Eyes

"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."

Oh the humanity ... forced to live in a $62 apartment in the 1960's when the average rent was about $90 (and probably a lot less in Utah), and get by on the sale of stock. Mrs. Romney feels your pain, America!

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2012, 04:25:48 PM »

For those sour white folks out there that think blacks and other minorities tilted the election to Obama, I have some rather eye-popping news.

Using some very rough assumptions, simply for the sake of discussion:

* The percentage of whites in the US population (~72%, lately) = the percentage of whites who voted in the Pres. election. (Not exactly true of course, but close enough for where I am going here.)

* ALL non-whites voted for Obama (untrue, of course, but just go with it)

...and some real numbers...

* Obama got 60.8 million votes

* Romney got 57.9 million votes

We can start crunching some numbers, however crude:

* 118.7 million TOTAL votes

* 72% of those votes are from whites: 85.5 million

* 28% from non-whites: 33.2 million...all of whom we are assuming (erroneously) voted for Obama

* By deduction, we see that at least 27.6 million of the votes Obama received...came from WHITES.

THAT's the "racial" angle here...not that "ignorant blacks" blindly followed their "Black Messiah"...but so did almost 1/3 of all white voters!

So, enough of the moaning and lamenting the loss of "white influence" in selecting the President -- damn near as many whites as non-whites voted for Obama! Do the math!

Here is a fact...Obama got 92% of the black vote, 71% of the Hispanic vote, and 60% of all other non-white.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »

Another great Illinois politician!  laughing guy

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/politics/us-politics/item/154353-jesse-jackson-jr-re-elected-despite-criminal-probe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/derrick-smith-election-results_n_2079236.html

Illinois...Good luck!
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »

I'm waiting for the one who will implement stiff and meaningful punishment on the American employers who hire them. No jobs, no illegals.

I love this asinine line of thinking. Coming from someone I'm sure would be opposed to any form of verification of legal status from law enforcement on the basis of racial profiling. Yes indeed it should be the job of the employer to enforce federal immigration law. What a f**king joke.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »

People died in that storm, thousands lost their homes and are living in shelters, many are going on 10 days without power and he's happy the storm hit?  He should be fired.

The sad thing is that after Obama & Christie had their political photo shoots on how they are responding to the crisis the main stream media is ignoring what is going on. This is a bigger failure than Katrina, there were no breached levies here and they have road access anywhere.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/11/04/Media-Slammed-Mitt-s-Food-Donations-Now-Sandy-Victims-Plead-for-Food-Donations
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »

Mathematically impossible - At least 11 million illegals in America, and only 2.2 million total people in prisons. And furthermore, actual factual statistics show that the percentage of non-citizens in Federal and State prisons is around 6%. So, 6% of 2,000,000 = 120,000 illegals in our prisons, a FAR cry from "half the illegals".

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/business/30leonside.html?_r=0

Lies, exaggerations, xenophobia, and the constant desire of people to blame "the other" for all problems instead of facing up to the real problems ... the main one being that Americans demand everything from government but are unwilling to pay the taxes to support that life-style.

Don't be a craphead Terry - I work with this daily - you KNOW what i meant by 'half'.......let me tell you a couple things - a few wks back - on the 4-12 shift - prints came in from INS - nyc wanted a match of prints to dna in a double rape/murder - the perp had dug his fingerprint cores to heck and had heavy scarring- the afis comp(yes, like the one u see on ncis, csi etc) missed the match- luckily we ALWAYS have TWO humans check the matches/no matches - lo and behold - by using minutia in the crease and 3rd joint - an ident was made- and guess what?? a previously deported ILLEGAL dominican - red flagged by immigration as armed and dangerous - if it wasn't for our system  and trained personnel...this violent criminal WHO HAD NO RIGHT TO BE HERE -  woud, have been let go free.....now he will be tried/ sentenced and released to his country to do with him what they see fit.....and back in late august - my brother in law's brother and wife were killed in New Mexico - when some DRUNK, ILLEGAL MEXICANS left a car in the middle of the highway - at night- no streetlights, no headlights - he was a truck driver - he came over the hill with a full trailer going 70 -75 as most do - saw car in headlights- hit his brakes - hit car- skidded, jackknifed -  rolled on side- skidded on meridian across lanes and hit another tractor trailer head on - killing the driver ..my bro in laws bro 's wife was asleep in cab - we only hope she died fro mthr accident BEFORE the truck blew up and she was burned beyond recognition.....as for him- body burned over 40% - two broken legs, broken hip, ribs, scapula, etc and soo much rehab and so much mental pain and healing to be done - if ever - and all because a couple of ILLEGALS-  who had NO RIGHT to be here let alone DRINK n ABANDON a car on the highway - did.....but the NM state police got em......hell yeah they got em....Wink

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »

BUT..don't Mormons only give their "charity" to other Mormons?  That's how it is here.

No you are wrong Pam. After the earthquake in Haiti the Mormon church was one of the first organizations to have responders and aid in that country. What I find far more "creepy" is the cult of Obama. Anyone who could possibly think the lowest labor participation percentage in 30 years, double digit unemployment if you actually counted it correctly, 5.8 trillion in new debt in 4 years, trillion dollar deficits year after year, record number of people on food stamps, more people signed up for disability than found a job in his first 4 years, the utterly moronic line of thinking that raising taxes on the rich would solve ANYTHING, I find it very "creepy" that 60 million people could think that's the path this country needs to continue down. And one more thing, if you want to be on the side of murdering babies, I find that "creepy"
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

Don't be a craphead Terry - I work with this daily - you KNOW what i meant by 'half'

I guess you must have really meant "a few"?

.......let me tell you a couple things - a few wks back - on the 4-12 shift - prints came in from INS - nyc wanted a match of prints to dna in a double rape/murder - the perp had dug his fingerprint cores to heck and had heavy scarring- the afis comp(yes, like the one u see on ncis, csi etc) missed the match- luckily we ALWAYS have TWO humans check the matches/no matches - lo and behold - by using minutia in the crease and 3rd joint - an ident was made- and guess what?? a previously deported ILLEGAL dominican - red flagged by immigration as armed and dangerous

So ... this perp was one NOT sitting in our prisons getting that free English education and three squares a day on our dime? Somehow though flagged armed and dangerous he'd been previously sent home instead of sent to the country club prison?

- if it wasn't for our system  and trained personnel...this violent criminal WHO HAD NO RIGHT TO BE HERE -  woud, have been let go free.....now he will be tried/ sentenced and released to his country to do with him what they see fit

So, you don't want them sitting in our prisons, and apparently you don't like the idea of releasing them to their own country, either. What is it you would do with them, exactly? Take them out back and shoot them dead?

.....and back in late august - my brother in law's brother and wife were killed in New Mexico - when some DRUNK, ILLEGAL MEXICANS left a car in the middle of the highway etc.

While that's sad, people get killed on our roads every year, by themselves or plain old every day Americans, drunk and otherwise. 55,000 a year, I think.

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

No you are wrong Pam. After the earthquake in Haiti the Mormon church was one of the first organizations to have responders and aid in that country. What I find far more "creepy" is the cult of Obama. Anyone who could possibly think the lowest labor participation percentage in 30 years, double digit unemployment if you actually counted it correctly, 5.8 trillion in new debt in 4 years, trillion dollar deficits year after year, record number of people on food stamps, more people signed up for disability than found a job in his first 4 years, the utterly moronic line of thinking that raising taxes on the rich would solve ANYTHING, I find it very "creepy" that 60 million people could think that's the path this country needs to continue down. And one more thing, if you want to be on the side of murdering babies, I find that "creepy"

Well said TB.  beer
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »

Sounds like you are longing for the Bush years. You remember that war criminal, right? Unjustified and unpaid for wars, tax cuts for billionaires (sure hope they get to keep there second mortgage and yacht deductions, plus their charitable donations to the Mormon church). It will probably take a century for this country to recover from that reign of error. Also, please get over your love affair with the fetus.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »

It's just another government subsidy for the middle class ... don't really do anything about the illegal workers while allowing them and their families to receive various benefits, so that Lusty Tar Heel can have cheap veggies on his table.

maroon

Hey you F'in A'hole   Damn right Im concerned about the cost of what it takes to feed my family and put a roof over our heads.

Not sit back and do nothing while the government pays for everything.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

Hey you F'in A'hole

Nice behavior, and it has historically accomplished SO MUCH on the forum.

Damn right Im concerned about the cost of what it takes to feed my family and put a roof over our heads.

A concern shared by close to 100% of Americans.

Not sit back and do nothing while the government pays for everything.

And so, if they are illegal workers, that means they're sitting back and doing nothing? Does not compute.

And WTF does this have to do with the original subject of subsidized food and gas anyhow?

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Do you ever wonder why you are the most hated person on both sides of these forums?

thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »

Sounds like you are longing for the Bush years. You remember that war criminal, right? Unjustified and unpaid for wars, tax cuts for billionaires (sure hope they get to keep there second mortgage and yacht deductions, plus their charitable donations to the Mormon church). It will probably take a century for this country to recover from that reign of error. Also, please get over your love affair with the fetus.

Yawn... Yeah those unjustified wars approved by Congress like they are suppose to be. Yeah those same exact taxes cuts the Odumbass administration says the republicans are holding over the middle class. Yeah those tax cuts. And make no mistake, I'm all for killing those who deserve to die. An unborn baby doesn't happen to fit that description for me.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »

Well, I have had two different Mormon families as neighbors.   So I am not uninformed.  Both families, even the kids!, were bigots to the max and kept trying to change our minds and join their church. 

I think it was only recently they let a black person become a pastor or whatever they call their top guy and still no women allowed.
thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

Well, I have had two different Mormon families as neighbors.   So I am not uninformed.  Both families, even the kids!, were bigots to the max and kept trying to change our minds and join their church. 

I think it was only recently they let a black person become a pastor or whatever they call their top guy and still no women allowed.

LMAO, I've known two people from California and they were both total idiots. I guess that solves it, unequivocal proof!!!!!!!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »

That's Obama's pastor for 20+ years from whom he received personal counseling from and called him one of the most influential people in his life.  Wink

By the way...I agree with you!

I knew that and it freaked me out at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: