Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 05:22:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 6147 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

No illegals, no fruits and vegetables...not at anything resembling current prices, anyway.

It's just another government subsidy for the middle class ... don't really do anything about the illegal workers while allowing them and their families to receive various benefits, so that Lusty Tar Heel can have cheap veggies on his table.

maroon
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

Some bad news for those who think the election was swayed only by those black sheep expecting a handout: Latinos and Asians rejected the far right agenda of the Republicans in overwhelming numbers, too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-08/asian-voters-send-a-message-to-republicans.html 

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 11:39:29 AM »

It's just another government subsidy for the middle class ... don't really do anything about the illegal workers while allowing them and their families to receive various benefits, so that Lusty Tar Heel can have cheap veggies on his table.

So be it...but I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 for a side salad with my entree.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »

So be it...but I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 for a side salad with my entree.

That's okay, you're not one of the posters on here continually complaining about the illegals and "how much they cost us".

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

I think so. I can only put up with their slanted bullshit around election time, so I'm not sure...but I meant, a crawl *dedicated* to all of their retractions. Should have been more clear.

I meant a crawl dedicated to all their errors and BS. Their famous "fact check".

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »

No illegals, no fruits and vegetables...not at anything resembling current prices, anyway.

heck...you put the lazy bums on welfare to work?? they are i'd say 75% of the reaso nwe have so many illegals working here - cuz the welfare american thinks he's too good for those kindsof jobs- yeah- eve nthe majority that are drug addicted high school drop outs...imagine that!

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »

heck...you put the lazy bums on welfare to work?? they are i'd say 75% of the reaso nwe have so many illegals working here - cuz the welfare american thinks he's too good for those kindsof jobs- yeah- eve nthe majority that are drug addicted high school drop outs...imagine that!

I say we start dealing with the illegal problem by fining and jailing any horseman who uses an illegal simply because they're unwilling to pay a living wage to an American citizen.

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »

Yeah, the Mormons are okay,

hey....i was a huge 'donnie and marie' fan growing up! maroon

Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »

I say we start dealing with the illegal problem by fining and jailing any horseman who uses an illegal simply because they're unwilling to pay a living wage to an American citizen.

thumbs up

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »

hey....i was a huge 'donnie and marie' fan growing up! maroon

I'm still a Marie fan. Those Weight Watchers commercials rule!

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »

Back to the original subject, Jon Stewart comments on Fox News election night coverage:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/jon-stewart-fox-news-election-meltdown-video_n_2092224.html

NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

Grin
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »

Some bad news for those who think the election was swayed only by those black sheep expecting a handout: Latinos and Asians rejected the far right agenda of the Republicans in overwhelming numbers, too.

For those sour white folks out there that think blacks and other minorities tilted the election to Obama, I have some rather eye-popping news.

Using some very rough assumptions, simply for the sake of discussion:

* The percentage of whites in the US population (~72%, lately) = the percentage of whites who voted in the Pres. election. (Not exactly true of course, but close enough for where I am going here.)

* ALL non-whites voted for Obama (untrue, of course, but just go with it)

...and some real numbers...

* Obama got 60.8 million votes

* Romney got 57.9 million votes

We can start crunching some numbers, however crude:

* 118.7 million TOTAL votes

* 72% of those votes are from whites: 85.5 million

* 28% from non-whites: 33.2 million...all of whom we are assuming (erroneously) voted for Obama

* By deduction, we see that at least 27.6 million of the votes Obama received...came from WHITES.

THAT's the "racial" angle here...not that "ignorant blacks" blindly followed their "Black Messiah"...but so did almost 1/3 of all white voters!

So, enough of the moaning and lamenting the loss of "white influence" in selecting the President -- damn near as many whites as non-whites voted for Obama! Do the math!
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »

They should have concession speeches in sports as well.  Tom Brady could have got on stage with the Giants last year and conceeded the Super Bowl.

How much money does the country waste on political party conventions, security for these boobs travelling around, innagural balls and such?  All this and we have people struggling to make ends meet, dealing with natural disasters, homelessness and poverty.  The divide between the elite haves (politicians) and have nots (working Americans) grows day by day and politicians become more out of touch day by day.

Even though I'm totally off topic here, I agree with you 100%, just what these guys spend to get or to try to be elected is ridiculous. I normally don't let shit like this bother me but I couldnt believe the bullshit about the NYC Marathon.....The millionaire basketball players had their games in Brooklyn and at MSG, the Giants got to play their game in the worst hit section anywhere......and these poor amateurs who paid their own way to NYC, rounded up hundreds of millions in pledges for worthy organizations, not to mention 340 million for the local econony.....were told to eat their losses and go home because it wouldnt be right for them to go for a run on a Sunday morning......Total bullshit and everyone involved should be embarrased

SHOWTIME!!!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »

Back to the original subject, Jon Stewart comments on Fox News election night coverage:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/jon-stewart-fox-news-election-meltdown-video_n_2092224.html

poo- poo terry - the original subject is boring poppycock......

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »

Grin

I just found out that the person that is most relieved that Mitt Romney didn't win is...Ann Romney! (Huh?)

It's TRUE: she didn't want to have to move into a smaller house!
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:23 PM »

I voted the eeny meeny miney mo, pick a liar here we go method......forget where my finger landed..... maroon

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

Even though I'm totally off topic here, I agree with you 100%, just what these guys spend to get or to try to be elected is ridiculous.

And yet the activist conservative judges sitting on the Supreme Court said there's not nearly enough money being spent on elections in this country, and overturned 100 year old Federal and State laws that our forefathers in their wisdom and experience had put in place to limit the corrupting influence of unlimited money. Just like the politicians of the 1990's and 2000's thought they were smarter than the Depression era people who had put Wall Street regulations in place to prevent abuses, so these few activist conservative judges in their hubris thought they were smarter than the old boys, decided to legislate from the bench, and look at this mess of money.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

I meant a crawl dedicated to all their errors and BS. Their famous "fact check".

Ahh...I'm not sure, and I'm too busy grinning to give a damn, frankly.

Not because I'm glad Obama got re-elected. I'm ambivalent about that...many issues, questions and concerns. Hoping he can do better, but not counting on it.

But the prolonged whining and moaning from all of the Repug asshats and stuffed shirts that insisted, ASSURED me, that Romney would win in a landslide -- OH, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOY these last few days have been!

I'll worry about the country and Fox News and other important things like global warming and ho-hum mouth later -- for now:

Eat it, Romney supportersnyah nyah nyah
SandyLoam

« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

Romney won! It was on the Internet.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/11/08/romney-camp-publishes-victory-site.html
SandyLoam

« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »

I think the most accurate indicator of who would win was Andy Beyer, with his rep for picking winners of the big ones. He picked Romney.

Any truth in the data that the "experts" who picked Romney also had Game On Dude?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »

But the prolonged whining and moaning from all of the Repug asshats and stuffed shirts that insisted, ASSURED me, that Romney would win in a landslide -- OH, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOY these last few days have been!

I'm mostly happy the American people as a whole, including ~40% overall of the majority white voters and even more in the swing states, had the good sense to reject the odious extreme and reactionary policies of the modern Republican party. The righties here on the forum and their wrong claims and personal anguish if any, feh. Pretty meaningless.

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

HV why the distain for people like Mitt who has the mcmansion?  Don't you believe in capitalism?  He's a good man that actually made his fortune, not inheriting it.  I am jealous of him but think he and the others like him have earned it.
SandyLoam

« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »

HV why the distain for people like Mitt who has the mcmansion?  Don't you believe in capitalism?  He's a good man that actually made his fortune, not inheriting it.  I am jealous of him but think he and the others like him have earned it.

He made his fortune by, first, inheriting it, and then destroying the jobs, livelihoods and aspirations of thousands of people and families who lost employment as he plundered and then blew up companies for the sole purpose of making a very few number of people, including himself, unspeakably wealthy. He was a master practitioner of the greed and immorality that has contributed to the destruction of our economy and caused so much pain for so many people. During the campaign, you could see he was throwing up in his mouth when he talked about caring about people or helping people.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »

You are a little light on the facts, as usual.

His inheritance is hidden from the public. He claimed he donated all of it, but won't provide any documentation. Guess why? If I wanted credit for handing over all of my inheritence, I'd damn well show the paperwork.

Besides, what he DID inherit -- that we can verify -- is The Good Life: he grew up in one of wealthiest communities in the country, attend an elite prep school, interned for "Governor Dad" (whew! I'll bet THAT was some ball-breaking work, huh?), and didn't have to come up with a nickel of his own money to attend Stanford, BYU, and Harvard.

(Just wondering, motto: did you attend an elite prep school and top-shelf University for free? Me neither. Like I've said before, Mitt was born on 3rd base, and he thinks HE hit a triple.)

And how did Mitt earn his money, once he went through his privileged years as George's wealthy scion?

He led a company that comes in to your place of work, strips off assets and sells them (goodbye, jobs!), then recommends cheaper offshore labor to replace the business functions that just got sold off; Bain Consluting was/is nothing but a Corporate Raider in an $1800 suit.

I'd have more respect for Romney if he was a pimp: as least then he'd be (ahem) providing jobs for U.S. citizens.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: