Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 01:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combined political thread  (Read 6287 times)
NYRA 792

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »

What an entertaining night of TV from Fox News  laughing guy Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »

Been waiting 4 years to see these Fox News bastards choke on it...just suck it, you weasels.

What a great country this is!  Grin
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

For anyone who would like to read the Wall Street Journal online, it is free to read until, I believe, 4:00 p.m. Central tomorrow. I saw something interesting in the WSJ this morning. It said to watch what the Dow closed at today.  If it was up, the incumbent would win. If it was down, the challenger would win.  They said it was accurate about 90% of the time.  The Dow was up 133 today.

www.wsj.com
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »

Now that Bama won, watch where it goes over the next few days and months - I have a clue DOWN.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

Of course CNN and MSNBC are straight down the middle.  Very clueless people here.  I suspect Greta Van Sustern was quite happy on FOX last night?  The reason FOX news is better is that the women on there are better looking, no other reason.

I don't get the glee for either of these two winning.  Gone are the days where the country is run by true statesmen like George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Harry Truman.  You have two groups of gangsters competing to see who is in charge of the ripoffs and croneyism for the next 4 years and it's sad to see people cheering for one group of gangsters or the other while they are having their pockets picked by politicians no matter what party they are affiliated with.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:13:41 AM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »

Now that Bama won, watch where it goes over the next few days and months - I have a clue DOWN.

Another sour Repug.

Your man lost, he didn't connect with mainstream America. Get over it.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »

Fox started with the excuses about 7:05 pm blaming Christy, the hurricane... laughing guy  Grin 
What a great evening and a wonderful morning  flag
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »

Fox started with the excuses about 7:05 pm blaming Christy, the hurricane... laughing guy  Grin 
What a great evening and a wonderful morning  flag
You not only have blinkers on but are wearing two murphy blinds and a screen if you think one party is better than the other.

Think rationally (may be hard) but if you are Christie (note the spelling) wouldn't it be better for you to have Obama win and then run for president in 4 years against a non-incumbent democrat than have to possibly wait 8 more years for someone in your own party to vacate the office?  Think about it.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »

Could not agree more with you Louie.  Neither side is going to do anything for you.  That Davis guy won in the City even thought he has been indited.  That don't matter in the black wards because the black representatives are going to save them.  The Dem's in charge have to be laughing their asses off at all those dummies. 
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

Think rationally (may be hard) but if you are Christie (note the spelling) wouldn't it be better for you to have Obama win and then run for president in 4 years against a non-incumbent democrat than have to possibly wait 8 more years for someone in your own party to vacate the office?  Think about it.

Except, here's the difference:

Dems could live with a guy like Christie getting elected...whereas Repugs are SO f'n dogmatic they can't tolerate ANY Dem candidate, no matter how good he or she might be.

This is why the Repugs are so despised by middle-of-the-road America: too one-sided, "their way or the highway" mentality. Crock of shit.

Ann Coulter said it best last night: if the Repugs couldn't beat Obama, it's time to gut the party and rebuild it from scratch. She simply nailed it.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »

You not only have blinkers on but are wearing two murphy blinds and a screen if you think one party is better than the other.

Christy...you got me there  beer
Karl Rove last night...priceless  Grin laughing guy
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »

Except, here's the difference:

Dems could live with a guy like Christie getting elected...whereas Repugs are SO f'n dogmatic they can't tolerate ANY Dem candidate, no matter how good he or she might be.

This is why the Repugs are so despised by middle-of-the-road America: too one-sided, "their way or the highway" mentality. Crock of shit.

Ann Coulter said it best last night: if the Repugs couldn't beat Obama, it's time to gut the party and rebuild it from scratch. She simply nailed it.

You might want to rethink that, Christie is much further to the right than Romney.  Anybody on the left won't like it.

You use these fancy little clever words like repugs and we're supposed to think you're not biased?  It's fine to biased towards one party over another I guess it keeps both parties filthy rich but don't pretend to be unbiased.  You obviously vote along party lines which is fine but I happen to think that someone who is not endebted to one particular party might be better off though it could just be a matter of time until they would become corrupt as well.  If that's the case then there is truly no hope and no end to the ripoffs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:57:42 AM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

Christy...you got me there  beer
Karl Rove last night...priceless  Grin laughing guy

We asked you to think rationally and got cartoons.  Tell us why the Democrats don't rip us off but the republicans do.  Do you not see that ALL politicians use the American public as an ATM machine?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »

You might want to rethink that, Christie is much further to the right than Romney.  Anybody on the left won't like it.

You use these fancy little clever words like repugs and we're supposed to think you're not biased?  It's fine to biased towards one party over another I guess it keeps both parties filthy rich but don't pretend to be unbiased. 

Um...YOU are the one pretending to be unbiased, pal. I'm a lifelong Democrat, but I have crossed party lines for a better candidate (John Anderson in 1980, Reagan in 1984).

And, I'm not using "clever little words": I find most staunch Republicans to be repugnant, so I am not hiding a damn thing. You don't have to like it.

I'm not worried about the big picture today; I am here to heap poo on ALL of the Repugs, here on this Forum and elsewhere, who were so cocky and cocksure that they would defeat Obama. What an ABYSMAL failure on their part! Obama's job was there for the taking, and they simply WHIFFED.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »

We asked you to think rationally and got cartoons.  Tell us why the Democrats don't rip us off but the republicans do.  Do you not see that ALL politicians use the American public as an ATM machine?

That's too complicated for me  Grin
After I'm finished looking at the Twitter posts of Trump and Victoria Jackson I'm going to continue with the celebration   trophy
 flag
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »

After I'm finished looking at the Twitter posts of Trump and Victoria Jackson I'm going to continue with the celebration   trophy
 flag

Me too.

Funny how Repug pre-election swagger has conveniently morphed into a "deep caring" about the future of this country...and right this minute! No time for Dems to celebrate their astonishing win, no sir!  Roll Eyes

What a pile of shit.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

Um...YOU are the one pretending to be unbiased, pal. I'm a lifelong Democrat, but I have crossed party lines for a better candidate (John Anderson in 1980, Reagan in 1984).

And, I'm not using "clever little words": I find most staunch Republicans to be repugnant, so I am not hiding a damn thing. You don't have to like it.

I'm not worried about the big picture today; I am here to heap poo on ALL of the Repugs, here on this Forum and elsewhere, who were so cocky and cocksure that they would defeat Obama. What an ABYSMAL failure on their part! Obama's job was there for the taking, and they simply WHIFFED.

I'm not your pal, I actually think you're a douchebag and can see right through you.  You show me where I'm beholden to a party.  I voted yesterday but only on a local level where I believe people can still be public spirited and civic minded.  I didn't vote for anyone for president as I didn't see anyone qualified enough to hold the position.

You don't like it that you can't argue with me and slap high fives because I truly believe they are all ripoffs after the local level (some at the local level are ripoffs as well).  You don't know how to discuss your slanted point of view with a person who see them all as bad.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »

That's too complicated for me  Grin
 flag

I give you credit, at least you admit everyday life is too complicated for you.  I'll say one thing, at least today we can return to betting and watching the races and that's never a bad thing.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

I'm not your pal, I actually think you're a douchebag and can see right through you.  You show me where I'm beholden to a party.  I voted yesterday but only on a local level where I believe people can still be public spirited and civic minded.  I didn't vote for anyone for president as I didn't see anyone qualified enough to hold the position.

Get off it already.

You can claim "independent" and try to lord it over all of us partisan folks if you like, but you are undoubtedly at least a closet Republican, or you wouldn't be out here protesting these posts so stridently.

So, "Louis" -- please come out of the closet. You aren't fooling anybody.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

Get off it already.

You can claim "independent" and try to lord it over all of us partisan folks if you like, but you are undoubtedly at least a closet Republican, or you wouldn't be out here protesting these posts so stridently.

So, "Louis" -- please come out of the closet. You aren't fooling anybody.

I stand by what I write.  All politicians are ripoffs.  If you don't see that then you are blind and certainly in the minority.  You see you want me to affiliated with some party because in your mind it's supposed to be that way.  Tow the party line.  Notice the presidents I mentioned in my first post...do they all belong to the same party?  Of course not but they were certainly the best men for the job during their times and I would add Kennedy to the list as well. He was the last truly public spirited citizen who held office and certainly backed it up with his service to his country.  And it was not phony GW Bush service, he served in combat.

I'm sorry I have you so baffled but I don't subscribe to a party and you wishing I'm a closet whatever is funny but shows your lack of knowledge.  People really can be independent.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:29:02 AM by Louie Weedelbaum » Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

People really can be independent.

Of course they can.

But no one can run from what they write, and from what YOU have already written here -- in tenor, tone and content...today and previously -- you have flagged yourself as a closet Repug.

And I stand by what I have written.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »

For anyone who would like to read the Wall Street Journal online, it is free to read until, I believe, 4:00 p.m. Central tomorrow. I saw something interesting in the WSJ this morning. It said to watch what the Dow closed at today.  If it was up, the incumbent would win. If it was down, the challenger would win.  They said it was accurate about 90% of the time.  The Dow was up 133 today.

I think the most accurate indicator of who would win was Andy Beyer, with his rep for picking winners of the big ones. He picked Romney.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »

Of course they can.

But no one can run from what they write, and from what YOU have already written here -- in tenor, tone and content...today and previously -- you have flagged yourself as a closet Repug.

And I stand by what I have written.

That's the way you want it to be but unfortunately your removal from reality won't work.  Again I ask you to show me what I have written that shows that.

You keep wishing for something to be true and maybe Santa will grant your wish, Christmas is coming up.  You can stand by your thoughts all you want and it's good that you do, but when pressed for facts you came up short.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »

ho-hum......another four years of the same chit, different day......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

The country will go the way of Illinois...you get what you wish for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: