Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wise Dan...  (Read 2818 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »

In my opinion the top horse in the world...including Frankel. He can go any distance on any surface and could have won any BC race he is qualified to run in. He is a gelding so race fans can enjoy this guy for a few more years.  beer
Report to moderator   Logged
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »

Very tough to disagree but also very tough to compare all horses in the worls as well.  He has to get consideration for HOY.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »

Better than Frankel?  Not a chance.  (Neither Wise Dan nor any other horse in training has the acceleration and top-end speed that Frankel does.)  It's not really all that hard to compare them, either.  Just look at their PPs and watch the videos.  Frankel is (was) a complete, total freak--one of the greatest of all time.
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »

If you want to go by Excelebration on form comparison, Wise Dan beat him 2 lengths with Excelebration on two weeks rest and a trip across an ocean and a continent.  Frankel beat him by 11, 5 and 4 lengths this year on Excelebration's and Frankel's home turf. 

Wise Dan deserves horse of the year in the US without an argument in my opinion.  I just wouldn't start getting carried away by bringing Frankel into the conversation.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »

Better than Frankel?  Not a chance.  (Neither Wise Dan nor any other horse in training has the acceleration and top-end speed that Frankel does.)  It's not really all that hard to compare them, either.  Just look at their PPs and watch the videos.  Frankel is (was) a complete, total freak--one of the greatest of all time.

11 1/5 finish in a track record time in a hand ride easing him to the wire says it all. In addition to that he set a track record at Keeneland this year at 1 1/8 mile in 146 3/5 on the synthetic surface, again on a had ride being eased at the wire winning by over 10 lenghts. How many track records does Frankel have?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:38:43 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:20:08 PM »

If you want to go by Excelebration on form comparison, Wise Dan beat him 2 lengths with Excelebration on two weeks rest and a trip across an ocean and a continent.  Frankel beat him by 11, 5 and 4 lengths this year on Excelebration's and Frankel's home turf. 

Wise Dan deserves horse of the year in the US without an argument in my opinion.  I just wouldn't start getting carried away by bringing Frankel into the conversation.

The most important form consideration is that Excelebration didn't hit the board which tells me that there was not much other talent in their "local" races. Frankel should have been displayed on a big stage.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »

but mel hunny- frankel is undefeated.....wise dan is not.....i seem to recall that being all important to you when 'comparing' horses a couple yrs ago......

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
Table Gambler
If you mess with the BULL you will get the HORNS!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »

Better than Frankel?  Not a chance.  (Neither Wise Dan nor any other horse in training has the acceleration and top-end speed that Frankel does.)  It's not really all that hard to compare them, either.  Just look at their PPs and watch the videos.  Frankel is (was) a complete, total freak--one of the greatest of all time.

Frankel is a Great horse and Kudos to his record. I'm sorry didn't see Frankel in the Racing form on Saturday @ Santa Anita @ the WORLD THOROUGHBRED CHAMPIONSHIP? Wise Dan hands Down Horse of the Year. Graded Stakes Winner on all Surfaces including the Breeders Cup Mile in Record Time.  trophy
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

You're assuming the self appointed World Thoroughbred Championship is an accurate assessment of the Breeders Cup meeting.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »

but mel hunny- frankel is undefeated.....wise dan is not.....i seem to recall that being all important to you when 'comparing' horses a couple yrs ago......

Undefeated is very important when it includes BC wins.  Wink

You also know that I lose respect for dodgers. Wink
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

You're assuming the self appointed World Thoroughbred Championship is an accurate assessment of the Breeders Cup meeting.

Did Frankel run anywhere outside of the United Kingdom?
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »

Did Frankel run anywhere outside of the United Kingdom?

No.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

Warning, this is a silly post.   But I have a friend named Dan, who is a bartender and a very wise guy handicapper.  So when I take his bets out for big races, I always take a real good look at his picks.

I love Wise Dan.  (the horse, not the guy)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »

In my opinion the top horse in the world...including Frankel. He can go any distance on any surface and could have won any BC race he is qualified to run in. He is a gelding so race fans can enjoy this guy for a few more years.  beer

Where u been Wise Mel?

He should win hiss of the year hands down !
God I pray the derby winner don't get it!

Nice to read u again buddy!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »

Where u been Wise Mel?

He should win hiss of the year hands down !
God I pray the derby winner don't get it!

Nice to read u again buddy!

How you been? Wise Dan is my new favorite. He can do it all which makes him remarkable.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »

How you been? Wise Dan is my new favorite. He can do it all which makes him remarkable.

kinda like Einstein eh........

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

kinda like Einstein eh........

Wink
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 12:32:22 PM »

Funny thing is......had Game On Dude won the classic like he was supposed to.....this thread would be mute...cuz we all know that winning classic- has dibs (haha) over winning any other Bcup race - no matter how grand the performance......and G.O.D. would have been hands down HOTY...they were stating that fact days before the race was even run.....s.m.h

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »

Funny thing is......had Game On Dude won the classic like he was supposed to.....this thread would be mute...cuz we all know that winning classic- has dibs (haha) over winning any other Bcup race - no matter how grand the performance......and G.O.D. would have been hands down HOTY...they were stating that fact days before the race was even run.....s.m.h

You are right! The problem is, he not only lost, he got his ass handed to him. If he was truly great, he would have lost only by a head bob even with a rough trip... Wink
TheRedMile

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »

game on dude was supposed to win the bc classic ?  laughing guy
like he was supposed to last yr ?
like it was supposed to be a baffert bc weekend ?
TheRedMile

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

11 1/5 finish in a track record time in a hand ride easing him to the wire says it all. In addition to that he set a track record at Keeneland this year at 1 1/8 mile in 146 3/5 on the synthetic surface, again on a had ride being eased at the wire winning by over 10 lenghts. How many track records does Frankel have?

when wise dan steps up and carries some weight then we can compare him to frankel
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

when wise dan steps up and carries some weight then we can compare him to frankel

Step up to what? How many track records did you say Frankel had?
TheRedMile

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »

Step up to what? How many track records did you say Frankel had?

your going to hang your hat on track records ?  laughing guy laughing guy

despite 6 more starts than frankel how many gr 1's and cash did wise dan win in comparison to frankel ?
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »

Mel:  You're absolutely right.  Really.  Now shut up.

Everybody else:  Never argue with a crazy man.
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »

Mel:  You're absolutely right.  Really.  Now shut up.

Everybody else:  Never argue with a crazy man.

My my, why are we so upset?  bang head

Maybe one day you can grow a pair to say that to someones face.  chicken laughing guy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:29:40 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: