Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 06:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wise Dan...  (Read 2508 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »

talk about a horse's talent level
frankel's opening stud fee has been set at $198,500
i have never seen a higher opening fee anywhere

Did he sell a full season yet?  Wink

Report to moderator   Logged
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »

Did he sell a full season yet?  Wink

Do you think he won't?
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

Do you think he won't?

Don't know, just curious on real payer's on that type of stud fee. Stud fee's usually go up I thought after you prove worthy, is that not correct?
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »

Don't know, just curious on real payer's on that type of stud fee. Stud fee's usually go up I thought after you prove worthy, is that not correct?

I think you get about two years of track performance and then the first indicator is how the foals are accepted/rated at the sales. The next year is when the price might take a big hit if they don't perform on the track. I think Dynaformer started at $5000 and made it all the way to $150,000 for a couple of years. Frankel is royalty so demand may push him up second year in the $250,000 range. Would be shocked if his book isn't full already.
Equiforce

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »

We love and miss you Mel.  Hand them their sh** on a platter....you have forgotten...more than they can ever hope to know.   But I'm not sure you can fix stup**
TheRedMile

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:33 PM »

I think you get about two years of track performance and then the first indicator is how the foals are accepted/rated at the sales. The next year is when the price might take a big hit if they don't perform on the track. I think Dynaformer started at $5000 and made it all the way to $150,000 for a couple of years. Frankel is royalty so demand may push him up second year in the $250,000 range. Would be shocked if his book isn't full already.

the first indicator is how well the foals are accepted at the sales
by the time the 1st crop is hitting the track as 2yos the 3rd crop is being born
that is why they breed so many the first few crops in order to recoup the price paid for the stud      in frankel's case that does not matter as the owner is doing the breeding
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »

We love and miss you Mel.  Hand them their sh** on a platter....you have forgotten...more than they can ever hope to know.   But I'm not sure you can fix stup**

Someone with so few forum posts lifetime suddenly jumps right into this political nonsense, too  Roll Eyes ... Oh yeah, it just keeps getting better and better.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »

the first indicator is how well the foals are accepted at the sales
by the time the 1st crop is hitting the track as 2yos the 3rd crop is being born
that is why they breed so many the first few crops in order to recoup the price paid for the stud      in frankel's case that does not matter as the owner is doing the breeding

I think track performance(and bloodlines) by the stallion comes before how the horses are accepted at the sales. That is what I was referring to. I guess I should have clarified. They are only booking a 100 I believe so will almost certainly go up next year. Would be great if he comes to the US for a year. We went to Darley while at Keeneland and most of the stallions were down under. Midshipman was there with Quiet American and Holy Bull. Midshipman is a beautiful horse  and may be a sleeper in the industry. They like him a lot.
TheRedMile

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »

i have never seen a stallion with a $100K+ initial stud fee see the fee go up in his 2nd season at stud
if anything the fee may go down in the 3rd season until the results on the track of his babies show positive results
it is not likely frankel's stud fee will rise as long as his sire galileo is still around
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »

Be careful bud .....you can be put in 'quarantine' if we think you are 'infected'.... sarcasm

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »

i have never seen a stallion with a $100K+ initial stud fee see the fee go up in his 2nd season at stud
if anything the fee may go down in the 3rd season until the results on the track of his babies show positive results
it is not likely frankel's stud fee will rise as long as his sire galileo is still around

They tried Ghostzapper at 200k too.....In 3 years it was 30k.....Can you say Stately Victor?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:11:15 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »

How many stallions have been a champion at 2,3, and 4? it is still supply and demand and if he keeps the book low at a 100, it could happen. Like you say,if he is a bust on the track, they lose millions down the road so why wouldn't they if the opportunity is there? Those that have the jack to pay 200 are not going to scoff at 250. It is about having a "Frankel" at that point. I hope I'm wrong, because it really puts stress on the industry when these fees get so high. They are going to make 19 million plus this year from his $200,000 fee after their costs.     
TheRedMile

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »

i think you are way off on your $19 million plus figure on a book of 100
right off the top the fee is for stands and nurses and i have yet to see any stallion receive a !00% rate  a good rate is about 90%
next we have no idea from the book of 100 how many will be juddmonte's own mares to be bred
toss in any deals foal sharing stud fee sharing etc there maybe
i think a $15 million figure looks about right

in my opinion it makes no sense to raise the stud fee in the 2nd yr
it would only piss others off and if the need to drop the fee comes in the 3 rd or 4th yr it becomes more dramatic
juddmonnte does not need the money in either case
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »

i think you are way off on your $19 million plus figure on a book of 100
right off the top the fee is for stands and nurses and i have yet to see any stallion receive a !00% rate  a good rate is about 90%
next we have no idea from the book of 100 how many will be juddmonte's own mares to be bred
toss in any deals foal sharing stud fee sharing etc there maybe
i think a $15 million figure looks about right

in my opinion it makes no sense to raise the stud fee in the 2nd yr
it would only piss others off and if the need to drop the fee comes in the 3 rd or 4th yr it becomes more dramatic
juddmonnte does not need the money in either case

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/Frankel-given-200000-stud-fee-by-owners-111412?ocid=ansfox11

I agree if it were any other horse, but he is now a legend.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

Frankel was chosen European horse of the year for the second straight year on Tuesday after winning five races in 2012, maintaining his NO. 1 POSITION in the WORLD thoroughbred rankings.

does Mel know this?? lol  maroon

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »

Frankel was chosen European horse of the year for the second straight year on Tuesday after winning five races in 2012, maintaining his NO. 1 POSITION in the WORLD thoroughbred rankings.

does Mel know this?? lol  maroon

Just who gets to select the "World" thoroughbred rankings?  Huh dunno
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »

If this is who I think it is I hope to be seeing a lot of you starting in January... Wink
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »

thumbs up heart trophy bowing yelln force!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: