Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 03:07:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best ride by a jockey of the Breeders Cup 2 day action?  (Read 848 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

Ramon Dominguez on Little Mike
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »

Rosie's winner today.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »

Rosie Napravnik on Shanghai Bobby was great as was Garrett Gomez ride on Beholder.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:32:06 PM »

I only saw a few races but the Hernandez ride seemed to work. He seems like such a great kid and I am glad he and Ian Wilkes won the big race. They were very gracious and modest. Neither took any credit and even credited Mucho Macho Man for running a huge race..... and then you had Bob Baffert blaming the rider on television. Some things never change.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »

I had forgotten about Brian Hernandez really and nice that he was given the opportunity and won the big race.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »

I have a feeling a few of the horses that looked to be going by Shanghai Bobby bled.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »

2012 was a big year for rosie napravnik and it sets her up for a bigger 2013.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »

LOL good thing youre not her agent, you thought she shoulda stayed at deleware for more riding titles

2012 was a big year for rosie napravnik and it sets her up for a bigger 2013.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »

LOL good thing youre not her agent, you thought she shoulda stayed at deleware for more riding titles

I underestimated her and she really came through!! What a bright future she has ahead of her! Smiley
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »

Hernandez did a nice job of taking Game on Dude out of his game early by forcing him to tuck in.  (I think Baffert would say--and more or less did say--that he got out-ridden.)  Then he settled his horse into a nice rhythm, got away from the field a bit toward the end of the backstretch and finished great.  That was a pretty nice ride from end to end.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39:02 PM »

Gryder.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »

Aaron Gryder did well and has ridden for years too and finally got a win in one of the biggest stages in America. Of course he did win the 2009 Dubai World Cup 3 years ago.
TheRedMile

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:52:47 PM »

he did not win the 4th race on sat but it wasn't because of a lack of effort
if you can take a look at leparoux's ride on the 3rd place horse balance the books
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »

Hernandez did a nice job of taking Game on Dude out of his game early by forcing him to tuck in.  (I think Baffert would say--and more or less did say--that he got out-ridden.)  Then he settled his horse into a nice rhythm, got away from the field a bit toward the end of the backstretch and finished great.  That was a pretty nice ride from end to end.

I don't find nothing wrong with the ride. I can't believe people are criticizing Rafael Bejarano for his ride. He is a great rider but the horse wasn't the best horse in there. Some said that he's too overhyped or overrated.

but I have to say IMO look at his 2005 breeders cup filly and mare turf ride on intercontinental, that was a masterpiece having the horse lone speed and the horse had never gone that long before and it won lone speed. That was when his name was starting to be out there as he was dominating the races in KY (churchill downs and keeneland) before coming here to Southern California.
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:14 AM »

Game on Dude broke poorly, sort of didn't have his feet under him. As faster horses said, Hernandez pretty much closed the door on him. I am not sure what else Bejarano could have done.... again, I am not an expert on race riding. Maybe the move was to gun him in between the two horses. I am terrible at biting my tongue and it is easy for me to say, but it would be cool if Bob Baffert just took a pass on the interview when he is upset with the rider.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:04:55 AM by JoeMama » Report to moderator   Logged
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »

Game on Dude has a history of not breaking real crisply....Combine that with the fact he isnt a true 1 1/4 horse and thats a recipe for disaster

SHOWTIME!!!
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »

Ramon Dominguez on Little Mike

Agree.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »

Agree.

That was a masterpiece ride by Ramon Dominguez and certainly the best ride of his career!! That's why he's the best rider of out right now!!
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »

Rosie put in a great ride on shanghai bobby and certainly proved over the weekend why she's one of the nation's best riders out right now
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »

Little Mike had to be best trainer-jockey combo performance of the day.  To get a speed horse like that to sit back off the pace, going a quarter mile beyond his longest win against a very strong field, and finish up like that--it's really impressive.  It takes a lot of patience and preparation both getting the horse ready and doing it in the race.  Either one alone won't do it.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »

Rosie Napravnik put on a masterpiece ride on Shanghai Bobby in that BC Juvenile. I hope they can win the KY Derby. Rosie also put in a great ride on Believe You Can in the KY Oaks too earlier in the year too. This was Rosie's breakthrough year and it's gonna lead to a bigger 2013.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »

of course some horses exceed or dont run up to it but i dont like his(SB) pedigree to get a mile and a quarter whatsoever

Rosie Napravnik put on a masterpiece ride on Shanghai Bobby in that BC Juvenile. I hope they can win the KY Derby. Rosie also put in a great ride on Believe You Can in the KY Oaks too earlier in the year too. This was Rosie's breakthrough year and it's gonna lead to a bigger 2013.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: