Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:06:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeders' Cup Turf quotes  (Read 490 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 03, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, Little Mike, 1st) – “I couldn’t commit to being on the lead (because of the distance). I did get a great trip right off the leaders.  When I asked him to run, he gave me a great kick.”

Dale Romans (trainer, Little Mike, 1st) – “Our first reaction after the race in New York (Turf Classic) was to shorten him up, but he had been trying to stretch him out all year so we decided to stick to our plan.  We talked over the race last night and thought those two horses (Turbo Compressor and Optimizer) would be gunning for the lead.  We were going to try to sit right off of them. He showed he could rate. He’s always been an overachiever but he does deserve to be champion.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Point of Entry, 2nd) – “I didn’t get the position I wanted.  I got slammed coming out of the gate. And the horse in front of me kept coming in and out.  By the time I got out it was too late. He (Point of Entry) was by far the best horse in the race.”

Jennifer Patterson (assistant to trainer Shug McGaughey, Point of Entry, 2nd) – “He was further back today with that quick pace.  He’s a very versatile horse and he’ll do what you ask him.  It’s a shorter stretch here and he had a lot to make up.  With this fast turf, they don’t come right back to you.  With the fractions that fast, I wasn’t unhappy with his position.  Maybe he could have moved a little earlier, but that’s easy to say now.  It was a tough beat, but he’s still a very nice horse.  He ran his heart out and tried as hard as he could, but just came up a little short.  We’ve had a great year with him and hopefully we’ll another great year with him next year.”

Joseph O’Brien (jockey, St Nicholas Abbey, 3rd) – “The trip was a good one for me.  He relaxed well off a fast pace.  When I asked him, he responded.  We had to go a bit wide on the turn, but nonetheless he ran very well.”

Aidan O’Brien (trainer, St Nicholas Abbey, 3rd) – “He gave a good solid run.  He didn’t quite pick up like he did last year.  He had a hard race in the Arc.  He came with a nice run.  He did nothing wrong and it’s great to be third.”

Christophe Lemaire (jockey, Shareta, 5th) – “They went a good pace throughout the race. She made a good run but she couldn’t get them.”

Frankie Dettori (jockey, Cogito, 7th) – “He’s run ok and he finished mid-division.”

Jamie Spencer (jockey, Treasure Beach, 10th) – “They went a good pace and I couldn’t really get him to where I wanted.”

#####
Report to moderator   Logged
Ghostjones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »

My favorite was the NBC analyst (not sure which one?) on Trailblazer: "He sees the cameraman and wants to kill him"
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: